METAL GEAR SURVIVE PS4 $10 E-Gift card with purchase @bestbuy

Hey, buddy, bit of advice. If you're going to shill for Konami, don't make it so transparent, you fucking bastard. The posts in bold are some of the biggest piles of dooky I've ever seen. If you keep this up, Konami will dock your pay!
Yeah man, not like I’ve been on this site for years and might actually have an opinion that isn’t based on hype for a series and creator that went off the rails in the last game 🙄.

Shame Kojima spent his final budget and time with Konami on a ‘side story’ ... V is 5 so I’m not sure I buy the whole argument. Regardless, they could have focused on a modern, direct prequel to MGS that would have been far more interesting.
Peace Walker was originally 5, they changed the title because Konami didn't want a PSP-only game to be a full sequel. It's much more relevant to the plot overall than V is.

V was meant to be a test run for the Fox engine and afterward Kojima would continue with the next actual Metal Gear game, but now that will never happen, so whatever.

So you can change character classes and everything and everything is accessed without loot boxes and nonsense but you're going to complain about a paid feature nobody would have given a shit about if it weren't offered in the first place.

this game is going to be $10 in two months. And considering the amout of effort that went into it (this is the biggest case of asset flipping even in comparison to Steam Greenlight lol), at $10 they will still make good profit margins.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I’m seeing here, a bunch of complaints about extra characters, and Konami/Kojima.

No bashing of the gameplay itself. Speaks volumes.

this game is going to be $10 in two months. And considering the amout of effort that went into it (this is the biggest case of asset flipping even in comparison to Steam Greenlight lol), at $10 they will still make good profit margins.
The best example of that is how the chunks Mother Base have a Diamond Dogs logo instead of MSF, because they're literally just reusing the model from MGSV. I saw that in the beta and had a good laff.

What I’m seeing here, a bunch of complaints about extra characters, and Konami/Kojima.

No bashing of the gameplay itself. Speaks volumes.
Okay: The gameplay sucks shit too. Hunger and thirst decay bewilderingly quickly, melee combat is awful and you're stuck with that for a very long time, the map system is a mess, etc. Better?

The best example of that is how the chunks Mother Base have a Diamond Dogs logo instead of MSF, because they're literally just reusing the model from MGSV. I saw that in the beta and had a good laff.

Okay: The gameplay sucks shit too. Hunger and thirst decay bewilderingly quickly, melee combat is awful and you're stuck with that for a very long time, the map system is a mess, etc. Better?
The gameplay is great. You need to "prep" your attacks and know how each weapon handles a la Monster Hunter. Just like in MH, it's easier to think of each weapon as a character class instead of just a weapon. You need to unlock skills to handle crowds.

The map system is the same as Phantom Pain except with the stark exception of being completely unusable in the Dust. Well, that and you have to manually mark the map to remember what resources are where. You're right about thirst and hunger depleting too quickly, though. I laughed out loud when I saw an empty bottle as a login reward. There's plenty of dirty water to drink, but even a little bit more clean water would help immensely.

Yeah man, not like I’ve been on this site for years and might actually have an opinion that isn’t based on hype for a series and creator that went off the rails in the last game .
You've been on this site for years? Well that changes everything! NOT! You could be CheapyD and you still might be a shill. Anyone can be bought, especially for something as innocuous as shilling. Defending this heinous practice and calling out those that condemn it is the mark of a shill. Nobody can side with Konami for this. Nobody.

I'm not buying the game because I didn't like the beta. Couldn't Konami just charge $60 for the game and give a second save slot?

So before GCU, its $40 instead of $60 and $10 gc?

What am I missing?

You've been on this site for years? Well that changes everything! NOT! You could be CheapyD and you still might be a shill. Anyone can be bought, especially for something as innocuous as shilling. Defending this heinous practice and calling out those that condemn it is the mark of a shill. Nobody can side with Konami for this. Nobody.
Hideo, is that you?

The thread comments are more fun than the game itself.    

This game requires internet connectivity even to play single player... once the servers go down (forever) will you be able to play this game.  (Will a patch be issued allowing the game to run without internet?)  

bread's done
Back