Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops: Infinite War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Queen Serenity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Anyone know what Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops: Infinite War is? Is it the North American title for PO+ or a new game? I got an email from Sony about the PSP and some T-Mobile hotspots and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops: Infinite War was listed as one of the coming soon titles.

images_10.gif

That's a safe bet. MPO "Plus" is a very Japanese title, so it's not surprising they'd change it for a US release, sort of like how SSBB is something like Super Smash Brothers X in Japan.

Also, isn't "Infinite War" the new game mode in MPO+? Makes sense that they'd rename it to advertise the main new feature, instead of using the ambiguous Plus.

I wouldn't be surprised if Konami bundled them together or even put it on the same UMD/case as a "Greatest Hits update" version for the US release. The original seems to be getting tougher to find now, and I would imagine that many people would want to play that either before or with the Plus content.

Infinite War would make sense for a US title, since, as metaly said, Infinity Mission is the new single-player mode in Plus.

i believe infinite war is an online thing for the mgs po+ where you battle each other online. the longer you survive the better the items and recruits you get are, but when you die, you lose everything.

watch that video they have for the mgs po+ trailer and it will explain everything.

Got a PR today about Plus and that's still the name of the game.

[quote name='metaly']Also, isn't "Infinite War" the new game mode in MPO+? Makes sense that they'd rename it to advertise the main new feature, instead of using the ambiguous Plus.[/quote]
It's Infinity Mission, not Infinite War. All it really is is the VR Missions with the MPO graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back