Mexican drug cartels threaten arizona policemen with snipers

The drug cartels are declaring an act of war. At the very least Obama should be having us take a defensive stance against an invasion, otherwise it will eventually become a war.

Anybody who was against the arizona immigration law, try not to bring shit about racism or anything in this topic. It's pretty obvious now why this is being passed, and I'm pretty sure if gunshots by drug cartels were going off outside your window you'd be whining for somebody to save your ass too.

I'm sure glad immigration only started to be a problem within the last six months. That way no other president could have worked on it. Phew.

FoC's statement is so high above the heads in here that it's getting a blowjob on an airplane.

What do you mean by "this" in "this is being passed"?

How many "troops" do you think the drug cartels have?

How often do the drug cartels just start blasting the crap out of a neighborhood with no links to the drug trade?

[quote name='Strell']FoC's statement is so high above the heads in here that it's getting a blowjob on an airplane.[/QUOTE]

Based on me being the world's greatest detective in exchange for oral sex, please use the term batjet.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Which country should we declare war on because a drug cartel is going to kill our policemen?[/QUOTE]
Iran?

Because we all know the guy selling oranges on the freeway onramp is working extra sniping shifts at night. Gotta put them kids through college, right?

"Lower taxes, but build a trillion dollar fence!"
"Fix the oil spill, but privatized industry is superior without governmental involvement!"
"Secure the border, but only the south one!"
"We lose 16 billion a year from illegals not paying taxes, but don't make the rich pay any either!"
"Oil jobs must be conserved, but f*ck you if you're in the tourism or seafood business around the Gulf!"
"F*ck your green agenda, it's only driven by profit and Al Gore!"
"DO SOMETHING, but we'll stop you every step of the way!"

The baby bottle industry must be booming right now.

[quote name='Strell']"Lower taxes, but build a trillion dollar fence!"
"Fix the oil spill, but privatized industry is superior without governmental involvement!"
"Secure the border, but only the south one!"
"We lose 16 billion a year from illegals not paying taxes, but don't make the rich pay any either!"
"Oil jobs must be conserved, but f*ck you if you're in the tourism or seafood business around the Gulf!"
"F*ck your green agenda, it's only driven by profit and Al Gore!"
"DO SOMETHING, but we'll stop you every step of the way!"

The baby bottle industry must be booming right now.[/QUOTE]

:applause: This could have been posted with equal relevance in pretty much any vs. thread. Sticky?

Ironically Obama probably does want to declare war on these guys. It would expand executive power which always seems to be a goal of whomever is in the oval office.

[quote name='depascal22']Because we all know the guy selling oranges on the freeway onramp is working extra sniping shifts at night. Gotta put them kids through college, right?[/QUOTE]

have you ever shot produce with a rifle? Its almost as fun as shooting 6 oz. shasta after you shake it up.

Probably would be good sniper practice as well.

Real men use sledge hammers to destroy produce.

And that's about as on topic as I'm going to be here.

[quote name='camoor']Ironically Obama probably does want to declare war on these guys. It would expand executive power which always seems to be a goal of whomever is in the oval office.[/QUOTE]

I kid you not, when Ron Paul introduced a bill that would have declared war on Iraq, the argument against it was "no, we can't do that, it'll expand Presidential power by too large an amount and change all sorts of rules" (I'm not kidding).

Executive power will be expanded with or without a declaration of war. Especially with Kagan replacing Stevens on the Supreme Court.

[quote name='Clak']Real men use sledge hammers to destroy produce.

And that's about as on topic as I'm going to be here.[/QUOTE]

Gallagher fan?

You know, for all the flack that Jefferson seems to take, he did advocate for a weaker executive. Even as governor of Virgina he had little power.

Wow this thread is wasted here. "we just can't do anything about this", "they arent really serious about sniping", "let's just pretend everything is fine on the southern border", "lets keep the status quo, everyones happy now right?"

Prepare your armies Knoell. We ride at the first light in the morn.

And then Jefferson actually became president and totally went all strong executive.

[quote name='IRHari']Alright AdultLink, explain to me how the Arizona law addresses this situation.[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. We need to declare war on drug cartels on top of the "War on Drugs" and Obama isn't doing that. You know, declaring wars on a group of people with marginal ties to a country.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']No, no, no. We need to declare war on drug cartels on top of the "War on Drugs" and Obama isn't doing that. You know, declaring wars on a group of people with marginal ties to a country.[/QUOTE]

Why are we still talking about declaring war and not the issue at hand?

Your buddy is the one who brought it up:

[quote name='AdultLink']The drug cartels are declaring an act of war. At the very least Obama should be having us take a defensive stance against an invasion, otherwise it will eventually become a war. [/QUOTE]

Again, AdultLink needs to explain how the Arizona law does anything to address the sniper situation. He's the one who thinks its relevant to the situation, he needs to defend that.

[quote name='speedracer']What is the issue?[/QUOTE]

the issue is all these candy ass snipers that do nothing but camp. They should run and gun more and not act like a bunch of noobs. This thread needs to be moved to the BFBC2 boards.

[quote name='IRHari']Again, AdultLink needs to explain how the Arizona law does anything to address the sniper situation. He's the one who thinks its relevant to the situation, he needs to defend that.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, the Arizona law has created a lot of attention for Arizona and has re-focused some attention to the border issues - including likely having a hand in Obama sending some NG troops down there.

But yeah, this law, while I agree with the intent, doesn't really help - making it illegal to be illegal will only stop the ones concerned about breaking the law. People who want to shoot law enforcement officials probably aren't that concerned about breaking the law.

[quote name='Strell']Let the great agreement-by-PM commence.[/QUOTE]

I don't want somebody spamming my private message box I look at every four months or so.

Right UB, but AdultLink defended the passage of the AZ law by pointing to this incident, and....well he hasn't explained what the AZ law can do to address this situation.

[quote name='UncleBob']FWIW, the Arizona law has created a lot of attention for Arizona and has re-focused some attention to the border issues - including likely having a hand in Obama sending some NG troops down there.[/quote]
The National Guard answers to their respective state governor. In order for the National Guard to be used federally, the commander in chief (state governor) must allow it. They can issue an order to station their own NG soldiers wherever they want. They choose not to because it would cost them instead of the feds, so they're begging the feds to take their own soldiers. If it's that important to each state, they can do it themselves.

Shit, that's the whole point of the National Guard.

Duh, didn't you guys know that Arizona cops can ask for your papers if you're rolling around with a .50 caliber sniper rifle now?

This law really put the fear of God into guys that run drugs by shoving them down the throats of poor strawberry pickers.

[quote name='speedracer']What is the issue?[/QUOTE]

The issue is that things are out of control down there. This isn't about the fact that Americans cant go to a part of America, it is about the fact that authorities are telling people not to go into part of the state because its too dangerous and they cannot guarentee our safety. Or are we still just ignoring the problems down there? Again it seems like you guys just like the status quo and everything is fine and dandy down there. How many of you live in one of those border states?

[quote name='speedracer']The National Guard answers to their respective state governor. In order for the National Guard to be used federally, the commander in chief (state governor) must allow it. They can issue an order to station their own NG soldiers wherever they want. They choose not to because it would cost them instead of the feds, so they're begging the feds to take their own soldiers. If it's that important to each state, they can do it themselves.

Shit, that's the whole point of the National Guard.[/QUOTE]
But it's easier/more popular to blame the fed for not doing anything. Especially with many states in budget crunches it's just more economically feasible to pass the buck to the fed.

[quote name='Knoell']The issue is that things are out of control down there. This isn't about the fact that Americans cant go to a part of America, it is about the fact that authorities are telling people not to go into part of the state because its too dangerous and they cannot guarentee our safety. Or are we still just ignoring the problems down there?[/quote]
There is profit to be made by satisfying the market desire for illegal labor and narcotics. Said market providers defend their supply chains with force. If you want stop the problem, you eliminate the black market by legalizing and/or facilitating supply in order to squeeze out illegal profit motive.

Why do our lazy faire market friends suddenly turn drooling big government nutters when we talk about this subject?
Again it seems like you guys just like the status quo and everything is fine and dandy down there. How many of you live in one of those border states?
When grown ups are allowed to actually address the issue, there are easy answers. Until then, we have to put up with the pretending that if a magic unicorn shits out a fence and 18 year olds with guns (because naturally this won't cost tens of billions amirite?), everything will be fine.

I live in a sanctuary city in a border state. Where do you live?

[quote name='Knoell']The issue is that things are out of control down there. This isn't about the fact that Americans cant go to a part of America, it is about the fact that authorities are telling people not to go into part of the state because its too dangerous and they cannot guarentee our safety. Or are we still just ignoring the problems down there? Again it seems like you guys just like the status quo and everything is fine and dandy down there. How many of you live in one of those border states?[/QUOTE]
Don't take this as me saying it's fine that the area is so dangerous, but most large cities have areas where it's unsafe to go, especially after dark. Now, I don't see anyone on the national news complaining that areas of *insert city here* are dangerous. Yet I don't see a lot of difference between that and this, get shot by some drug smuggler or get shot by a gang member, not a lot of difference there.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']the issue is all these candy ass snipers that do nothing but camp. They should run and gun more and not act like a bunch of noobs. This thread needs to be moved to the BFBC2 boards.[/QUOTE]

Nothing like a bit of hedge-trimming in BF:BC2 :twisted:

[quote name='Clak']But it's easier/more popular to blame the fed for not doing anything. Especially with many states in budget crunches it's just more economically feasible to pass the buck to the fed.[/QUOTE]

"Pass the buck" for defending the border to the Fed? Really? Isn't defending the border pretty much one of the main things our Federal Government is supposed to be doing?

[quote name='speedracer']Why do our lazy faire market friends suddenly turn drooling big government nutters when we talk about this subject?[/quote]

That "lazy faire" thing is almost as awesome as "Faux News". Not quite as cool as "M$". Steps above "Barack Hussein Osama" though.

bread's done
Back