Metal gear survive $15.76(PS4) on amazon(deal dead)

Soon you'll be out of games to play because all modern game business practices are shady. $60 a game (full game) started over a decade ago. Today, all games are really $90+ hiding under all the shady practices.
I disagree. Some companies are absolutely shady, but video games generally cost a lot more to make today than they did 10-15 years ago. A lot of us remember paying more than $60 on a regular basis for cartridge games back in the day. The fact that video game prices have remained $50-$60 for as long as they have is surprising honestly.

At the end of the day, these companies need to make money. I personally would rather pay $60 for a new release and get the DLC later if I want to. A lot of the time I am not interested in a games DLC anyway.

I like companies doing standard and gold editions of games nowadays for this very reason. Far Cry 5 is a great example, I paid $80 after the Prime discount and now I have all the DLC because I wanted it, but I had the option to buy the game without the DLC if I wanted to.

I disagree. Some companies are absolutely shady, but video games generally cost a lot more to make today than they did 10-15 years ago. A lot of us remember paying more than $60 on a regular basis for cartridge games back in the day. The fact that video game prices have remained $50-$60 for as long as they have is surprising honestly.

At the end of the day, these companies need to make money. I personally would rather pay $60 for a new release and get the DLC later if I want to. A lot of the time I am not interested in a games DLC anyway.

I like companies doing standard and gold editions of games nowadays for this very reason. Far Cry 5 is a great example, I paid $80 after the Prime discount and now I have all the DLC because I wanted it, but I had the option to buy the game without the DLC if I wanted to.
I see it a bit differently. Nowadays, companies pump games out like there's no tomorrow, forcing developers to meet deadlines and what not. Lots of major titles come with major bugs from the start. For $60, you get an incomplete and buggy game. The DLCs model (the normal ones, not the shady ones) really just buys the developers more time to make the games complete, which would have been included in the first place if they are given time for the development. 15 years ago, there were far fewer games but they came complete with minimal fuss. You mentioned cartridge days, yes some titles were over $60 but they were also full working complete games from the start. You can't patch them back in the days, so they had to spend the time to make sure they work before release. I understand it costs more to make games now than before, but I rather they make quality complete games and straight up charge $100 a piece. Quality over quantity. This is of course just my view, a long time gamer. For the companies, it probably means nothing because asking people to pay $100 up front for a complete game isn't gonna go well for the majority. People rather pay $60 first then "finance" the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
“DLC” and day 1 patches are now “acceptable” by the masses, along with $60+ prices.

$60 for games with 5-10 hours of gameplay and no multiplayer.... and “deluxe” versions with skins/clothes in game for an extra $5-20.

Since I’ve never played a MG game before.. I’m getting a kick out of all this hate towards a game that with any other name, would be doing fine.

And this isnt the first game to drop 50%+ off in the first month.

Well, we are now down to 15 dollars even, folks. Whoever said they were gonna snag it at sub-15 you better be ready to go. 

I see it a bit differently. Nowadays, companies pump games out like there's no tomorrow, forcing developers to meet deadlines and what not. Lots of major titles come with major bugs from the start. For $60, you get an incomplete and buggy game. The DLCs model (the normal ones, not the shady ones) really just buys the developers more time to make the games complete, which would have been included in the first place if they are given time for the development. 15 years ago, there were far fewer games but they came complete with minimal fuss. You mentioned cartridge days, yes some titles were over $60 but they were also full working complete games from the start. You can't patch them back in the days, so they had to spend the time to make sure they work before release. I understand it costs more to make games now than before, but I rather they make quality complete games and straight up charge $100 a piece. Quality over quantity. This is of course just my view, a long time gamer. For the companies, it probably means nothing because asking people to pay $100 up front for a complete game isn't gonna go well for the majority. People rather pay $60 first then "finance" the rest.
Plenty of cartridge-based games came out very poorly and were retailing for $70. No one ever thought a game like Bubsy or a game that is so bad I can't even give it away, Heavy Nova on the Genesis are games that came out as full-priced retail releases and both were bad games. I get games have bugs these days, but I rarely see games come out with bugs that break the game. There certainly are games that do come out like this and it's unfortunate.

I also don't think that many people buy the DLC compared to the base game in most cases. I buy a lot of games and I don't buy a ton of DLC, it's rare that I even do buy DLC for games as I typically wait for a re-release with the DLC included and then a sale so I can grab the re-release for cheap and replace my standard copy in my collection.

Well, we are now down to 15 dollars even, folks. Whoever said they were gonna snag it at sub-15 you better be ready to go.
I missed the drop and now it's back up to $15.40 and I have now lost interest in buying this at all right now. If I see it for sub $15 again though I'll get it, but I honestly probably will never play it anyway and it will be another game lingering in the ol' backlog.

LOL @ the insinuation that this game was poorly received because of the drama.

I can't speak for the others, but my disgust came after watching a total of 30 min worth of clips of the main character poking things with a stick. I'm guessing the game was poorly received because it's as boring to play as it is to watch. 

And yeah I'll admit it - it certainly doesn't help the fact that this trash came out on the back of the controversy wherein MGS was gutted for greed. Konami clearly has no respect for their IP. It's like being the parents of baby Jesus and locking him in a dark quiet room for most of his life. If you love him let him go and flourish. But they hate baby J - err I mean MGS - and would rather see it suffocate slowly right in front of Kojima.

k im done

LOL @ the insinuation that this game was poorly received because of the drama.

I can't speak for the others, but my disgust came after watching a total of 30 min worth of clips of the main character poking things with a stick. I'm guessing the game was poorly received because it's as boring to play as it is to watch.

And yeah I'll admit it - it certainly doesn't help the fact that this trash came out on the back of the controversy wherein MGS was gutted for greed. Konami clearly has no respect for their IP. It's like being the parents of baby Jesus and locking him in a dark quiet room for most of his life. If you love him let him go and flourish. But they hate baby J - err I mean MGS - and would rather see it suffocate slowly right in front of Kojima.

k im done
This is a pretty good example of one of the biggest issues surrounding the reception of this game. People (predominantly YouTubers) creating videos that present a disingenuous view of the game, from which those who haven't played it form an opinion, and then proceed to spread that opinion. Not only is the whole "poke things with a spear" thing one of a large variety of options available to you in the game, it is one of the most boring and is quickly rendered inefficient by skill/gear upgrades.

Honestly, Metal Gear Survive is not a game for everyone, hell, not even for most, but the idea that it was received fairly and judged on it's own merits is just fucking silly. With the right agenda and 30 minutes of footage, you can make any game look as good or as bad as you want.

^ this is why 99% of YouTube reviews I do not watch.
ACG is about the only guy I listen to on any game, I don’t always agree with his video review but I do respect him. Even if he loves the game, he will point out the flaws. And it goes both ways, hates the game he will praise the good parts.

This is a pretty good example of one of the biggest issues surrounding the reception of this game. People (predominantly YouTubers) creating videos that present a disingenuous view of the game, from which those who haven't played it form an opinion, and then proceed to spread that opinion. Not only is the whole "poke things with a spear" thing one of a large variety of options available to you in the game, it is one of the most boring and is quickly rendered inefficient by skill/gear upgrades.

Honestly, Metal Gear Survive is not a game for everyone, hell, not even for most, but the idea that it was received fairly and judged on it's own merits is just fucking silly. With the right agenda and 30 minutes of footage, you can make any game look as good or as bad as you want.
yea idk man $10 for a save file? F****** this game.

yea idk man $10 for a save file? F****** this game.
Hey, I'll give the people credit, it was some Grade A clickbait phrasing to make a second character/base camp sound like they were charging you for the ability to save your game. It's especially absurd when you consider that the option can be seen as a more expansive version of the additional FOB purchases from MGSV. Honestly, you could make a better case against it by comparing it to additional Destiny characters of the same class, which gave you two for free. You wouldn't even need the shady wording to do so.

That's not to say it isn't all bullshit, like the vast majority of microtransactions in gaming, but that's just the unfortunate state of things these days. Just easier to ignore than people make it sound.

1 hours in 
DBNNE07S56HR0031NOS.gif

200 hours later 
DBNNE07S56HR0031NOS.gif

I will not get into my own personal opinions here but from what I’ve noticed there seems to be a negative correlation based on your love for survive or phantom pain. It’s pretty interesting really. But that is also just looking at an incredibly small and vocal sample.

1 hours in
DBNNE07S56HR0031NOS.gif

200 hours later
DBNNE07S56HR0031NOS.gif
Isn't that essential an argument against ALL video games? You just look slightly cooler and do slightly different things but its essential pressing the same buttons a million times. If you enjoy the experience then great. If not then maybe that's not for you.

I don’t understand, what is $10 for a save file? Never heard of that before.
If you only own one copy of the game, you need to pay $10 to make a second character on the same harddrive. Of course you haven't heard of that before. No other company had the balls to implement such an anti-consumer policy before. KONAMI is going to fucking burn for this shit.

Bit at $14.65. Why not, its less than it will be at $20 with GCU whenever that happens. I did the delayed shipping to get a $5 book coupon so I can always cancel/reorder if it goes much lower.

Amazon Prime? I thought Amazon did away with 20% off if you pre-order?

I have no idea but no need to worry bout that if your a gamers unlocked member at bestbuy you get 20% off every day on any new game you want no matter when you buy them...

I think they just did away with it for Collector's Editions. I don't pre-order games from Amazon very often and only got Far Cry 5 Gold because I couldn't order it from Best Buy for release day shipping or store pick up.

I am also very tempted to order this now that it is under $15, but dammit I know I won't ever play it!

I have it sitting in my cart and I am really tempted. If I hadn't already picked up several games this week I would have ordered it already, but I am trying to convince myself that I don't need it and won't play it.
I collect everything to do with Metal Gear. Only games I am missing is a complete Snakes Revenge and Survive, because both were not Kojima. I'm watching bad reviews of the game to help me remove it and tell myself that this is not part of the series lol

I collect everything to do with Metal Gear. Only games I am missing is a complete Snakes Revenge and Survive, because both were not Kojima. I'm watching bad reviews of the game to help me remove it and tell myself that this is not part of the series lol
If you're just gonna collect it, then get it in a year or two when you can get it for $2 at Gamestop

It's not just $10 for a character slot. You get a second base for double the automated resource gain and keep almost everything from your first character. Some premium unlocks are also shared account wide. There's a reason why it's not free and you can always delete your first character or use another account on your system.

You also get free premium currency every weekend and with the events. It'll take a while but you can get all those extras for free.

There's plenty of flaws but that one's not as bad.

Deal is dead af
Yup. Price had dropped down to $13.96. Shortly after it started climbing back in price in the low $14 range, then quickly sold out. I locked an order in at $13.98. At less than $15 after tax, it has to at least be worth trying out for a bit. If I do not like it, off to Gamestop it goes for about what I paid for it.

bread's done
Back