metal gear solid hd ps3/360 $19.99 @ amazon

[quote name='Donut2922']This will make the Limited Edition version even more valuable now. I wish i never sold my copy last year. I did it after seeing the Zaavi exclusive version become available but they totally F'd up the shipping of these so i got stuck with no MGS LE :([/QUOTE]

Zavvi had these on clearance for about $55 i think. They shipped in a giant box with air pillows. Mine was near mint. No damage.

Thanks OP. Picked up a 360 version again after I had previously traded it in during a good gamestop promo. I don't think I will be opening up my LE. Added a $7 blu-ray and used that $5 off $25 promo :D

[quote name='Ryan_gf']I really want a PS3 copy, but I also really only want to pay 20 bucks. The wait continues. Thanks for sharing, OP.[/QUOTE]

This.

Thanks anyway OP.

Dam why did I have to sleep in and miss this deal >< not sure if I should go ahead and get the 360 version for less or find ps3 version elsewhere for more x_x

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn it! My copy was stolen this past summer (PS3) and I've been waiting for it to hit $20 to replace. Such a great title. If it's out of print and doesn't show up back on Amazon soon, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy it from Best Buy. Should've been a bit more proactive a few weeks back when there was the $10 Rewards Zone coupon for this.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']I really want a PS3 copy, but I also really only want to pay 20 bucks. The wait continues. Thanks for sharing, OP.[/QUOTE]

This.

+1
It'll drop again.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Vita version is $20 now too. Should I buy. Never played the series before[/QUOTE]

You'll want to play or at least read up on MGS1 before you play the games in this collection. The Vita version doesn't include the Peace Walker, which is present in the 360 & PS3 collections.

[quote name='Thrinn']You'll want to play or at least read up on MGS1 before you play the games in this collection. The Vita version doesn't include the Peace Walker, which is present in the 360 & PS3 collections.[/QUOTE]

Just read a review and they mentioned that. Got a 90 from ign. It's in my cart hmmm

Dang not sure if I should bite on Vita or PS3. Playing on a 30 minute train ride seems mighty tempting over Peace Walker.

Is the small analog sticks on a Vita crazy annoying for a game like this?

Why are people saying the game is out of print? I doubt the game is actually out of print.

If anything more copies are about to be produced or they hit the numbers that they need to make it a greatest hits.

[quote name='Kendro']Dang not sure if I should bite on Vita or PS3. Playing on a 30 minute train ride seems mighty tempting over Peace Walker.[/QUOTE]

Play them the way they were meant to be played.

Am I the only one who ordered the 360 version, thought about it some more, and canceled?

Still have a sealed PS3LE copy sitting on my shelf, totally forgot about it Lol. Probably be wiser to sell it and get this on the cheap now...

[quote name='needler420']Why are people saying the game is out of print? I doubt the game is actually out of print.

If anything more copies are about to be produced or they hit the numbers that they need to make it a greatest hits.

Play them the way they were meant to be played.[/QUOTE]

1: I don't think it sold well. The Xbox 360 isn't carried at BBY anymore.

2: Do you mean play it on the PS2?

[quote name='BJownes']Still have a sealed PS3LE copy sitting on my shelf, totally forgot about it Lol. Probably be wiser to sell it and get this on the cheap now...[/QUOTE]

Same. I bought a new copy from a member on the site for $65 shipped about three months ago.

The price was already inflated when I got it. It's probably my best modern gen. deal.

I'm not selling it though I hope to get the art book signed by Hideo Kojima one day. When I meet him then I will open my copy.

[quote name='joshnorm']1: I don't think it sold well. The Xbox 360 isn't carried at BBY anymore.

2: Do you mean play it on the PS2?[/QUOTE]

Either PS2 or PS3 would be fine. Really the games have always been good at getting ported so it comes down to preference. If you have the option of either console version I'd still go with PS3 since it's one disc and also meant to be game for Sony.

The PS3 version is the way to go. That's what the reviews say. The issue is the controller and how it is awkward to play on the Xbox 360 since it takes time to get used to. Otherwise it is the same thing.

[quote name='needler420']Why are people saying the game is out of print? I doubt the game is actually out of print.

I posted this on the 2nd page I believe. Play Asia lists the USA/NA version as out of print. Their listings are always credible/correct. Not to mention the fact Newegg has been sold out for a while and hasn't restocked. Amazon listed the PS3 version as Backordered for a little while before removing their listing altogether. Mind you this is for the PS3 version. Not sure about the 360 version....haven't checked as I don't have a 360.

Here's the Play Asia link....

http://www.play-asia.com/Metal_Gear_Solid_HD_Collection/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-49r0.html

seems like a dead deal. I'll still try my luck at target this monday morning if I got the time to find it, if I miss out, I'm sure i'll find it somewhere along the lines for a price I'd pick it up for.

[quote name='oasisboy']This will be $20 MSRP soon (my guess) so no worries for those with a backlog[/QUOTE]

Yup. That's why I let it pass by the whole times. I still kind of wish I would have pulled the trigger. Only because I had a $5 off promo code that expires on Sunday.

I have a sealed LE and still have the original PS2 versions. I'm not the type of person that like to double dip but I will with these game just so I can play them in HD and still leave my limited edition sealed.

If I have to I would settle for a greatest hits copy, if it gets greatest hits.

No PS3 versions at Konami store either. Maybe it is going GH. Dunno sounds like there is a huge market of people out there for the 19.99$ price point.

Target as far as I know has the sku for this game as discontinued on Xbox 360. Doesn't mean it's out of print but does mean at least that retailer will not be carrying it anymore. I really haven't seen many stores carrying it new anymore.

The occasional sale aside, the PS3 version has managed to do a pretty good job at hanging around the $30 to $40 price point for about a year. Clearly the collection has been pretty popular for Konami. It'd be shocking if it didn't see a reprint or go Greatest Hits right around the time Revenge hits when there's another spike of interest in the series.

Amazon is always doing this, it seems like they never have the supply on demand for what they know people will truly want.

[quote name='whtknight']it's coming up as $45 now... damn i really wanted this...[/QUOTE]

it is 30 blades at BB
get it there

[quote name='oasisboy']This will be $20 MSRP soon (my guess) so no worries for those with a backlog[/QUOTE]

idk i found it out of stock at every retail location minus best buy

[quote name='SlavetodaBOX']Amazon is always doing this, it seems like they never have the supply on demand for what they know people will truly want.[/QUOTE]

This is true with many things nowadays. It seems companies would rather have something limited vs making sales.

Like that new zelda book. Nintendo and darkhorse are both idiots. They could have made triple the amount of limited edition books they made and they would have all sold. Either Nintendo or darkhorse doesn't like making money.

They have millions of fans and they didn't think 4,000 copies would sell out.

Compared to years ago it actually makes sense nowadays to pre-order certain things as you won't get them later on at the same retail price.
Though instead we lose all the good pre-order bonus.

[quote name='needler420']This is true with many things nowadays. It seems companies would rather have something limited vs making sales.

Like that new zelda book. Nintendo and darkhorse are both idiots. They could have made triple the amount of limited edition books they made and they would have all sold. Either Nintendo or darkhorse doesn't like making money.

They have millions of fans and they didn't think 4,000 copies would sell out.

Compared to years ago it actually makes sense nowadays to pre-order certain things as you won't get them later on at the same retail price.
Though instead we lose all the good pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]

Very true, I also find Amazon Prime to be a joke. It seems Amazon has numerous built in excuses for not being able to ship the product on time, wither it's the associate selling or the weekend or holidays, very few products actually show up in two days. There online catalog of movies and TV shows to watch on amazon instant video is abysmal at best.

[quote name='SlavetodaBOX']Very true, I also find Amazon Prime to be a joke. It seems Amazon has numerous built in excuses for not being able to ship the product on time, wither it's the associate selling or the weekend or holidays, very few products actually show up in two days. There online catalog of movies and TV shows to watch on amazon instant video is abysmal at best.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious......

If not hilarious

[quote name='SlavetodaBOX']Very true, I also find Amazon Prime to be a joke. It seems Amazon has numerous built in excuses for not being able to ship the product on time, wither it's the associate selling or the weekend or holidays, very few products actually show up in two days. There online catalog of movies and TV shows to watch on amazon instant video is abysmal at best.[/QUOTE]
Holy crap, weekends and holidays?

I find it incredibly sad and hilarious at the same time that you've actually said "Screw Amazon, they wont send me my stuff on Christmas!"

[quote name='SlavetodaBOX']Amazon is always doing this, it seems like they never have the supply on demand for what they know people will truly want.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you don't understand what "clearing stock" means... it's not let's please all the people who refused to pay more for this. It means, hey get rid of all of those.

Amazon isn't trying to be generous... they're trying to sell off product that's wasting away.

[quote name='Naramie']Does this crossplay with Vita version?[/QUOTE]

Yes, "Transfarring" is what it's called. And you have to own both versions. Then you can "transfar" your game saves from one device to the other.

Its also 22.49 used at Best Buy plus 10% GCU so close to $21.xx after tax. Still not bad if u want a PS3 copy badly.

bread's done
Back