Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition - How Hard Will it be to find?

AFAIK only GameStop and Amazon are carrying this. Typically GameStop is the only store selling any type of LE Metal Gear Game in the US. I'm glad to see you can buy it from Amazon too, since there is free shipping and no sales tax (for most).

Typically Metal Gear LEs have actually been limited, so if you are interested you should get it...

Did this game come out today? Maybe I just went insane but I swear this was delayed... I saw a press release and read alot of internet chatter a few weeks ago that the game was bumped to January or February of next year, I swear that I also saw my AZ order date get changed, but now I'm reading all these reviews and AZ has it listed as shipping soon.

It's out at gamestop. Got really lucky and preordered the PS3 LE there. Called earlier and it's there. Going to get it tomorrow.

And the PS3 LE is $150+ on amazon while the 360 version there is retail price when I checked. Ebay prices on the PS3 LE are a good bit better but still $100+. A bit shocked it got so rare so fast.

[quote name='iamsmart']Did this game come out today? Maybe I just went insane but I swear this was delayed... I saw a press release and read alot of internet chatter a few weeks ago that the game was bumped to January or February of next year, I swear that I also saw my AZ order date get changed, but now I'm reading all these reviews and AZ has it listed as shipping soon.[/QUOTE]

Nah its just been delayed for europe. Sucks to be us

[quote name='That guy in the hat']Nah its just been delayed for europe. Sucks to be us[/QUOTE]

Ahh gotcha, well at least you got that ultimate edition.

I had a feeling this might happen since pretty much every single MGS LE became rare not too long after release. However, I had thought since Amazon was carrying it this time, and with it being on two systems, that it'd either become the typical *wink* "LE" *wink* or at least last a little while. Because of that I had ALMOST decided to hold out rather than spend an extra $30 for an, albeit a very nice one, art book and special packaging. Glad I decided to go ahead and pre-order on the off chance that it did become hard to find... :)

[quote name='Strell']Stupid question time: Is there a difference between the PS3/360 versions?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, though I could be wrong... I mean, erm, THE CASE IS 72% SEXIER FOR PS3!

[quote name='Strell']Stupid question time: Is there a difference between the PS3/360 versions?[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's a big difference between the two except maybe graphically and performance. Heck the games were designed to run on Sony's systems, so I would figure the PS3 being the best version.

PS3 has Transfarring, which allow you to import your save data from Peace Walker on the PSP to the PS3 to play on the big screen and transfer back once you wanna go back out on the road.

360 has unlockable Avatar Award Items for your Dashboard Avatar such as your own Metal Gear pet

That's about it really....

I don't know if it's worth it, $30 bucks more for an artbook. Eh I'm just trying to rationalize the fact that I couldn't snag the Ps3 version just now since it's OoS @ Amazon.

I'm a sucker for art books, and Yoji Shinkawa is a badass artist. Granted, I've already got a pretty sweet artbook from him, but if this one has a lot of sketches, it'll be worth it.

Which is to say: If someone here has thumbed through the artbook, can you give me a heads up? Is it just a bunch of 3D renders or does it have actual concept art type stuff?

Wasn't it announced Transfarring for the PS3 version was only for the Japanese release? Or did they end up including it in the US release as well?
Waiting for Amazon to ship my copy. Yay free shipping and no option for release date delivery! I'll get to play it by December!

I walked into Gamestop and bought the LE version for the PS3. They had only two of the four for sale. The box art for the game is the same as standard version. The big box has the nice art and the art book is cool. You are basically paying 30 bucks for the art book and a big box. Not worth getting unless you like that kind of stuff.

[quote name='TerraBemani']A bit shocked it got so rare so fast.[/QUOTE]

You mean it was rare from the get-go, its not like they were shipping tons and then decided to stop to make it rarer right away.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']The 360 version is still available at Amazon...[/QUOTE]

It wasnt when I posted, or at least so I thought. Oh well.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']wow I didn't think this was going to be rare, glad I picked up my copy at kmart today[/QUOTE]

The LE is at Kmart? Hmmm.....

[quote name='Strell']I'm a sucker for art books, and Yoji Shinkawa is a badass artist. Granted, I've already got a pretty sweet artbook from him, but if this one has a lot of sketches, it'll be worth it.

Which is to say: If someone here has thumbed through the artbook, can you give me a heads up? Is it just a bunch of 3D renders or does it have actual concept art type stuff?[/QUOTE]

My copy isn't here yet, but I'm assuming it'll have all of that good stuff in it since it is 200+ pages.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Wasn't it announced Transfarring for the PS3 version was only for the Japanese release? Or did they end up including it in the US release as well?
Waiting for Amazon to ship my copy. Yay free shipping and no option for release date delivery! I'll get to play it by December![/QUOTE]

The US version does have Transfarring too, in fact the PS3 version is supposed to have a code so you can download the PSP version of Peace Walker for free so you can instantly transfarr...

[quote name='Mixer236']I had a feeling this might happen since pretty much every single MGS LE became rare not too long after release. However, I had thought since Amazon was carrying it this time, and with it being on two systems, that it'd either become the typical *wink* "LE" *wink* or at least last a little while. Because of that I had ALMOST decided to hold out rather than spend an extra $30 for an, albeit a very nice one, art book and special packaging. Glad I decided to go ahead and pre-order on the off chance that it did become hard to find... :)[/QUOTE]

As a rule all of the LE Metal Gear games (MGS3, MGS4, MGS:pW) have been very limited, and usually only available at GameStop. I'm just glad this time around it was available at Amazon too...

Christ saw one that went for $150, I almost don't want to open it now. Might keep this for my collection and look for a cheaper standard edition later.

I looked it up at gamestop.com and I found three stores within my area that have the PS3 limited edition but when I called them up they said its only for people who reserved it. I wished I had remembered about it. Oh well.

Its rarity doesn't make sense though, you could buy the 360 version and everything would be the same except the slipcover, since there's no steelbook or anything.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Its rarity doesn't make sense though, you could buy the 360 version and everything would be the same except the slipcover, since there's no steelbook or anything.[/QUOTE]

That's just how it goes... sometimes the supply and demand are different for one version over the other. Generally it's the PS3 version that's more sought after, if I were to guess why I would assume it's because they print less copies for PS3 than 360, but there are times when the PS3 version is easy to find and the 360 version in rather rare, Assassin's Creed II CE comes to mind.

Ordered regular and LE.

Can't wait to sell the LE for $300.

Sold my last LE for $300 on the Amazon Marketplace.

[quote name='iamsmart']That's just how it goes... sometimes the supply and demand are different for one version over the other. Generally it's the PS3 version that's more sought after, if I were to guess why I would assume it's because they print less copies for PS3 than 360, but there are times when the PS3 version is easy to find and the 360 version in rather rare, Assassin's Creed II CE comes to mind.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that was the reason, I think it is because the PlayStation platform is more associated with Metal Gear games, and you can transfarr with it. While I'm sure the Xbox will get a version of every future Metal Gear Game, the PlayStation platform is the only place you can play every game...

The PS3 version is in more demand since the games were original built for use with the dualshock (pressure sensitive buttons). Also, not that it matters, but the PS3 version has transfarring. The Japanese 360 version originally had avatar rewards, but they removed those for the us releases. Hence, if you own both a PS3 and 360, its a no brainer to just get the PS3 version.

I'm still waiting for my PS3 version to ship from Gamestop.com Anyone else order one from there and had it ship yet?

Just got a shipping confirmation on my MGS PS3 LE from Gamestop. Happy about that! Luckily the case on this thing appears to be pretty sturdy, so I'm not too worried about it getting dinged up.

Yeah I got a shipping notice from AZ today too, same deal looks like it won't be here for a while. Not a problem, it's not like I don't have anything to play until then between the still untouched MW3, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim coming out tomorrow.

[quote name='Gosha']Just got a shipping confirmation on my MGS PS3 LE from Gamestop. Happy about that! Luckily the case on this thing appears to be pretty sturdy, so I'm not too worried about it getting dinged up.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for mine to ship from there.

What date did you place your order (if you remember)? I placed mine on 11/8

[quote name='tankass']Sucks, I knew this was going to be rare, but I could not pull the trigger on paying 30 bucks more for the box and art book.[/QUOTE]

I was the same darn way. Trying to get either at this point.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Still waiting for mine to ship from there.

What date did you place your order (if you remember)? I placed mine on 11/8[/QUOTE]

Ordered in the after noon on 11/8.

bread's done
Back