Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker CE $49.99 at Barnes & Noble

ordered 2 of em about 4 hours ago.

Already got notification they will ship today the 11th.

NICE.

both are for selling as I have 1 from my local gamestop. Too bad these dont come with the headbands.

Woo Hoo! I placed two separate orders for the LE and BBP yesterday. I received shipping confirmation and tracking # for the LE. Now I have pending charges for both orders on my credit card, so it looks like the BBP should ship too.

I didn't expect the LE and BBP to sell out so quickly and it was a last minute remorse and impulse that pushed me to order both. Had to pay retail and shipping but better than paying inflated prices later on.

It's painful to my wallet but it feels so good, so good...

Just to give everyone a heads up, check your cards again, i checked and i was double charged, got to call barnes and noble to fix this mess now.

Hey yeah I got two pending charges also when buying the BBPSP, and I got an overdraft fee from my bank. At the end they charged me once and I had to call the bank to get the overdraft fee taken out.

Just in case anyone's curious, I ordered this last night and have a "shipping soon" notice for Monday. Looks like it's still in stock.

It's great! It's like MGS Portable Ops, but they fixed all of the problems that the previous game had. The only problem is the controls are still a little off, this game needs a 2nd analog stick badly, but they did the best they could with the PSP layout.

I was double charged as well. I called their customer service and was told that they do a second pending charge when ordering from a 3rd party such as GameStop. It is suppose to go away in the next few days, but damn thats annoying since I used a debit card.

Just got my CE today. Box is crushed and the CE box is damaged. Very disappointing. Does anyone know if I can get a refund from Gamestop if damaged box is the reason for the return? Thanks

[quote name='aces888']Just got my CE today. Box is crushed and the CE box is damaged. Very disappointing. Does anyone know if I can get a refund from Gamestop if damaged box is the reason for the return? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Why not? You can return it for whatever reason you want.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Why not? You can return it for whatever reason you want.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, return it for that reason alone. You are paying a 25% premium for the CE and all of the value is derived from what separates it from the regular edition.

Mine arrived today. After the crushed box stories I was afraid mine might arrive the same, but to my surprise the outer box didn't even have a dent in it... o_O Everything was in perfect condition!

got my order today, ordered 2.
one was perfect the other looked a little squashed on the edge.

i think i'll return this and order up another.

How copies does BN have left?? You'd think every video game collector and his mother would have bought them all.... I'm going to go order 2 now... one for me, one for my mother. :D

For what it's worth, the Big Boss bundle is available via lockerz's shop. It's the same price as with Gamestop, $199.99. There does not seem to be tax for some people, at least with NYers. Also, standard shipping is free as well. The only downer seems to be the "Ships in 10 - 17 Business Days" part.

Note: For those that heard of lockerz but have not checked it out recently, the "shop" area is paid via actual money, but you can lower the price by using up accumulated ptz (points). Also, as sabanoo pointed out, there is a chance that the bundle is actually mismatched with the other solid green PSP "entertainment" pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sonicemerald']How copies does BN have left?? You'd think every video game collector and his mother would have bought them all.... I'm going to go order 2 now... one for me, one for my mother. :D[/QUOTE]

There must be a backstock somewhere, I'm guessing. And people just don't order from BN.com.

[quote name='sokari']For what it's worth, the Big Boss bundle is available via lockerz's shop. It's the same price as with Gamestop, $199.99. There does not seem to be tax for some people, at least with NYers. Also, standard shipping is free as well. The only downer seems to be the "Ships in 10 - 17 Business Days" part.

Note: For those that heard of lockerz but have not checked it out recently, the "shop" area is paid via actual money, but you can lower the price by using up accumulated ptz (points).[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure that's the Big Boss bundle. The picture is of the Big Boss bundle but both the name and description are for the normal bundle that isn't GS exclusive. It seems a few of their other video game items also have weird pictures that aren't the same versions as what you'd receive (Tekken 6 and GoW III).

If someone had ordered it and actually received a Big Boss bundle that would be pretty nice though.

[quote name='sabanoo']I'm not entirely sure that's the Big Boss bundle. The picture is of the Big Boss bundle but both the name and description are for the normal bundle that isn't GS exclusive. It seems a few of their other video game items also have weird pictures that aren't the same versions as what you'd receive (Tekken 6 and GoW III).

If someone had ordered it and actually received a Big Boss bundle that would be pretty nice though.[/QUOTE]

That's why I thought it would be strange that they'd have something that was GS exclusive. I haven't actually bought anything from them yet, since their prices are pretty horrendous unless you have a boatload of ptz of offset them. The tax/shipping-free is nice though.

edit: I just noticed that I didn't include the GS part in my original post. Thanks for bringing this up!

you can add 999 to your cart, not sure if that means anything at barnes and noble.

the question is-- why take the game down from gamestop and cancel it in the system when there are clearly a crapload more of these for sale?

[quote name='sokari']That's why I thought it would be strange that they'd have something that was GS exclusive. I haven't actually bought anything from them yet, since their prices are pretty horrendous unless you have a boatload of ptz of offset them. The tax/shipping-free is nice though.

edit: I just noticed that I didn't include the GS part in my original post. Thanks for bringing this up![/QUOTE]

Yeah their prices are pretty meh for the most part and using ptz really didn't get me much of a discount. :cry:

[quote name='ninja dog']you can add 999 to your cart, not sure if that means anything at barnes and noble.

the question is-- why take the game down from gamestop and cancel it in the system when there are clearly a crapload more of these for sale?[/QUOTE]

Someone else mentioned (either in this thread or the Gamestop one) that it might be so we can't use coupons on them. That's the only reason I could think of.

[quote name='ninja dog']you can add 999 to your cart, not sure if that means anything at barnes and noble.

the question is-- why take the game down from gamestop and cancel it in the system when there are clearly a crapload more of these for sale?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered from BN once when it said something was in stock at gamestop, but they e-mailed me saying it wasn't and canceled the order, so it's tough to tell how many are left.

bread's done
Back