Metal Gear The Legacy Collection pre order, $42.99 at Newegg

If you've never played MGS this is best purchase you will ever make.
Agree'd. But only if you like Story focused and cinematic games.

There isn't a single bad game among this collection. They are all great. Except for the fact the PS1 games are a crappy ass download voucher and the HD Ports were a big missed opportunity that are a mixed bag and Portable Ops is missing simply because Kojima didn't direct it and he has a huge ass ego. (even though it's canon and he himself stressed that as much before MGS4 came out.)

Look at Zone of The Enders, it got an HD collection,(Although worse) and he wasn't the director OR the writer for EITHER of those games. He was only the creator of the original concept and the producer(Much like Rising and Portable Ops)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_of_the_Enders_%28video_game%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_of_the_Enders:_The_2nd_Runner

But I digress, this is an excellent collection for a first time player if you like story focused games.

Twin Snakes is nothing compared to MGS1. I feel bad for newcomers when people recommend Twin Snakes. MGS1 holds up completely.
totally agree
Totally disagree, The things that were changed and made "Unrealistic" in The Twin Snakes are the fault of Kojima himself, he told the new cinematic director to change them after he originally made them 1:1 with the original

Twin snakes is a FANTASTIC game that is still worth ANY Metal Gear fan's time.

Twin Snakes is nothing compared to MGS1. I feel bad for newcomers when people recommend Twin Snakes. MGS1 holds up completely.
totally agree
Totally disagree, The things that were changed and made "Unrealistic" in The Twin Snakes are the fault of Kojima himself, he told the new cinematic director to change them after he originally made them 1:1 with the original

Twin snakes is a FANTASTIC game that is still worth ANY Metal Gear fan's time.
How does Kojima authorizing it make it a better in any way? Twin Snakes isn't a bad game. MGS1 is just so much better.

Also ZOE performance patch in July. :whee: My waiting has not been in vain!

How does Kojima authorizing it make it a better in any way? Twin Snakes isn't a bad game. MGS1 is just so much better.

Also ZOE performance patch in July. :whee: My waiting has not been in vain!
Not to derail the thread but WTF is Zone of the Enders?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that didn't help at all. I take it it's about giant robot mechs. Sounds like standard fare anime.

So it's a giant robot fighting game/beat em up? Video game of rock em sock em robots so to speak. I suppose that's why I haven't heard of it - never been into fighting games.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gameinformer.com%2Fgames%2Fzone_of_the_enders_hd_collection%2Fb%2Fps3%2Fdefault.aspx&h=0&w=0&sz=1&tbnid=nHcpgR835HlPuM&tbnh=168&tbnw=300&zoom=1&docid=ETNFKjSgbzYOjM&ei=0i_HUffGGKby0wGVv4H4Ag&ved=0CAIQsCU#imgdii=nHcpgR835HlPuM%3A%3Bpc2NYdUaF6jrHM%3BnHcpgR835HlPuM%3A

Oh and plus I didn't own a PS2 for very long. I think I bought it in 2006 and sold it in 2007 and got a 360. I didn't like the way it looked on my HDTV. I didn't play most of the better PS2 games (or PS1 for that matter) so these HD collections are good. So far I have the Tomb Raider and Jak and Daxter collections. I've got this Metal Gear one pre-ordered also. I haven't played any of the games from any of those series before. In fact I haven't played any games from any of the HD collections that have come out yet though I've played games in the PS3 collections like Uncharted collection since I've had a PS3 for a long time. I'm not so into fighters or beat em ups though so I'll have to skip this one.

Its also about a boy who is madly in love with an AI named ADA to the point of it being weird who must protect his world great game.

Its also about a boy who is madly in love with an AI named EVA to the point of it being weird who must protect his world great game.
I'm sure the story is good, I'm just not into fighters. That's one of the few genre I don't play any games in. Thanks for the info. I'm excited about this metal gear collection since I haven't played any of the games from it. I'm sure it will sit on my shelf for a year before I get to it though. :/

Well that didn't help at all. I take it it's about giant robot mechs. Sounds like standard fare anime.

So it's a giant robot fighting game/beat em up? Video game of rock em sock em robots so to speak. I suppose that's why I haven't heard of it - never been into fighting games.

No, its an action game, its not like Street Fighter, or Tekken with flying robots. Not at all. The first game is sorta weak, but the second game is AWESOMESAUCE! Watch videos of ZoE 2, you'll get a better idea of its awesomeness.

Thanks OP in for 1

I've beaten 1,2,3,4 and Twin Snakes. But this will be cool to play the original Metal Gear 1 & 2. Also the artbook. 

I'm actually going to keep it wrapped for a while and see how limited it is. Maybe I'll resell it if they eventually release MG1&2 digitally or something.

Thanks OP, was going to get this from Amazon but I'll save the $6 and get it from Newegg. Too bad California residents are taxed. (same with Amazon tho).

Edit: Nvm, didn't see they charge $5 shipping. That's lame

Code shows as expired to me now. Oh well, the added shipping kills it for me anyway, not to mention I have everything but the digital graphic novels, artbook, and VR missions, lol.

bread's done
Back