Metroid: Other M, $4.99 'New', $3.99 Used @ Gamestop

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just a heads up for those who haven't taken advantage of the dozen or so sales last year, Gamestop just dropped their new and used prices by five bucks. It says new is online only, but I'm pretty sure this will be in effect in-store, though more than likely they will be gutted copies.

I bought this game last year for $5, and I'd say I definitely got my money's worth, just as long as you can overlook the flaws (which are mostly exaggerated IMO).

I'd take this over a Subway sandwich any day, just to get that out of the way.

[quote name='Cmw7290']My gamestop only opens one copy and keeps the rest sealed.[/QUOTE]

Most do this, but I bought 5 of one game "new" for $1 each (for their codes) and only 1 was sealed.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Definitily try and find a good coply of MP3. It's really good, and personally my favorite of the trilogy. I'd also recommend trying the Trauma Center series, I picked up the DS remake and really like it so far:) Oh, and I wonder if any of you know about this The Cover Project. I used it to print out covers for some games I got that didn't have them. I think if your only paying a couple bucks, it's not the worst way to do it.[/QUOTE]

After checking at a few stores this week, I actually found a copy of MP3 at GS today with the case and manual. Except, I went up to buy it and the clerk couldn't find the disc. "Someone must have sold it without the case" he said. Next store I go to I will probably just find the manual on sale with no disc OR case.

I've actually seen Trauma Center Second Opinion a couple places for around 10 bucks. Should I snag the next copy I see for that much? Not seen any of the other Wii ones.

[quote name='strait edge follower']people like to rag about gamestop but they have alot of current gen games for under 10$ which is great if you need some filler to play untill a big release comes out. just yesturday i got a new red faction armageddon for 5.99 with the dlc code unused :D[/QUOTE]I'm surprised this & sin & punishment aren't in everyone collection from super cheap deals or clearance. Hell, I got Other M from BB for $5 along with the $10 savings code.

[quote name='Vap']This is exactly what I'll like to know. I want a good shooter for my Wii.[/QUOTE]

It's Not shooter. It's a fun game absolutely worth 5$.

[quote name='Philip J. Fry']After checking at a few stores this week, I actually found a copy of MP3 at GS today with the case and manual. Except, I went up to buy it and the clerk couldn't find the disc. "Someone must have sold it without the case" he said. Next store I go to I will probably just find the manual on sale with no disc OR case.

I've actually seen Trauma Center Second Opinion a couple places for around 10 bucks. Should I snag the next copy I see for that much? Not seen any of the other Wii ones.[/QUOTE]

Did you take the case. I always and they saw sure. Got a blacklabel Kingdom Hearts manual and case in good condition for free. Combine that with my gf's copy of KH, Boom complete.

[quote name='Cmw7290']My gamestop only opens one copy and keeps the rest sealed.[/QUOTE]

i think it depends on how many of their employees want to take it home and play before they sell it, this must not have been a popular game among gamestop employees :lol:

[quote name='DK745']So when you say "New", there's a chance it won't really be New? Because I do want to buy Other M while it's that cheap.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop games are rarely actually "new" by most people's definition of the term. Employees are allowed to "rent" the games, take them home and play them, and then return them to stock and sell them as "new" when they're actually most definitely used. They also have a tendency to open games and gut them, setting the manual/dlc codes/etc aside, so in a way that still makes the game used.

If you care about that sort of thing then either ensure that copies you get are shrinkwrapped or don't shop for new games at Gamestop.

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']We'll just have to agree to disagree. I thought the Prime game did a great job of translating the "feel" of Metroid to first person, and it doesn't play like a traditional FPS for the most part, with a lot of platforming and puzzles. As for your story point, that's a double-edged sword. Yeah, it wasn't a focus before beyond basic lore stuff, so it SHOULDN'T matter what they did, but they made Other M very story heavy and it was just terrible. The way Fusion handled a more story-focused game should have been emulated instead of so many long cutscenes and THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY.

As for gameplay, it just isn't as tight as the controls of Super, Fusion, and Zero Mission, the overall level and boss design is lacking, and the lack of exploration options really killed it.[/QUOTE]

Gunpei Yokoi is rolling in his grave as a result of what the Metroid series has become.

No reason to waste your time on this garbage. Oh its just a few bucks? Well you still have to play it to get your moneys worth, and its fucking terrible.

Some of the worst gameplay i've ever sat through.

bread's done
Back