Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Smokeytb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm a big Metal Gear Solid fan, and finally got a chance to pick up twin snakes.

My first impressions of it, was that silicon knights did a pretty good job, until I heard Mei Ling's voice. What the HELL HAPPENED TO HER ACCENT!?!?, I remember her having a slight Asian accent.

At first I wasn't sure maybe it was just me, so I popped in the PSX version and I was really confused. I mean why would they do this!?!?

The dialog is exactly the same, they could have just taken the voices from the original game, but no, now she sounds like some dumb blonde from California (no offense to any blondes in California.)

Well, it wasn't such a big of a deal since the rest of the enhancements made up for it. Until I heard Nastasha?s voice. What The HELL HAPPENED to her accent???, I remember her having a heavy Russian accent.

Metal Gear Solid just doesn't feel the same.

I should write a letter to Silicon Knights/ Konami, I might get some free stuff.
:D

Do you think this game is worth me picking up for $9.99 used? I don't think I've ever really played any MGS games except at a friends house for a little bit.

I like 2 a lot better, but the first is worth picking up. I paid 40 for it the first day and beat it twice in two days. I have been meaning to play it again, but hate the beginning of the game, after that the game gets really good.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I like 2 a lot better, but the first is worth picking up. I paid 40 for it the first day and beat it twice in two days. I have been meaning to play it again, but hate the beginning of the game, after that the game gets really good.[/quote]
Really? I like 1 a lot more. I beat the first one 3 times (to get camo, to get ribbon, beat with both). Actually 4 times, since I beat the remake once. I only beat 2 once. IMO, the story of the first was much better.

I never noticed the change in Mei Ling's voice. The thing that bothered me is that the bosses seemed much easier.

I know that, it just sounds a whole lot better with the accent.
It gives the game a more unique tone.

Much better than the standard crappy English voice acting. (I.E. Shenmue)

You mean you're gonna piss your pants about an effing accent? Sheesh. Remember when Video Games were about gameplay?

And yes, MGS: TTS is one heluva good game. For $10 used, you can't go wrong.

Hahaha, Shenmue voice acting was funny. But yeah, I just didn't like the controls for The GC version, it's harder to use than the PSX. Now I'm thinking of selling Twin Snakes......

MGS should have been left alone on the PSX. It was perfect and didn't need any enhancements or a port a decade late.

As for MG2, they can make a million "substances" and never work out all the crap that made me wanna set fire to my copy.

[quote name='Smokeytb']I'm a big Metal Gear Solid fan, and finally got a chance to pick up twin snakes.

My first impressions of it, was that silicon knights did a pretty good job, until I heard Mei Ling's voice. What the HELL HAPPENED TO HER ACCENT!?!?, I remember her having a slight Asian accent.

At first I wasn't sure maybe it was just me, so I popped in the PSX version and I was really confused. I mean why would they do this!?!?

The dialog is exactly the same, they could have just taken the voices from the original game, but no, now she sounds like some dumb blonde from California (no offense to any blondes in California.)

Well, it wasn't such a big of a deal since the rest of the enhancements made up for it. Until I heard Nastasha?s voice. What The HELL HAPPENED to her accent???, I remember her having a heavy Russian accent.

Metal Gear Solid just doesn't feel the same.

I should write a letter to Silicon Knights/ Konami, I might get some free stuff.
:D[/quote]

Naomi's voice was butchered too. She sounds like a damn robot in The Twin Snakes.

I couldn't stand MGS2, However I loved MGS1. I however wouldn't pay more than $30 new for it so until then I'll have to wait

My friend was mad about Mei Lings accent too. A couple weeks before MGS:TTS came out he was playing European extreme mode so he was really into the MGS series. As for Naomis accent I didnt really notice any difference with her voice acting.

bread's done
Back