Metroid: Other M 19.99 free shipping- used @ Gamefly

K

KornKid91

I know this is already posted in the gamefly used game thread, but I thought this deserved it's own post because First party Nintendo games never go down in price and this game was only released 3 months ago. I'm really surprised that they're selling this game at this price I thought this game was going to always stay at $50 like all the other major Nintendo releases. I would advise picking up this deal quick because you might not see this game at this price again for a really long time.

It's not that great of a game and didn't sell as well as Nintendo had expected. So it's not surprising to see it drop like that.

As far as Metroid games go Other M is the least appealing, but I still wasn't expecting to see it hit $20 so quick. Corruption was still selling at $50 even after the Trilogy was $30 at most places. Honestly I'm not that excited to play other M, but seeing as I've played and loved every other Metroid game I have to at least give this one a shot, and the price is good

It's used and a GameFly sale which are always really cheap. It's still ~$50 new and, like most other Nintendo games, will be for awhile.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']does this come with that nintendo clu registration number?[/QUOTE]

It should, Gamefly doesn't send out the instruction manual, inserts or box with their games when they're being rented. I scored a complete Growlanser set from them last year.

The game is actually really good. I loved it. It's not perfect, no, and if you get hung up on the dopey story you might not like it much, although I found the story entertaining even though it was dopey. I'm just not that into story either way. The gameplay, however, was really good. I found it very addicting. I definitely recommend it at $20! I paid $50 and felt it was worth, so $20 is a steal.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']does this come with that nintendo clu registration number?[/QUOTE]

Usually, yes. Gamefly just stores that stuff and pops the game into the case it's had in storage and sends it off. Or at least that seems to be the case. I've gotten the reg codes (and unused) with the games I've bought from them.

Usually, yes. Gamefly just stores that stuff and pops the game into the case it's had in storage and sends it off. Or at least that seems to be the case. I've gotten the reg codes (and unused) with the games I've bought from them.

[quote name='nintendorobot']Have you looked at the prices for Warioware Smooth Moves?[/QUOTE]

That completely negates the criticism of the hyperbole I was replying to. Not. I didn't say every Wario game. I was referring specifically to the ones I've bought and have later dropped plenty in price, and not just Wario 1st party titles either, but plenty of other 1st party titles. That's just an obvious example. For that matter, Zelda as well. And if you really want to compare Apples to Apples, I've never bought a Metroid title that long after release and I sure haven't ever paid full retail. And that was on new, not used like this thread.

Regardless, Other M isn't exactly in the same league as the countless Wario titles. I imagine it'll keep it's jacked-up price for a long time.

Having just gotten a Wii this is a great deal for me, thanks for the heads up! I'd heard about the flaws and wasn't about to grab it at full price, but as a die-hard metroid fan this was an immediate pick up at $20.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Regardless, Other M isn't exactly in the same league as the countless Wario titles. I imagine it'll keep it's jacked-up price for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I did mention others besides Wario. Even Metroid.

this game was extremely disappointing to me. After about 3 hours of play, I just couldn't force myself to play any longer. I would advise against playing this one. It just doesn't have the same appeal as other Metroids.

[quote name='turls']I did mention others besides Wario. Even Metroid.[/QUOTE]

Corruption still hovers around $35-$40 new (curently $54 on Amazon), so I don't really see your point? If you're referring to GameCube or handheld titles, it doesn't apply. It's simply a fact that first-party Wii games rarely drop in price. Twilight Princess was a freakin launch title GameCube port and it's still $45+ just about everywhere.

$20 is a good price for Other M, even if it is used.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Corruption still hovers around $35-$40 new (curently $54 on Amazon), so I don't really see your point?[/QUOTE]

Try reading what I was responding to, and you might get it. He said N E V E R.

[quote name='Izod517']It really did not deserve it's own thread. Any CAG who doesn't look through the Gamefly monthly sales isn't a CAG.[/QUOTE]
This comment made this thread worth reading

About that game breaking bug if you unfortunately get that you should contact nintendo. They'll instruct you to save the game data onto an sd card and mail it to them. Then they'll fix it and send it back to you.

Okay, maybe never wasn't the right word next time I'll use Rarely or it's uncommon for

bread's done
Back