Metro 2033 (360) - $42.99 Shipped at Newegg

I really want to get this game! but I feel like if it dropped to 43.xx this fast, its bound to be under 30 in a few weeks.

Good game, but be warned. It's a flawed gem.

Atmsophere is amazing, voice acting good, story interesting, but other aspects are a little rough.

Well worth the price if you can overlook some of the flaws.

well thq has definantly become the new ubisoft, their games drop in sales price no more than a month later.

[quote name='k4lm4n']I really want to get this game! but I feel like if it dropped to 43.xx this fast, its bound to be under 30 in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I really want to support this game but my backlog will not support it.

Looks like they're matching the GoGamer 48 Madness Deal... 43 bucks there. I do agree that it will be on sale for 30 soon.

[quote name='k4lm4n']I really want to get this game! but I feel like if it dropped to 43.xx this fast, its bound to be under 30 in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't count on it. I'm pretty sure this is in response to the 49.99 everyone else was selling it for in the weeks up to it's releases, but Gamestop has it back at 59.99. Don't expect to see it go down quickly.

[quote name='KnightofHearts']but Gamestop has it back at 59.99. Don't expect to see it go down quickly.[/QUOTE]
Last I checked GS was selling it used for $45 though which is odd considering they normally only go $5 lower than a game's new price

OOS online at the moment but with an edge card and tax that's about $43, exactly what Newegg is asking...its just used instead of new.

Think I'm going to wait until after I get start to get bored of Splinter Cell Conviction next month to try and snag this. I only see the price staying the same or dropping between now and then.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Won't be too long before they have it for $14.99 shipped. If you have anything in your backlog you might as well run through it before buying Metro 2033.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I just don't see this game finding an audience against all the heavy hitters that have come out for the HD systems this year. It didn't exactly have a ton of hype prior to its release. Even now, it's only getting attention because it's a surprisingly good game that seemingly came out of nowhere.

I think if you can stand waiting a month or two to play it, you'll be able to get it for much, much cheaper than this.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Won't be too long before they have it for $14.99 shipped. If you have anything in your backlog you might as well run through it before buying Metro 2033.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted by this price but I do have plenty of stuff left to finish. Once it hits $30 or less, I'll bite.

Tempted to snatch this up at Newegg but I'm holding out hope amazon will price match so I can use all my credit up.

That is unlikely IMO. Look at Darksiders which is obviously a comparable game as it is a THQ title and has received pretty comparable reviews (averaging around 8/10). It dropped to $39.99 briefly at Amazon/Gamestop a month ago but, instead of continuing to drop even farther, is back up to around $50 new at most stores without any comparable deals having appeared. Lots of new titles will see a deal around $40 shortly after release but it takes a lot longer for them to get to the sub-30 range.

I would expect Metro 2033 to be available in the $35-40 range soon but I wouldn't expect it below $30 anytime in the next few weeks.

bread's done
Back