Metal Gear Solid: Rising - Official Thread

zewone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
155 (99%)
Well, I'd be honored to make the official thread for this game's discussion. Finally, Metal Gear on the Xbox.

154.png

KONAMI ANNOUNCES THE FIRST METAL GEAR SOLID® TITLE FOR THE XBOX 360® METAL GEAR SOLID®: RISING

Raiden Stars in the First Metal Gear Solid Game to Hit the Xbox 360®

El Segundo, Calif. - June 1, 2009 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today that Metal Gear Solid: Rising is currently in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft - the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the Xbox 360®. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, will star in the all-new title from Hideo Kojima. Raiden first debuted in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system as a playable character and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is scheduled to be released on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. For more information on Konami, please visit: http://www.konami.com.

Still haven't played an MGS game more than 5min but being that it will be on the X360 this may be the first I play, possibly all the way through.

Woot, i've been hoping it'd be a Raiden game. I'm guessing it will be based on the events between 2 & 4, but hey, anything Raiden is worth playing. Maybe we'll be seeing this in the next Smash Bros Game:

raiden.jpg

They said they are bringing the MGS franchise to the 360, starting with this new one. Does that mean ports are on the way of the old ones?

I hope so. :p

Oh man, this is sweet and, along side ODST, the big news out of E3 this year for me. Even though I'm getting a PS3 later this year, I'm glad this series is coming to the 360.

Balls. Playing through MGS4 made me want to play as Raiden, and now my wishes will come true.

Thanks for the news OP

I'd bet this takes place AFTER MGS4, actually. The eye patch and steel jaw could be the results of injuries he sustains in MGS4. Definitely looking forward to finding out more...namely, is this coming to PS3? Not that I care, but reports have been conflicting thus far.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Still haven't played an MGS game more than 5min but being that it will be on the X360 this may be the first I play, possibly all the way through.[/QUOTE]

lol.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Still haven't played an MGS game more than 5min but being that it will be on the X360 this may be the first I play, possibly all the way through.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't just scream fanboy... No not at all. I never cared for MGS. I can't say I'm glad it is on 360,but at least you guys will play it now, and enjoy it.

:lol:

It's the damn PS controllers...I can't stand them. I hate the fact that it's been 3 generations and they haven't fucking evolved yet!

[quote name='alongx']I'd bet this takes place AFTER MGS4, actually. The eye patch and steel jaw could be the results of injuries he sustains in MGS4. Definitely looking forward to finding out more...namely, is this coming to PS3? Not that I care, but reports have been conflicting thus far.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it: http://psp.ign.com/articles/989/989088p1.html

If it somehow is though, I'll probably have to get another 360 so I can play it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:lol:

It's the damn PS controllers...I can't stand them. I hate the fact that it's been 3 generations and they haven't fucking evolved yet![/QUOTE]

MGS2 was on the Xbox.

It does seem cool, but I hope it just isn't "Kojima does God of War"
And now I guess it's pretty obvious Portable Ops 2 is coming out.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Watch it be a card battler.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
with RTS elements and the main focus being an animated non-canon comic.

I am excited; I have played Solid's 1-3, but not 4 since I haven't gotten a PS3 yet. I will eventually (probably around God of War 3).

Multi-platform or not, this is good news.

As a few others have stated I haven't really gotten into the previous Metal Gear Solids so hopefully this one will grab my interest because I really wanna experience this franchise.

Sorry just saw this.

:rofl:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:lol:

It's the damn PS controllers...I can't stand them. I hate the fact that it's been 3 generations and they haven't fucking evolved yet![/QUOTE]

Only thing I don't like them for is FPS games. Everything else is great. Far as the 360 controller goes I hate it for fighters. Everything else is fine.

MSG 4 is pretty much the best game so far this gen.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']With how much the emphasized the slicing, I really thought it would support Kinect and show off it's precision.[/QUOTE]

how would that even work? you would have to take your hands on the controller and slash through the air with your arm? That might not be so bad, but it's bizarre.

[quote name='atomsk']how would that even work? you would have to take your hands on the controller and slash through the air with your arm? That might not be so bad, but it's bizarre.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking.
You'd have to have a controller for moving and doing all that stealth ninja needs to do in an action game other than slicing.

bread's done
Back