Metroid Prime 3 will not have online multiplayer

Does it even have offline multiplayer? I thought these things were always about the single player experience.

How will it ever kill Halo now?

Oh wait, I don't frickin' care. Multiplayer has never been and never will be good in a Metroid setting. Just give us the single player game, because you know that's all anyone ever cared about in the first place... save for a few pricks who think everything needs multiplayer.

Between the other two Metroid threads on the front page, I don't know if this was really necessary. Either way, meh. I wasn't expecting it or especially looking forward to it for that matter. The online capabilities that is...

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh wait, I don't frickin' care. Multiplayer has never been and never will be good in a Metroid setting. Just give us the single player game, because you know that's all anyone ever cared about in the first place... save for a few pricks who think everything needs multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

I honestly didn't like the multiplayer in MP2 and Hunters was ok but still nowhere near as fun as a real multiplayer game.

thats sad but not a disaster. i mean online multiplayer metroid would have no chance against halo 3 and cod4.
im sure they will release something like "metroid tournament" later on.

I really don't care, and it doesn't affect my purchase. Mostly because I wasn't buying this game anyway, and I've never seen the appeal behind the 3D Metroid games. I've tried to get into them, but I've always found them to be quite bad.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

I honestly didn't like the multiplayer in MP2 and Hunters was ok but still nowhere near as fun as a real multiplayer game.[/QUOTE]

Hunters was completely unplayable for me. I mean, the game's design itself was atrocious, but the controls were also ridiculously bad. Not much of a loss though considering I didn't really have any expectations for that game...

yea, this topic seems to be one that everyone has already made up their minds on. i personally didn't care. the more time and energy that goes into the 1 player mode the better.

and there are a lot of metroid prime fans who don't love first person shooters.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hunters was completely unplayable for me. I mean, the game's design itself was atrocious, but the controls were also ridiculously bad. Not much of a loss though considering I didn't really have any expectations for that game...[/QUOTE]

I'll never understand how stylus control was bad for an FPS, but then again I don't understand lots of things.

[quote name='Strell']I'll never understand how stylus control was bad for an FPS, but then again I don't understand lots of things.[/quote] Tappa tappa tappa!

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HV6MBl7r9k8[/MEDIA]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=CV4L8huJO-w[/media]

It's no Malk clip, but hey.

EDIT:
Seriously though, I feel 10 and 11 are when they really start puttering.
Skinner madness and death of Maude, ugh.

Most everything past that is pure trash.

If it has regular multi player and not online then I don't understand it. Strikers Charged has online play so why couldn't they incorporate it in this game? Nintendo never has been big on the whole online thing though .

[quote name='Strell']Welcome to 2006, kiddies.

It took 7 posts on Joystiq, but someone finally said something right.[/QUOTE]

2006? Pshaw. Like the lord almighty, a lack of online play for Nintendo was, is, and always shall be.

Meh. Not buying this anyway, but I still would've liked to see online multiplayer as it would bode well for future games.

[quote name='mykevermin']2006? Pshaw. Like the lord almighty, a lack of online play for Nintendo was, is, and always shall be.[/QUOTE]

I expect this sort of thing out of dumbasses, myke. Must I add you to their throng?

I thought multiplayer in Prime 2 was pretty forgettable. Forgetting about multiplayer and just focusing on the single player game is the right thing to do.

Yay rational people! I agree I never really cared about online multiplayer for MP3. I didn't really like MP2s so I'm happy. But those joystiq comments are why I'm glad they don't listen to the general public. They're idiots.

I'd be upset if...ya'know, Metroid wasn't a single-player focused game.

Now if Smash or Mario Kart show up without online...

Comparisons are probably more accurate against MPH than MP2. MPH had excellent multiplayer and actual FPS controls.

I'm a bit dissappointed, as I would like to see Nintendo spearhead the online front with more titles, but if it makes the single player adventure better, then so be it.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Comparisons are probably more accurate against MPH than MP2. MPH had excellent multiplayer and actual FPS controls.[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime Hunters 2: Wii! :dunce:

In the words of the wise sage Joey Gladstone..

CUT IT OUT!

Metroid doesn't need multiplayer, amirite?

I'd be more upset if they took online out of Strikers, Battalion Wars and Smash Brothers, people are acting like Prime was going to be the best online multiplayer game ever made. Considering that they NEVER said it would have online or multiplayer, I would say that people like the Joystiq posters are pretty stupid for making assumptions with no basis in truth and then getting mad when those assumptions are proven wrong.

[quote name='seanr1221']

Now if Smash or Mario Kart show up without online...[/QUOTE]

Then a thousand kittens will be slaughtered.

I had fun on the DS online. I don't even think I really played the single player. I just quit like everyone else who got sick of waiting for connections 2 weeks later.

[quote name='furyk']Eh, no big loss. MP 2 multiplayer reminded me of Turok Rage Wars and that is a very bad thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% convinced by the argument that "MP2 multiplayer was bad, so let's not include it in the next one."

Now, by itself, the Prime games have been damned good. This will, hopefully, be no exception. That doesn't mean, however, that there is no hope at all for MP multiplayer - if the problems can be identified, then the game can be improved.

Wait wasn't evey here saying that it was ok that MP3 had a delay(That delay to make the game perfect) becuase now we were going to get awsome multiplayer? Now that were not getting multiplayer everyone is saying they never wanted it.

Well atleast this news saves me $50.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Wait wasn't evey here saying that it was ok that MP3 had a delay(That delay to make the game perfect) becuase now we were going to get awsome multiplayer? Now that were not getting multiplayer everyone is saying they never wanted it.

Well atleast this news saves me $50.[/QUOTE]

Nobody was saying that.

[quote name='Chacrana']Nobody was saying that.[/quote]
[quote name='chodax']I hope MP3 online multiplayer works well, it could definatly be a fun competitive game.[/quote]
[quote name='daroga']With all these delays, I can't imagine the Prime 3 won't have an online mode. It feels very much like Hunters for the DS, only hopefully with fewer hand cramps. ;)[/quote]
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well it would be dumb for nintendo not to have MP3 online, I mean prime hunters is online on the DS...

Although I am extremely happy that Brawl is online, I can't wait to play.[/quote]
When they delay a FPS to make it "perfect" I and I think most people would expect multiplayer to be included.

Not all games need multi-player.

I would rather they didn't include multi-player with, say, The Darkness. Artistically, anyway.

I'm not particularly concerned with MP3 not having multiplayer - I'd be more concerned about how much Nintendo is embracing the idea of bringing its titles online. As other posters have mentioned, if Mario Kart, Batallion Wars etc. came out without support, that's a different story. As it stands, MP3 was a good oppurtunity to integrate an online system, they just choose not to - and that's it, no broken promises.

-Dr. Ugly

How is this news? Retro said when Corruption was revealed that there would be no multiplayer modes of any kind. There may be use of WiiConnect24 to push updates or something, but there will not be online multiplayer.

This just in: Super Mario Galaxy will not have online multiplayer.
Breaking: Zack and Wiki: No online multiplayer?

[quote name='itachiitachi']When they delay a FPS to make it "perfect" I and I think most people would expect multiplayer to be included.[/QUOTE]

What FPS was delayed here? Metroid Prime games are not shooters.

bread's done
Back