Metroid Prime Trilogy $29.99 Fred Meyer

skateraXVIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the Freds by me just suck. The lowest their clearance games ever go is 40 percent off, and about a year ago when they were selling Dark Sector and The Simpsons Game for $10 each, I got in a huge fight with a clerk who claimed it was impossible to find a 360 game there for less than $30.

Places in Alaska tend to rip us off a lot since they know we don't have many other options.

My friend in Oregon reported that the Fred Meyers in his area is not selling Metroid Prime Trilogy for $29.99, that it was a mistake and will be selling for regular price.

Just swung over to my parents house who still read the newspaper and snagged the ad. Best Buy, see you tomorrow!

I would also like to point out one last thing: In the same ad, they are also Advertising Wolfenstein on PC for $50...However the game box actually pictured is the Return To Castle Wolfenstein Australian edition, so that should give you some idea of the dolts running things at Fred Meyer sunday ad department

I just picked up a copy for $29.99 this evening. As expected, it rang up $49.99 but they overrode it when I showed their ad. There was no pricing error correction notice posted yet.

metroidv.jpg

I grabbed an ad from the Beaverton, OR store. Gonna head to Best Buy tomorrow to get it PMed since I have $10 in RZ certificates as well as a $125 gift card!

[quote name='Rollett']If the add was on the website it looks like it has been pulled.[/QUOTE]

I still see the ad online. If anything, run to the closest store to grab the ad. They should have them at the front or at Customer Service.

[quote name='eau']I just picked up a copy for $29.99 this evening. As expected, it rang up $49.99 but they overrode it when I showed their ad. There was no pricing error correction notice posted yet.

metroidv.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So you didn't try to price match it at Best Buy for $29.99 AND attempt to get a $10 GC from them? That's what a CAG would try to do!

I'll be going to Target to see if they would be willing to do a price match... If I can't get one would someone pick me up a copy for $30? Please!!!

[quote name='MasterSun1']So you didn't try to price match it at Best Buy for $29.99 AND attempt to get a $10 GC from them? That's what a CAG would try to do![/QUOTE]
I was planning to until I saw the real thing in the FM store this evening. The steel case has a plastic slipcover that is inside the factory wrap so their stickers wouldn't ruin it.

BB would probably price match the $29.99 price but I doubt they would give you the free $10 gc from the RZ coupon printout.

I probably would PM it again at BB just so that I can clock in some RZ points.

[quote name='Rollett']They have signs up all over the electronics dept saying they refuse to honor the add.[/QUOTE]

Welll fuck....gona try and price match at target and bestbuy

I was wondering since there are no FM in Florida, has anyone been able to find the actual game on the site for the $29.99 price? I have searched to no avail and it is officially released today so I am befuddled why they don't even have it online yet when they have games like Batman AA listed?

I have the PDF ad printed out but I have had a couple of experiences in the past where the people at Best Buy's customer service have actually checked the competitors online site for verification of price. This happens in the Miami, FL Best Buys that I go to. Thanks for the help!

Fred Meyer would not sell to me at that price this morning. I got to the store when it opened. I asked him if it was on sale since I did not see a sign. He said yes. He rang it up for 49.99. I asked him why he said it was on sale if it was not and he said he thought I asked if it was for sale. I showed him the ad. 10 minutes later came back with a printout saying they would not honor the price.
Oh well worth a shot.
Got some delicious grapes to eat instead.

Picked it up today for $30. The Burlingame FM had it and the sales girl had no problem doing a price adjustment. There were no signs saying the price wouldn't be honored.

Thanks skatera!

[quote name='Rollett']They have signs up all over the electronics dept saying they refuse to honor the add.[/QUOTE]

Crap. Hopefully I can get it price matched at Walmart or Target.

[quote name='dougstill']Fred Meyer would not sell to me at that price this morning. I got to the store when it opened. I asked him if it was on sale since I did not see a sign. He said yes. He rang it up for 49.99. I asked him why he said it was on sale if it was not and he said he thought I asked if it was for sale. I showed him the ad. 10 minutes later came back with a printout saying they would not honor the price.
Oh well worth a shot.
Got some delicious grapes to eat instead.[/QUOTE]

Lol @ "Got some delicious grapes to eat instead". Seriously though, that sounds fantastic.

[quote name='jeremy517']Picked it up today for $30. The Burlingame FM had it and the sales girl had no problem doing a price adjustment. There were no signs saying the price wouldn't be honored.

Thanks skatera![/QUOTE]

Awesome! Here's hoping...

Has anyone tried to print the ad out and price match at Wal-Mart or Best Buy? Any luck? I have them next to me, so I am wondering if its worth a shot.

I went to Best Buy and they wouldn't take the flyer. They wanted to see the advertisement on the website, but I couldn't find it. While I check, does anyone know where to find it?

I live in New York City and there is no Fred Meyer here. It may not work here, but I'd like to try and see.

Can someone give me a zip code to try.

EDIT: Best Buy wouldn't honor the price match, but Target has the game for $30.

PM at BB with print ad in Portland. Apparently someone had come in previously with the ad, as the clerk was skeptical but the supervisor ok'd it.

Here's an Oregon zip code for you: 97124, hope that helps.

I went earlier this morning at the Cascade Station Best Buy in Portland and did a price match with Fred Meyer ad.

Picked it up at the Medford south FM. Rang up as 49.99, showed them the ad, adjusted no problem. I was pleasantly surprised to see I got the steelbook edition. I thought that was an Amazon exclusive, I was expecting a white plastic case. Guess I'll cancel my Gamestop preorder. Really want that tshirt, but $20 is $20.

I am happy to report that my Best Buy in Grand Forks, ND priced matched the Fred Meyer add no problem. I printed it out and showed the lady at customer service. I was shocked at how hassle free it was and the funny thing is they didn't even have the trilogy out on display yet. So if you don't see it, ask them. Mine was the steelbook edition.

[quote name='chakan']Picked it up at the Medford south FM. Rang up as 49.99, showed them the ad, adjusted no problem. I was pleasantly surprised to see I got the steelbook edition. I thought that was an Amazon exclusive, I was expecting a white plastic case. Guess I'll cancel my Gamestop preorder. Really want that tshirt, but $20 is $20.[/QUOTE]

Thats if gamestop receives any of the shirts...Im supposing there is going to be alot of disappointed people.

[quote name='OwenRocky']I live in New York City and there is no Fred Meyer here. It may not work here, but I'd like to try and see.

Can someone give me a zip code to try.

EDIT: Best Buy wouldn't honor the price match, but Target has the game for $30.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean Target has it for $30? Which Target and was it on a shelf tag at that price?

[quote name='Fergywan']I am happy to report that my Best Buy in Grand Forks, ND priced matched the Fred Meyer add no problem. I printed it out and showed the lady at customer service. I was shocked at how hassle free it was and the funny thing is they didn't even have the trilogy out on display yet. So if you don't see it, ask them. Mine was the steelbook edition.[/QUOTE]

is there any Fred Myers in ND???

Wonder what my chances are to get this price matched near here....

[quote name='bojay1997']What do you mean Target has it for $30? Which Target and was it on a shelf tag at that price?[/QUOTE]

I am very curious about this as well

[quote name='xycury']is there any Fred Myers in ND???

Wonder what my chances are to get this price matched near here....[/QUOTE]

I think your best chances would be to try to find a Best Buy and do what I did. I am pretty sure there are no Fred Meyer stores in North Dakota.

My FM (Lynnwood) didn't have a sign up in the game section, but they did have a sign up at the register saying that they wouldn't honor the price. Took the add to BB and they did a price match no problem.

I didn't even try going to Fred Meyer this morning. I just went to my Gamestop to cancel my pre-order, get my $50 back, then went across the street to the Tanasborne Best Buy on the west side of Portland and Price matched it without a hitch. They were pretty surprised with the ad, but they took care of it. Now I have $20 to buy gas and food with. Hooray!

[quote name='flipdice']So the pdf printout is enough for a price match @ BB? Or at least is it YMMV?[/QUOTE]

The pdf printout was all that was needed for me at Best Buy. Might some BBs not take them, maybe, but it worked at mine. Print it out, pick the game up, and go to costumer service and see what happens.

I was able to print out the pdf and pick it up a BB as well in MD. Funny thing was Wal-Mart declined it and tried to say it wasn't the same game because in the ad it didn't have the small white text saying collectors edition between trilogy and the orange stripe. Walmart didn't even have the game out on the shelves till I stopped in at like 3pm today. Since BB was close by I decided to take a chance and stop in, I figured they wouldn't approve but was worth the shot.

Anyway BB looked at the ad, lady price matched it and had to get a managers approval. Manager asked me a few questions as he had never heard of Fred Meyer and ok'd it.

No problems getting this price matched at Best Buy, the cashier was a little surprised at the price but that's it. Thanks for heads up on this OP, even though I shop at Freddys all the time probably wouldn't have noticed this until it was too late.

Last time I checked, SEARS would not only price match, but they also take off extra 10% of the difference. I will try to pick up the ad from FM this afternoon and PM at SEARS for $27.99+tax.

I went by Fred Meyer in Kirkland, WA and they had a sign up informing customers that the ad price would not be honored. I didn't bother making a stink about it, but the ad will come in handy.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']For everyones information.... the game ONLY comes in a steelbook edition.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't what I was expecting based on the OP of the other Metroid Trilogy thread

Fred Meyer stores are ONLY located in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska. Completely YMMV is you can get a store that does have a Freddie's around to price match the ad, since they are not considered a local competitor.

Walked into the Best Buy in Tualatin, OR and got it price matched for $29.99 AND got them to give me the $10 Gift Card you get for using the Gamer's Club Reward Zone coupon.

After using a $10 Reward Zone certificate, my total was actually only $19.99, which actually came off my $125 gift card I got from my boss recently. But with the additional gift card I got, the overall cost of the game to me was $10 off my gift card!

$10 removed from my gift card total (or free depending on how you look at it) for a brand new $50 game is awesome!

6735_661848323606_11501460_38621059_2409016_n.jpg

bread's done
Back