Metroid Series GBA/DS/NGC

Prowl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, here I am playing Metroid Zero mission, and loving it. Beating it again. I played Fusion, LOVED it. Liked Super Metroid, and want to really beat Metroid 2, and Metroid for NES. I really want to like the Prime series, but i think I can't stand them. Anyone else feel the same way? I really want to embrace the whole series, but I just can't.

[quote name='swarmster']Yeah, can't say I agree. Metroid Prime was as good a series transition as Mario 64 imo.[/QUOTE]

QFT

I LOVE Metroid Prime.

[quote name='swarmster']Yeah, can't say I agree. Metroid Prime was as good a series transition as Mario 64 imo.[/quote]

I agree completely - I am still amazed on how perfectly Retro nailed it. Metroid Prime is probably my favorite game of all time.

I am having a hard time getting into Hunters for the DS for some reason... maybe it's the controls or the screen or the blocky graphics - I don't know. I beat every other game in the series (1 NES, 1 GB, 2 GBA, 1 SNES, 2 GCN) and Super Metroid I've beaten probably 50 times - I love that one too!

[quote name='Riyonuk']Oh javeryh, you forgot Metroid Prime Pinball

When MP3, MP2D, MDread, and SM3D release I plan to get them all.[/QUOTE]

Metroid Dread was cancelled a long time ago, if that's the 2-D Metroid I'm thinking of for the DS.

I really hope Metroid Dread resurfaces on the DS in some form. A 2D Metroid game with 3D sprites a'la NSMB would rock my socks right off.

And yes, Metroid Prime Pinball might just be the most underrated Nintendo game of all time. It is utterly fantastic.

I bought Metroid Prime: Hunters for DS but it got old very quickly. I've never been into the Metroid series, and Prime doesnt appeal to me at all because I leave FPS to pc mostly.

While I'm not a huge fan of the Metroid series, I did enjoy all of the 2D ones except the first (though I've only beat Fusion). But I agree completely with the OP, I really didn't like Metroid Prime.

I might have liked it without all the damn scanning, that drove me crazy. I probably also would've enjoyed it more in third-person, in first-person it's just an FPS with abysmal controls. I haven't played Hunters, but I'm sure it's better due to improved controls and I'm sure 3 will be better for that reason as well. But there will still be too much scanning.

the only game I have is the super nintendo one and that one fuckin rocks., I had hunters, but I couldnt get into it, my DS just didnt feel right for a FPS. :/

I loved Metroid Prime 1 and 2... Hunters was trash though. It had none of the exploration and atmosphere that made all the important Metroid games great.

I am with the OP been playing Metroid since NES but I can't stand Prime. I have gave it two chances and the 2nd chance faired better then the first but I just couldn't make myself finish it.

[quote name='Chacrana']I loved Metroid Prime 1 and 2... Hunters was trash though. It had none of the exploration and atmosphere that made all the important Metroid games great.[/QUOTE]

Yes! exactly. I also had a really hard time with the controls. Nothing seemed easy for me to use left-handed.

Single Player Hunters was boring and just a quick task, not much story there. But I think Multiplayer is a blast, my friends and I can play for hours killing n00bs online.

Metroid Prime is not a FPS...Come to a Metroid message board and your liable to get flamed beyond belief. Its a First Person Adventure ;)

[quote name='furyk']3D sprites a'la NSMB would rock my socks right off.
[/QUOTE]

I believe you mean 3D models, because 3D sprites don't exist.

In the Prime games, I get way too lost too easily. That makes me frustrated. I love the graphics and the gameplay, but I hate being frustrated. BLAH

[quote name='bdgskarulz']In the Prime games, I get way too lost too easily. That makes me frustrated. I love the graphics and the gameplay, but I hate being frustrated. BLAH[/QUOTE]

I actually got lost in all of them (except Fusion), but I did get lost more in Prime (damn 3d map). I hate the format of all the Metroid games (except Fusion): You just wander around aimlessly until you get a new ability or weapon (generally from a boss) and then wander around aimlessly looking for places that require that ability or power, repeat a few times and you've got the whole game.

[quote name='bdgskarulz']In the Prime games, I get way too lost too easily. That makes me frustrated. I love the graphics and the gameplay, but I hate being frustrated. BLAH[/QUOTE]

Yep. And I also hated how I couldn't see where I was jumping and it just lacked the "acrobatic" feel.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I hate the format of all the Metroid games (except Fusion): You just wander around aimlessly until you get a new ability or weapon (generally from a boss) and then wander around aimlessly looking for places that require that ability or power, repeat a few times and you've got the whole game.[/QUOTE]

The idea is that you have encountered those areas that you couldn't get into before, and remember where they are so you can go straight back to them once you get the power you need.

I love this exploration element. Super Metroid is still my all time favorite game.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I actually got lost in all of them (except Fusion), but I did get lost more in Prime (damn 3d map). I hate the format of all the Metroid games (except Fusion): You just wander around aimlessly until you get a new ability or weapon (generally from a boss) and then wander around aimlessly looking for places that require that ability or power, repeat a few times and you've got the whole game.[/quote]

Interesting that the you like the Fusion format the best, cos theres not much exploration or backtracking, when thats the one criticism most people level at it. That it lost the element of exploration, and that 'where do I go next?' feel.

I love all the 2D Metroids (never played the GB one) and I have both Primes, but I never really sat down and played them. I cant say I dont like them cos Ive only spent about an hour or so playing them, but I guess I just dont like the idea of them.

*gasps* then you must play them NOW. Metroid II isnt all that great, I got lost so many times, because absolutley everything looks exactly the same. Everythings grey >_

I loved Metroid Prime 1 but I dont like the tradional Metroid games.

Metroid Prime is the one reason I got hooked into the metroid franchise, then I went back and tried fusion and zero mission, awesome games, its almost as good as Zelda ;)

bread's done
Back