Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection?

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
I've been trying to pick this up for forever, but I haven't seen any sales at all. Amazon had it for $15 near Christmas, but I didn't make it before sale was over.

I know, I know: it's already a great deal at retail, but you know, this is CAG. Plus, I already have a copy of MGS 3 that I want to keep, so I'm really getting it for the other two games.

I would purchase the Twin Snakes and a used copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance instead of this since you already have MGS3. The Twin Snakes looks worlds better than the original.

[quote name='Trakan']Amazon has it for $27.99. No tax and free shipping.

That's a pretty good fuckin' deal.[/quote]

That is really one 2 dollars off retail price (it retails for 29.99). But the no Tax and free shipping does help out.

[quote name='Rozz']I would purchase the Twin Snakes and a used copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance instead of this since you already have MGS3. The Twin Snakes looks worlds better than the original.[/quote]

I agree, although I prefer the original cut scenes, the graphical upgrade and tightened controls really elevate Twin Snakes above the original for me.

I second looking for it at CC. I saw it there when they first started their close-out, but didn't want to bite for only 10% off.

This thread has reminded me that I still need to pick that up.

As for buying Twin Snakes and Substance separately, seemingly that would be much more expensive than buying the Collection, and Twin Snakes is a Gamecube game. Last I heard, it was fetching a decent price on eBay.

Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking, but the voice acting in the original was much much better than Twin Snakes. I don't know why this is, but it just is. Several Voice Actors sound lifeless in Twin Snakes, even though they're voiced by the same person (*ahem*Naomi*ahem*). I've played them both recently.

That and I can't stand the cutscenes in Twin Snakes.

If you don't mind PSOne graphics, then I'd really recommend sticking with the original.

bread's done
Back