Metroid Prime 3 - Do Mother Brains' Have PMS? - 9.5 From IGN!

I just picked this up today. Haven't played it yet but I hope to get an hour or 2 in later.

I see theres some sort of friend code hoopla going on. So anyone who adds me, just PM me and I'll do the same.

[quote name='Chacrana']I think of the same thing every time Hot Pockets comes up. I absolutely love this stand up special.[/quote]I'm pretty sure I'm gonna front the $10 and get it from Amazon. I love it, ranks right up there with some of my favorite stand-up specials ever.

I just played to the end of the second level.
The fight with Mech Riddley was SOOOO awesome!

This game is great. If only it had come out a motnh ago when I had some time to play.

[quote name='daroga']Anyone who wants to do the online stuff with the game, please remembe that at the end of May my #'s changed for my Wii code. Please delete me and readd me if you will. :)[/QUOTE]
I added you awhile back but I think you're still gray on my Friend list. Add me!

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Just picked up a copy. I hope I like it. If not, it's off to my tradelist.

(I'll probably like it though).[/quote]

thats exactly what i thought. an hour into the game i just had flashbacks to why i quite the first 2. i hate scanning everything and looking for the one door thats been unlocked now.

I don't have this yet, but: My Wii has issues getting online at school, the best I can do is use the USB Wi-Fi connector and pray it catches the signal. Its hit or miss. What kind of things get unlocked with friend codes, or should I say, what will I miss if I don't get the chance to have my Wii online while playing through this game? I read a page back about screenshot ability with friend tokens?

Are friend vouchors abundant like the missle upgrades in Prime 1 or more like the energy tanks, not as much? (At least I thought there were more missle upgrades than energy tanks)

[quote name='Zen Davis']
Actually she can... keep an eye on the cutscene after the Bryyo boss.
[/QUOTE]

That was really more like floating. Still, with all the phazon coursing out of her at that point, I was picking up a lot of Dark Samus vibes; DS did the exact same hovering stuff in Echoes. Make me wonder what's gonna happen as the Phazon corruption gets stronger and stronger.

Finished Bryyo eariler today, started on the next planet. Holy fuck, it's cool. Even cooler that the Sancuary Fortress from Ecohes, and that was bomb.

[quote name='Doomed']Are friend vouchors abundant like the missle upgrades in Prime 1 or more like the energy tanks, not as much? (At least I thought there were more missle upgrades than energy tanks)[/QUOTE]
You can earn them through some random 'difficult' tasks, but you'll earn a voucher for every 100 enemies you kill...

Ok, so I'm stuck already and need some guidance.

I'm on the second level where I have to activate the 3 power cores (or whatever they call them). I just beat the platform where I summoned my ship and met up with the one bounty hunter and I need to activate the first core. I'm in a cylinderish room with little robots flying around and panels on the walls that can be scanned. The place I need to get to is being protected by a little blue wall/shield thing. I cannot make the jump and keep falling into the ground.

What am I supposed to do?

Anybody else died of a phazon overload? I got hit by a space pirate grenade and it killed me that way before I knew it, but anyway, what happens is pretty badass (if it hasn't already been mentioned).

Btw, I'll get you a friend voucher next time I start it up starky.

[quote name='tcrash247']Ok, so I'm stuck already and need some guidance.

I'm on the second level where I have to activate the 3 power cores (or whatever they call them). I just beat the platform where I summoned my ship and met up with the one bounty hunter and I need to activate the first core. I'm in a cylinderish room with little robots flying around and panels on the walls that can be scanned. The place I need to get to is being protected by a little blue wall/shield thing. I cannot make the jump and keep falling into the ground.

What am I supposed to do?[/quote]

Be more specific. Norion? or Bryyo? Which hunter are you talking about?

What am I supposed to do?[/quote]

I think I just figured out what you're saying. The reactors on Norion right?
Is it the blue thing with cracks in it and you're trying to figure out how to break it? I remember getting confused there. There's a morphball hole in one of the crevices around and you go under all the blue glass.

I think that's what you're talking about, let me know if I'm wrong.

The hunter is the guy with that travels like Iceman and has a long head with no face. Hes blueish. And now that you mention it, yes, its's Norion.

It might be a blue thing, but I'm just trying to get over to it. The panel above it is broken. I blew up some debris that was right in front of it by jumping and shooting. It doesn't seem like theres much room for a crevice to get into except by the door I came in, but I'll look again.

Thanks for the help!

What am I supposed to do?[/QUOTE]

I think I know what you're talking about, I just played that level.

The little robots flying around will keep flying around. You have to blast a bunch of them, maybe 3-4 waves, and then one of the blue shields will drop far enough for you to jump on it.

EDIT: Maybe your past this part. Really, I just played it, and I'm having a hard time placing your last description.

I just picked up Metroid. It's like hot, buttered sex. My Wii just started making the annoying buzzing sound. This is a problem.

Hot, buttered sex vs. fixing the Wii

Decisions.

Hey Starky, your voucher didn't show up when I started the game up, but I sent you one.

I got one from hack and I sent one back.

And I added you clockwork and I'll send a voucher once it does its thing and you show up.

[quote name='Strell']What in the hell is this post trying to prove?

Metroid Prime was received incredibly well by lots of various groups, and the fact that Nintendo gamers accepted a 3D incarnation of one of their holy franchises is immense in a way not seen much in the gaming industry anymore. (That is, until an honest-to-god good 3D Castelvania appears on the scene, but I have little faith that will happen.) Reviewers championed MP's more "first person adventure" focus, especially given the hotly debated and controversial shift to that sort of game.

As for changing Metroid, I imagine this is a lesser of two evils "we're-going-to-get-bitched-at-anyway" sort of decision, because if they'd left everything as is without anything new, I could see you writing "well f*ck the Retro guys they can't do anything new for the series." They changed it because it was in 3D, because it was the first new Metroid in a while on a console, and because if they'd kept it without anything different, people would hate on it for being nothing but a sequel.[/quote]
I totally agree with you. That person is a dumbass! He knows nothing about games and/or evolution of gaming for that matter. Pay him no mind.

Put in another 2 1/2 hours or so, saved after beating the 3rd boss
Iceman
and flying to the other side of Bryyo.

Definitely digging the game and getting more and more used to the controls.

Third boss gave me more problems than the first 2, but still beat him pretty easy on the 3rd try.

This is my GOTY so far. The controls are excellent, the action is on point, the puzzles are just genius. Everything is just perfect.

[quote name='bardiya27']This is my GOTY so far. The controls are excellent, the action is on point, the puzzles are just genius. Everything is just perfect.[/QUOTE]

Mine too, but my vote is worthless as the only 2007 releases I've picked up were Planet Puzzle League on the DS and Super Paper Mario.

Other than that just been playing some VC games and catching up on some PS2 and PC backlog.

Question about Norion:

I activated two of the three cores, and then the 04:00 minute countdown began. I didn't get to explore the third wing and activate the core. I guess one of the other hunters said he'd activate it or something, but the map was still blue for all those rooms in the third wing of the complex (which annoyed me), and I had to rush to the controll room to fire the canon. Was I too slow? Is it a new objective in Veteran mode?

Also, an easy way to get kills/friend vouchers:

Find an area where there are snatchers or any endless flow of pillbugs or whatever crawling out of the rocks and blast away. I went from 500 to 1100 kills in about four minutes.

[quote name='Cambot']Question about Norion:

I activated two of the three cores, and then the 04:00 minute countdown began. I didn't get to explore the third wing and activate the core. I guess one of the other hunters said he'd activate it or something, but the map was still blue for all those rooms in the third wing of the complex (which annoyed me), and I had to rush to the controll room to fire the canon. Was I too slow? Is it a new objective in Veteran mode?

Also, an easy way to get kills/friend vouchers:[/QUOTE]

You can go back to Norion and access that area once you have a couple certain upgrades. I just went there myself, and I won't spoil what happens...

I just figured out how these voucher things work. I added a bunch of people and PM'ed all of you. Hurry up guys and so I can get the Mii Bobblehead!

[quote name='CouRageouS']I just figured out how these voucher things work. I added a bunch of people and PM'ed all of you. Hurry up guys and so I can get the Mii Bobblehead![/quote]

I'll PM you back once I add you, it'll be this evening some time. Yay for CAG, I'll have plenty of friend credits for everything (now I just need more yellow credits....).

I've sent out a few and would like to get some back. And I need a lot, I guess, because my son also wants to unlock stuff in his game. You share the reception of credits for all save slots but the advantage is we can send out twice as many (with the 2 saved games). I've sent a few to different people on my list. If there's anyone on my list that wants one and I haven't sent it yet, let me know. And Botticus, what's up with you? I don't see you active with a save yet.

And if anyone else wants to add, let me know.

How many friend credits do you need to unlock everything?

[quote name='io']I've sent out a few and would like to get some back. And I need a lot, I guess, because my son also wants to unlock stuff in his game. You share the reception of credits for all save slots but the advantage is we can send out twice as many (with the 2 saved games). I've sent a few to different people on my list. If there's anyone on my list that wants one and I haven't sent it yet, let me know. And Botticus, what's up with you? I don't see you active with a save yet.

And if anyone else wants to add, let me know.

How many friend credits do you need to unlock everything?[/quote]My $30 Target order shipped yesterday, I'll have it in a few days. Not sure I'll be booting it up anytime soon, though. Haven't decided yet.

So I need friend vouchers to get some of the unlockables... That may take a while since i know only one other person with the game.

I'll take some of those friend vouchers if people are sending them. Just let me know when you've added me to your friends list and I'll add you.

I found an easy way to unlock a few Friend Vouchers in 10-15 minutes. Nothing to do with the story, but I put it in spoilers just in case:

Their are some places when you morph into a ball (I know theirs one on Norrin & Bryyo) and these little insects swarm you (The one in Norrin is close to where you get the grapple beam). Once enough are on you they carry you up to a big mouth. Just keep bombing those little insects and in about 10-15 minutes you should have up to 1000 kills (1 voucher for each 100 kills), trust me it's freaking easy. I have about 7 friend vouchers right now. I think after 1000 kills the bar is set higher, possibly 1500 kills, not sure?

EDIT - clockworkgreen, starky27 & io, I sent you all one friend voucher. ENJOY :D

[quote name='Zen Davis']Impromptu poll. Best game on the Nintendo Wii?[/QUOTE]

Too early to really make that vote....would have to finish this first.

I doubt it will pass Zelda for me though, even though I am loving the shit out of it so far. But I've got over 48 hours into Zelda, and still have a lot I haven't done and pick it up a couple times a month to mess around with sidequests, fishing, still need to do cave of ordeals etc.

Metroid will just be an amazing 20-25 hour experience that I'll play through once and never touch again just like the original, so it probably won't surpass Twilight Princess for me.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']I think I know what you're talking about, I just played that level.

The little robots flying around will keep flying around. You have to blast a bunch of them, maybe 3-4 waves, and then one of the blue shields will drop far enough for you to jump on it.

EDIT: Maybe your past this part. Really, I just played it, and I'm having a hard time placing your last description.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is the part, I just figured there was a path I wasn't seeing. I'll try this tonight, thanks!

I'm loving the game so far, but I've gotten myself stuck.

I'm on Bryyo and I've gotten to the landing pad where it guides you to after killing Rundas. I've opened up the doors on the roof, but I don't know where to go from there. Do I need to do something else before I can call my ship to it or do I have to go back and get my ship and take it there?

P.S. Anyone wanna trade friend vouchers?

[quote name='Oozer']I'm loving the game so far, but I've gotten myself stuck.

I'm on Bryyo and I've gotten to the landing pad where it guides you to after killing Rundas. I've opened up the doors on the roof, but I don't know where to go from there. Do I need to do something else before I can call my ship to it or do I have to go back and get my ship and take it there?

P.S. Anyone wanna trade friend vouchers?[/quote]

I remember that, this is what you do:
opening the roof means you've gone through and raised the missile rack thing and jumped over to the other side of the room and activated that panel right? After that all you have to do is go down and hit the panel to drop the upgrade thing down again and call in your ship. If it says there's something in the way that's the missile rack and you have to lower it.

I think I'm remembering that right, I got stuck for a few minutes in that room because
I didn't know to raise the missile rack to use it to get around
, but after that it was pretty straightforward so unless there's some glitch or I'm not remembering it right what I said should be it.

I hate this.

Metroid Prime 3 and Smash Bros. Brawl are the only games I want on the Wii in the near future (I also have a 360). I called all around asking if they have a Wii in stock, but no store in 200 miles have the Wii. I swore to myself to not get the Wii until there are more quality games for $20, but I don't think I can resist. Damn you Nintendo.

[quote name='Strell']That's ok. I'm going to kick your kirby loving ass in Brawl when it comes out.

All will be fine at that point.[/QUOTE]
Are you going to play as SONIC??

No, I don't think you will since I will.

[quote name='whoknows']Are you going to play as SONIC??

No, I don't think you will since I will.[/QUOTE]

I don't think either of us will, I hope, because he won't be in there.

Bitch can't beat Mario in the hundred meter dash?

Don't gots no time, don't gots no time.

bread's done
Back