Metro 2033 360 NTSC/PAL $15.80 shipped @ play-asia.com

technicalstylez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (98%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Great find. I bought this "new" from Gamestop for $29.99 awhile back since it was hard to find a disc copy locally.

Very tempted on this, even if it's a PAL region game the achievement points will still be added to a US gamertag, right? This is the first time I've considered buying a PAL/region free game.

[quote name='Alien Spider']Very tempted on this, even if it's a PAL region game the achievement points will still be added to a US gamertag, right? This is the first time I've considered buying a PAL/region free game.[/QUOTE]

As far as achievements are concerned, it doesn't matter where your account is from. Only thing that regions care about is whether or not it can play on your console due to region lock.

I'm positive Amazon had the Windows download code for $5 if you have a PC that runs it. Just another option.

Edit: It's around $15 there as well.

[quote name='JStryke']As far as achievements are concerned, it doesn't matter where your account is from. Only thing that regions care about is whether or not it can play on your console due to region lock.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you!

I have the PC version right now (paid $5 for it) but it runs awful on my PC, plus I just don't use my PC much any more except for web browsing and word processing. $15 for the Xbox 360 version that I will actually play and has unlockable achievements makes this very tempting for me.

love this game, need to get it for PC tho
ufsbn

this game is great, a true cult classic, only thing wrong with it its only 6-8 hrs long. cant wait for last light, hope they dont ruin it by turning it into a cod wanna be. love the game play footage ive saw so far, just really different looking than 2033. best parts of the game was exploring the lonely dark metro alone

[quote name='PenguinJim']Not a bad deal. But for ~$19 delivered you can get the PAL Metro 2033/Darksiders pack from Shopto. (I can confirm that both of these PAL games run on my NTSC-US 360)[/QUOTE]

thats a great deal, but it says its a preorder?

Oh, that's a shame... they've had stock for weeks, but "pre-order" there means that they have new stock coming in soon. (If they're not getting any more, the button changes to a gray "unavailable")

OMG!! Thank you for this!! Been wanting to get this game for many years. The ONLY new copy I've found around here is a Wally-World 45-min away, which houses alot of "older" titles. Checked the price there a month ago and it was still priced at $39.99...W..T..F..?!?!!? Seriously?!! So, again... a BIG thank you!! :D

Just got an email from Play-Asia confirming that Metro 2033 is NOT region free.

We are sorry to inform you that the compatibility information is incorrect
when you made the order. The game just arrived our warehouse today. We are
surprised to find the compatibility is different from the information
provided by our supplier before. We just tested the game and confirmed that
it is not compatible with NTSC-J system. It is only compatible with NTSC
and PAL system.

[quote name='T3CK G33K']Just got an email from Play-Asia confirming that Metro 2033 is NOT region free.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It's not region free. That email you posted is saying it's not compatible with the Japanese 360, only the UK/US 360s. So if you have a UK or US 360, you are ok.

bread's done
Back