METH's CAG Spring Hockey Tournament : CALGARY WINS! CONGRATS!

Yeah, I'm in, as long as we can get our games in earlier in the evening sometime before 10pm EST. I'll take Colorado in this one as well.

OT, since I forgot to reply to repetske...I didn't actually attend SW Celebration, but I live a few minutes away downtown. Driving through and I was surprised to see Stormtroopers and Darth Vaders parading down the street. I think it's an annual thing, so I'll see if I can make it next year just to see what it's all about.

[quote name='BigDirty']Dirty, San Jose.... eh? But I may be too late....[/QUOTE]

Never too late dude :p

We can always count on a ninth player.

you're in ! :)

[quote name='METH']Never too late dude :p

We can always count on a ninth player.

you're in ! :)[/QUOTE]

All hail Meth the merciful!

Mind making it an even ten? The first 8 slots filled up so fast, I didn't think I could make it in.

Detroit is preferred.

Looks like we have a few more interested. Meth, if you want to keep the tournament size down, I don't mind giving up my spot. I'm not a huge hockey fan so those who are that want to get in on this should get it.

Alright guys, i think we will have to stick with 8 players, thats unless you guys don't mind having a first round full of byes, if the majority doesn't, i will then accept a maximum of 10 teams.

METH, if you decide to go with 8 (which I think is optimal so the brackets are right), BigDirty can have my spot since he was the first to post asking if he could get in.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']METH, if you decide to go with 8 (which I think is optimal so the brackets are right), BigDirty can have my spot since he was the first to post asking if he could get in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Steve, I think we will have to go with the 8-Team Tournament, sorry for the people who signed up after the first 8 *original* players we're announced, i will update the first post with the official teams taking part in the tournament. Sorry.

thanks for saving Philly for me. I'm definitely in as long as me leaving for E3 the week of the 16th doesn't affect anything for you guys.

[quote name='CheapyD']thanks for saving Philly for me. I'm definitely in as long as me leaving for E3 the week of the 16th doesn't affect anything for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry - same here... i'm leaving on the 15th.

[quote name='METH']Don't worry - same here... i'm leaving on the 15th.[/QUOTE]
Man, I totally forgot we had that PM exchange yesterday! :oops:

[quote name='BigDirty']Of course I'll be there as well.... could have the tournament from the LACC! ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't say that to repetske, you'll make him mad :p

- Tournament update -

All 8 spots are now taken, tournament will be created tonight, you will then have to sign in before Saturday April 30th.

[quote name='CheapyD']thanks for saving Philly for me. I'm definitely in as long as me leaving for E3 the week of the 16th doesn't affect anything for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. I don't think it will take that long to lose in the first round. (Note to self: Be sure not to play cheapyd in the tournament.)

And Meth, I don't get mad to hear people are going to E3. I'm just jealous that you guys get to go there for your jobs, while I spend months at a time in nursing homes.

[quote name='repetske']Don't worry. I don't think it will take that long to lose in the first round. (Note to self: Be sure not to play cheapyd in the tournament.)

And Meth, I don't get mad to hear people are going to E3. I'm just jealous that you guys get to go there for your jobs, while I spend months at a time in nursing homes.[/QUOTE]

Muahahaha...

Now go back to WORK! ;)

The tournament has been created on xbox live, please Sign In and select your team before Saturday. Thanks

[quote name='thatstoobad']maybe i'm just completely inobservant and missed it, but what is the difficulty level for the tournament, pro or allstar?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it posted, but when I asked him the other day, he said it would be All-Star. We might actually have to work for our goals now.

Hey thatstoobad, my Lightning have been practicing all winter long and are ready to get revenge on your Senators in whatever round we face each other. How's that for being cocky.

Random quote: "Man with hand in pants is feeling cocky."

[quote name='thatstoobad']maybe i'm just completely inobservant and missed it, but what is the difficulty level for the tournament, pro or allstar?[/QUOTE]

All-Star it is...

---

Philly, Buffalo and New Jersey need to sign in. (did we mention that TJordan was out of town this week? lol )

[quote name='CheapyD']Just joined...[/QUOTE]

We need TJordan522 (Devils) to sign in tomorrow, and we'll then kick off this tournament.

[quote name='TJordan522']At least I don't play thatstoobad in the first round...[/QUOTE]

The tournament tree was randomly generated, you're lucky man ;)

+Update on the first page of this thread...

Let's get this tournament started!

[quote name='TJordan522']At least I don't play thatstoobad in the first round...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='METH']The tournament tree was randomly generated, you're lucky man ;) [/QUOTE]

dont be scurred fellas, especially with it being on all star things are going to be a little better to play, as you will see.

cheapy my advice to you is to PASS a lot. cycle the puck, make him dizzy and maybe he will fall down. make him come out and defend, dont let him float.

and my main man meth- when can you play these games? i can do a few on the later tip tonight, but not too late, and i can do them tomorrow but late, late, like midnight or so, maybe earlier. im free all day thursday and friday is fine after 4.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']dont be scurred fellas, especially with it being on all star things are going to be a little better to play, as you will see.

cheapy my advice to you is to PASS a lot. cycle the puck, make him dizzy and maybe he will fall down. make him come out and defend, dont let him float.

and my main man meth- when can you play these games? i can do a few on the later tip tonight, but not too late, and i can do them tomorrow but late, late, like midnight or so, maybe earlier. im free all day thursday and friday is fine after 4.[/QUOTE]

I'll be online tonite from 5:30pm till 8:30pm ET. Message me on AIM (xMETHxLive) if you are ready to play.

I might be online late tomorrow night around 11:30ishpm till midnight.

Thursday works for me from 6pm to 8:30pm. Hopefully we'll get to play all the round 1 games in one night.

Well, BigDirty and I played our series. He put up a great fight--a lot closer than the scores reflect.
I'm ready for my next victim!

[quote name='TJordan522']Well, BigDirty and I played our series. He put up a great fight--a lot closer than the scores reflect.
I'm ready for my next victim![/QUOTE]
he scores 18 goals in 2 games and you guys are worried about playing me? yeah right. you may want to focus your attention towards this guy, since there's no way i'm going to be able to pull anything like that.

[quote name='thatstoobad']he scores 18 goals in 2 games and you guys are worried about playing me? yeah right. you may want to focus your attention towards this guy, since there's no way i'm going to be able to pull anything like that.[/QUOTE]

Haha, trying to divert some attention? You are clearly the number one threat. I can't beat you no matter how hard I try. I always lose in triple OT or something when I play you...
For now, the target's on your back. You are the proven champ...
And I wouldn't be surprised if you scored more than 18 in 2 games lol.

Calgary finally gets their revenge over Tampa in a rematch of last years Stanley Cup finals. Good series Repetske!

The schedule has been advance, Round 2 is up...
Please try to complete round 2 before the weekend, thanks!
---

EddieBelfour,
Good series man, it was so close... I can't believe i got away with that win. WOW!

[quote name='sighlintbob']Calgary finally gets their revenge over Tampa in a rematch of last years Stanley Cup finals. Good series Repetske![/QUOTE]

To you maybe. Nah. It was a good series. I felt totally overmatched. You better win the whole thing now, so I can at least say I lost to the eventual winner.

[quote name='METH']The schedule has been advance, Round 2 is up...
Please try to complete round 2 before the weekend, thanks!
---

EddieBelfour,
Good series man, it was so close... I can't believe i got away with that win. WOW![/QUOTE]

same to you, my french canadian friend. i told you i was nervous about naslund. rightfully so.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']same to you, my french canadian friend. i told you i was nervous about naslund. rightfully so.[/QUOTE]

See repetske !!! Eddie's nice... he's not the one calling me Crazy French Canadian :p

oh and too bad i wont get to face you in the semi-finals ...muahaha

thatstoobad won the series 2-1

It was an incredible battle... with dirty hits, great defence amd nice plays!
It was a lot of fun to play against you man!

bread's done
Back