METH's Invitational Espn NHL Hockey Tournament : FINALS

METH

CAGiversary!
METH's Invitational ESPN NHL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT! (Xmas break edition)

INFO:
Tournament's name: METHTourney2k5
Password: CAG
Series Length: Best of 3 games
Difficulty: ALL-Star
Period Length: 5 min.

FINALS

thatstoobad (thatstoobad) Ottawa Senators
VS
Ultimate Matt X (Ultimate Matt X) Columbus Blue Jackets

The prize was announced on the tourney's website http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/league.php?l=67595

This tourney is for fans of the game and for serious players only.

[quote name='CheapyD']Philly!

EDIT: Can we turn off fighting, pretty please? :wave:[/quote]

Sure... !

No fighting, it's the holidays ! :p

I can't resist the faux canuck's tournament, count me in as the sharks.....

Won't actually sign on again till sunday though

Alright....

The tournament is shaping up, and looking good....

Once you sign in on xbox live, go check the Tourney's website at espnvideogames.com, and check out the news section to know what the winner of the tourney will be awarded.

PS: BigDirty, I'm going to hunt you down bitch ;)

thatstoobad
TJordan522
METH
CheapyD
have all signed in on xbox live...

3 teams still need to sign in by monday,

BigDirty (ElDirty) San Jose Sharks
repetske (silencer) Tampa Bay Lightning

Ultimate Matt X said would join too

We are missing only one player and we'll be able to start the tournament.

Boxing day update:

Okay guys, we have 8 players now, only Ultimate Matt X needs to pick his team and then sign up before monday.

When everyone will be signed in, i will put the tourney's bracket up.

All activities will officially start on monday dec. 27th.

BigDirty said he would sign in late sunday night, as for Ultimate Matt X, haven't got any news from him yet.

[quote name='repetske']If we end up needing another person, I have someone lined up if we need him. He's a huge fan of hockey and this game.[/quote]

Tourney Status:
Everyone signed in except one team. We need one more player.

Repetske,
ask him if he can sign in before monday night (dec. 27)

Haven't got any news from Ultimate Matt X in 3 days so...

[quote name='METH'][quote name='repetske']If we end up needing another person, I have someone lined up if we need him. He's a huge fan of hockey and this game.[/quote]

Tourney Status:
Everyone signed in except one team. We need one more player.

Repetske,
ask him if he can sign in before monday night (dec. 27)

Haven't got any news from Ultimate Matt X in 3 days so...[/quote]
he's going to have to get a CAG account if he doesn't have one yet.

He has an account. His name is sighlintbob. He hasn't been around the site in a while, but I play Xbox Live with him all the time. His gamertag is Shadowcat. I'll call him Monday morning to get him to sign up.

I'll sign in today if I still got a spot, if not just boot me out and let the other person do it. I think I'm still in by the thread, but who knows I'm lazy.

Alright, round 1 is up. All the details are on page 1 of this thread.

Let's get started !

thatstoobad and I played Game 1.
I won 3-2 in OT, but he dominated most of the game.

thatstoobad, sorry I had to go after that first game. I'll be on later.

Take your time TJordan. The winner of your round has to face the Bulin wall and all his might. He is the master of the wrap-around kick save. Nice series Meth. Also, has anyone noticed how much CheapyD looks like Ali G now? Word. Respect.

[quote name='repetske']Take your time TJordan. The winner of your round has to face the Bulin wall and all his might. He is the master of the wrap-around kick save. Nice series Meth. Also, has anyone noticed how much CheapyD looks like Ali G now? Word. Respect.[/quote]

BOOYAKASHA !

Yep nice series repetske, and good luck with the tournament... check out the tourney's website : http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/league.php?l=67595

[quote name='repetske']Take your time TJordan. The winner of your round has to face the Bulin wall and all his might. He is the master of the wrap-around kick save. Nice series Meth. Also, has anyone noticed how much CheapyD looks like Ali G now? Word. Respect.[/quote]

Oh I'm taking my time alright. If I were to rush my series I would lose. I need a few hours to recuperate after each game against thatstoobad lol. If I played him again right after I would get slaughtered since I used all of my skill in the previous game.

I will consider myself extremely lucky to face the Bulin wall.

I played my second game with thatstoobad. He completely controlled the game, and won 2-0.

Great game thatstoobad. Maybe I can muster up a shot or two next game, lol.

I've contacted my opponent about playing, hopefully we'll be done sometime tonight.

Also, if you're my opponent and didn't get the other messages they are on AIM and ESPN PM, just to let you know.

Well, thatstoobad just finished me off. I'm so disappointed-I had the lead over and over again but he just kept tying it up. He won 30 seconds into OT...

Great series.

Oh, and good luck to whoever plays thatstoobad in the remainder of the tournament. You're really gonna need it.

This is a really nice tournament Meth. I really like the prize and all the images you have created so far. We should do a Spring Break one too.

[quote name='TJordan522']This is a really nice tournament Meth. I really like the prize and all the images you have created so far. We should do a Spring Break one too.[/quote]

Yea i like the idea of a spring break edition of the tournament. I've had a great time hosting the tournament so far.

Sure the idea of another tournament is great but i'd also like to organize a winter-spring hockey season too with 8-10 teams max. Don't worry thatstoobad i won't be leaving the CAGHL:Turbo.

On another note:

CheapyD and Radjago: You have to play your games before friday Dec. 31st.

and then we'll move to round 2 (semifinals) of the tourney. More info to come and yes... more graphics/images! ;)

[quote name='METH'][quote name='TJordan522']This is a really nice tournament Meth. I really like the prize and all the images you have created so far. We should do a Spring Break one too.[/quote]

Yea i like the idea of a spring break edition of the tournament. I've had a great time hosting the tournament so far.

Sure the idea of another tournament is great but i'd also like to organize a winter-spring hockey season too with 8-10 teams max. Don't worry thatstoobad i won't be leaving the CAGHL:Turbo.

On another note:

CheapyD and Radjago: You have to play your games before friday Dec. 31st.

and then we'll move to round 2 (semifinals) of the tourney. More info to come and yes... more graphics/images! ;)[/quote]

I think having another hockey season would be awesome. The current season is great, but I only get to play once a week (and I'm the Coyotes). Having a second season going only for the hardcore hockey fans/players would give me more games to play. I definately think we should do that as well as the Spring Break tournament. I'm in as the Devils for both.

Round 2 is up,

Semifinals will take place over the new year's weekend, but you can start playing your games as soon as you want. The final should be played early next week. Good luck to all the players who got through round 1.

Thanks to CheapyD, elDirty and TJordan for being a part of this tournament.

I'd like to thank Cheapy for a great series. We both had our moments of triumph and slop.

Also Meth is doing a great job keeping on top of this tourney.

Quick tourney update:

Ultimate Matt X (and his BlueJackets) won against Radjago (Red Wings) and got himself a ticket to the finals. He will then face the winner between repetske and thatstoobad.

Thanks everyone for your comments about the tourney, it's not over yet but i'd like to thank you all for being playing your games, posting on the board and for being respectful with other players.

Tourney #2 or hardcore fans league could shape up in the next few weeks...

bread's done
Back