Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection - US Version - Play-Asia

Man I hope that is real. I don't remember reading that the collection was getting a US release, and no other site has it listed but play-asia.

Too bad we can't get something like this:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-49-en-70-21vx.html

As long as it includes the Substance and Subsistence versions, I'll be pretty happy since I still have to hunt down copies of both games (including the PS1 original). Getting all 3 in one shot would nice (and cheap).

Edit - Nice! The description states it includes the Substance and Subsistence versions.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Man I hope that is real. I don't remember reading that the collection was getting a US release, and no other site has it listed but play-asia.[/QUOTE]

It says NTSC on PA's site, so who knows. I hadn't heard of this before right now.

oh man, I'm definite buying this. Sold my MGS collection for some money back than , kinda regret it too but this will make up for it. Any idea if it'll be the same price at other stores (like bestbuy or gamestop)?

[quote name='Kendro']Too bad we can't get something like this:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-49-en-70-21vx.html

As long as it includes the Substance and Subsistence versions, I'll be pretty happy since I still have to hunt down copies of both games (including the PS1 original). Getting all 3 in one shot would nice (and cheap).

Edit - Nice! The description states it includes the Substance and Subsistence versions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember Konami saying they were working on something like that for us. But it wont be "exactly the same".

If this is what we get.... I wouldn't even consider it the same product at all. Too bad.

However, including Substance is very nice.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']oh man, I'm definite buying this. Sold my MGS collection for some money back than , kinda regret it too but this will make up for it. Any idea if it'll be the same price at other stores (like bestbuy or gamestop)?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone can say for sure now. I am looking to see if anywhere else has it listed, but no luck so far.

I think $30 was the MSRP price point for these type of sets from Capcom, so $35 is still believable.

It's quite possible these get a pretty limited run. It seems doubtful they will last all the way up to the release of MGS4, unless, Konami is really intent on keep the print run high.

I'm guessing this'll be coming out in the US then seeing as how they have an NSTC NA version.

Is the retail on this $30? That seems to be a popular price point for all these triple packs but this version includes a port of MGS1 so that might have made things a bit more expensive.

Very Nice Deal. I also picked up one. I have all three but not Substance and Subsistence.

Definitely worth picking up for those behind in the series or haven't played the series at all.

Thanks OP.

Is MGS just going to be a port to the PS2? Weird, but neat. I might buy this even though I have Twin Snakes/Substance/Subsistence.

I don't know why this is exclusive to play-asia. But I placed my order anyway. Can always cancel it later before they ship.

[quote name='Methadon']Hmm, I've got MGS, MGS2, MGS2:S, and MGS3.... I'll prolly still buy it, and keep it as a collectable. $35 is a great price.[/QUOTE]
What about Subsistence with Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 and the Theater Disc, the Document of MGS2, and VR Missions/Integral?

[quote name='bobthecat23']hey do they charge u when it ships?[/QUOTE]

If you pay with credit card, I think they charge you when it's ready to ship.

If you pay PayPal, they charge you instantly.

I paid with PayPal and after in the email, they said I have been charge instantly. Geez...tell me earlier -_-;

Hmmm, doesn't look as nice as the JP 20th Anniversary collection.

mgsa.jpg

[quote name='BIG5']What about Subsistence with Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 and the Theater Disc, the Document of MGS2, and VR Missions/Integral?[/QUOTE]

This is the stuff I was interested in as well. I only have the basic versions of 2 and 3.

Looks like MGS1 is the PSX version. The box for it in the product image doesn't say "PlayStation 2" like the other two, only "PlayStation."

They must be intending for people to use this on their PS2s, because a ton of the PS3s don't have the full BC now.

[quote name='forumreader']
They must be intending for people to use this on their PS2s, because a ton of the PS3s don't have the full BC now.[/quote]

All PS3's still have full BC for PS1 though, it's the PS2 BC that is limited.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']All PS3's still have full BC for PS1 though, it's the PS2 BC that is limited.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately for those people only a third of this collection will be compatible (unless Sony has a trick up their sleeve). I'm glad I have my 60 GB PS3...

A couple tidbits of observation/information: This has not been confirmed by Kojima Productions, however, they had recently mentioned that they would soon be announcing 3 new products for this year. So this is likely one of those three products.

As far as content goes, the only difference between this and the Japan edition are Portable Ops (which you can still easily pick up at the store), The Document of MGS2, and the Metal Gear Saga DVD. Unfortunately, the two latter items are what the majority of people would be most interested as those were limited items when they were first released.

This will almost definitely be a limited package and as such is not likely to be at any places besides video game-specific stores like Gamestop, Play-Asia...Best Buy is a big maybe in my opinion.

[quote name='DongHungLong']Sucks that Metal Gear Solid is PS1 tho :(.[/quote]

what difference would it make? ps2s can play ps1 games.
and cant ps3's play ps1 games?

well if this hits states im definitely going to get it.
even though i have #3 and #2 already

[quote name='forumreader']Yeah, unfortunately for those people only a third of this collection will be compatible (unless Sony has a trick up their sleeve). I'm glad I have my 60 GB PS3...[/quote]

Yeah but the guy was just referring to MGS1.

I hope they come out with this soon for $30 because I haven't had MGS1 in years and I don't want to spend $25-$30 for a used GH copy. I wish that JP Collector's version would come out here.

[quote name='DongHungLong']Sucks that Metal Gear Solid is PS1 tho :(.[/quote]Oh noes! Better go back in time and upgrade it to the PS2.

Sucks that Super Mario Bros. was NES tho :(

This is very tempting. I already have MGS2, MGS3, and Documents of Metal Gear Solid, but I don't have Substance and Subsistence. Does this come with the VR Missions? If so, I'll probably order it.

hmmm
i just recently sold off my MGS collection for a bunch,
and have sorta regretted it
i'll hop on this asap when they confirm it's real lol

God I hope this is real, my MGS 1 disc is in really bad shape, and this will pretty much help me with the MGS4 launch. Im planning to play the whole series on the weekend when MGS4 hits stores.

I just sold my Subsistence LE and was looking to replace it with the normal version - this would be a very nice alternative. If true, I'll have to ditch my Substance as well. I already have the Document & Saga disks, so I'd be all set with this collection. :)

Hmm, I just bought Subsistence last weekend... I'll still buy this for Substance and MGS 1 if it's $35. I guess I'll just have 3 versions of MGS 3. :p

[COUPON CODES]

Both expire 1/31.

RE-TAI-LAA $5 off $50 multi
RE-TAI-LAB $10 off $100 multi

Also, in for 3. Thanks OP!

This will be awesome, I haven't played either PS2 game yet, so if this is under $40 with substance and subsistence I will be extra happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back