MGS 3 Subsistence $8.99 at Fred Meyers

Alternativly then, you can go to www.fredmeyer.com

Look threw their weekly ad section, select the general merchandise section.

In the upper pulldown menu select home electronics, and browse threw the set up and you'll see it eventually.

Yeah, I was thinking of popping up to Fred Meyer to see if I could get this. I doubt it will fly there - but CC might very well price match it. Problem is, they are much further away.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Alternativly then, you can go to www.fredmeyer.com

Look threw their weekly ad section, select the general merchandise section.

In the upper pulldown menu select home electronics, and browse threw the set up and you'll see it eventually.[/QUOTE]
I dont live 200 miles near one of these stores. Could you guys post a pic of the ad, or give me a zip code where you are?

Fred Meyer never hones up their mistakes. Your better off just taking the ad to wal mart from the start and saving some gas.

I'm gonna pick up one of these tonight so i can protect my 3 disc special edition's and leave it sealed.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Fred Meyer never hones up their mistakes. Your better off just taking the ad to wal mart from the start and saving some gas.

I'm gonna pick up one of these tonight so i can protect my 3 disc special edition's and leave it sealed.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. They always pull the "I'll get in trouble" if I honor this ad thing. However, FM is a mere 1/2 mile from my house. The next closest place I could try price matching is Fry's which is 10 miles. The CC's are about 15 miles. I might as well give FM a shot, I need to go up there anyway :lol:.

However, it is NOT worth my time/effort/mental sanity to go to Wal-fucking-mart. I'm not going to a nightmarish, crowded, dirty, out of the way place just to save $20 on a game.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Would love one of these if a fellow CAGer would pick me up one! Shoot me a PM if you can hook me up.[/quote]

I would definitely like a copy of MGS3: Subsistence if its $8.99

I've waited almost two years for MGS3 Subsistance to go down in price.

Sucks that I don't have a Fred Meyer store within light years of where I live.

So my quest continues..... :cry:

I would also pay for the game + shipping + some gas money and/or extra for the game. Please send me a PM if anyone could grab me a copy as well.

Well so far no one has actually reported getting one at Fred Meyer. I'm going up there in a bit so I'll let you all know how it goes. The problem is it is going to be very unlikely to pick up more than one since it will involve asking them to get them out of the case and then having them override the price, which will be very YMMV as it is - no way would I try multiples :rofl:. They might, possibly, allow one, but I'm sure they'd nix 2 or more.

Those budget titles are actually in a open display instead of inside the usual locked display. I saw them yesterday. Arc the Lad: End of Darkness was in there too. No MGS3: Snaker Eater though.

Btw, are Enthusia and Arc the Lad:EoD worth $9 each?

Thanks for the tip. I live by 3 Meijers stores which are all within 5-10 miles from me. I'll get one of them to honor this price.

EDIT: Shit, this is Fred MEYER'S. Thought it was the same as Fred Meijer's. Guess it isn't.

Could someone link to the page with the ad so I can try to PM a CC? I can't get to the page because it asks for my zip code, and there aren't any Meyers in my area. Or just tell me how to get there?

Yeah, me a noob. But thanks anyway :D

[quote name='foofoofiifoo']Could someone link to the page with the ad so I can try to PM a CC? I can't get to the page because it asks for my zip code, and there aren't any Meyers in my area. Or just tell me how to get there?

Yeah, me a noob. But thanks anyway :D[/QUOTE]

Put in 97211

Well, I was able to get one, but it wasn't easy. They only had one and it was locked in the case of course. I asked for it and showed the woman the ad - she said she'd honor it. Then she made some mistake and had to get a manager to override. Then she said the other guy would have to help me - bad news, it's a young guy who knows about games. He points out that it says "Snake Eater" under the picture (which is of Subsistence) and that Snake Eater is really the game on sale. The woman comes to my rescue though as she had told me she'd honor it. So, I did end up getting it - but there's no way I would have gotten more than 1 even if they had them.

I was shocked, however, by their clearance games. For those of you who don't know, Fred Meyer is notorious for having a game clearance by marking an old $49.99 game (that is $20 or less everywhere else) on clearance for $44.99, or a $19.99 game for $17.99. Well, they actually had 2 games: Eye Toy Groove and Catwoman (Xbox) for $1.97. I've never seen a game for less than $10 there before. Plus there's a 20% off clearance thing going on. The best clearance game they had was NCAA '06 for Xbox for $9.97. If that was PS2 I would have gotten it, oh well...

They also had some PC games for $1.97 - several copies of XIII and a few expansion packs (Myst Uru and something else). It is worth checking out other Fred Meyers though - they are all over the place around here.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']hey if someone could pick up a copy for me ill paypal you $15 just shoot me a pm thanks ^_^[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'll pay $15 or trade.

Out of curiousity...since like 10 of us have asked for a copy, will this go in order of who posted first? Because i've been dying to play this game.

I picked one up at the Mill Creek, Wa location. Had to get an override. But it was rather easy. They are out of them now.

I couldn't pick up any extra's, sorry guys.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I picked one up at the Mill Creek, Wa location. Had to get an override. But it was rather easy. They are out of them now.

I couldn't pick up any extra's, sorry guys.[/quote]

*puts stabbing-knife down...* Im just kidding, awesome deal you got there. Im sure the game will come down in price in a few months.

I live really close to the one on Weidler in Portland. I'm gonna go check that out tommorow. If they shoot me down then I'll see if I can go to a Wall Mart. I'll see what I can do from there. This game was a phenominal buy for $30. $8.99 is OUTRAGEOUS.

When you take it to wal mart to price match, bring a poker face. It's in my expierence that if the cashier or CSM reads your face and sees that you might be trying to get away with something, they will turn you done or make it very difficult.

Went to Walmart.
I guess my poker face wasn't good enough. The casheir told me Wal Mart only Price Matches Target and Best Buy. I asked to see where it says that, and he said "We Just Do". I asked for a manager, then I realized I promised to accompany my cousin to the doctor in about...20 minutes from now, so I just left.

I'll try again later, if this works, it'll be AWESOME =D

I checked with store in Everett, they said it's a mistake on the picture in the ad, it should be SNAKE EATER, not Subsistence. The stores are currently correcting the mistake.

Good luck if you get it.

[quote name='dbz4ever']I checked with store in Everett, they said it's a mistake on the picture in the ad, it should be SNAKE EATER, not Subsistence. The stores are currently correcting the mistake.

Good luck if you get it.[/QUOTE]

Take the AD to the new Wal Mart on Highway 99 And Airport Road down there by the jack in the box and Home Depot. They price matched The circuit city clearence games for me (dragonquest 8.) So it might not be too far fetched to think they wouldn't price match this too.

Also, try going during highly busy times as well. The more busy it is, the more likely the cashier won't spend time checking poker face/looking for the ad to be a fake. They'll just call the CSM over to get the deal with and move to the next rounds of customers.

Yeah. I got shot down this morning. They quickly said the ad got the wrong pic but the text was "Snake Eater". Maybe the corporate has already informed the stores of the mistake.

Your best bet is to take the ad to price match somewhere else.

Wow..take about sweating bullets to obtain this game. I left my house around noon and crossed the border into the US and headed to Bellingham and Fred Meyer's there. Upon arriving, I immediately picked up a flyer, just in case I had to make my argument about the price on that game, and headed to the Electronics Section. Once I got the game from the glass box, I proceeded to check-out and acted normally, and upon ringing up 29.99, I told the cashier that the game was on sale for 8.99...she looked at the ad, and called the Electronic Supervisor, who looked at the ad and told me, but it says "Snake Eater" at the bottom, but I told them that the boxcover says differantly. They went to the back of the store and got "Snake Eater" and rang it up and it said "8.99"..She told me that they made a mistake and that it was the wrong game and were going to correct it. They were ready to ring up "Snake Eater" when I told them that the boxcover said "Subsistence", so they called the manager over and after 5 minutes of looking at the ad, they relented and said "We'll ring it up, and immediately he called somebody to say that the ad should be changed or be on the lookout" So after going through hoops to get this baby, in my possession I left all giddy getting a sweet deal and as it turns out, it was the last Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence case..so I got lucky and it worked out in the end. For anybody else trying this, good luck it was a pain and hassle and most likely they know the error and won't honour it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Take the AD to the new Wal Mart on Highway 99 And Airport Road down there by the jack in the box and Home Depot. They price matched The circuit city clearence games for me (dragonquest 8.) So it might not be too far fetched to think they wouldn't price match this too.

Also, try going during highly busy times as well. The more busy it is, the more likely the cashier won't spend time checking poker face/looking for the ad to be a fake. They'll just call the CSM over to get the deal with and move to the next rounds of customers.[/quote]

Thanks, dude, I'll give it a shot after work today.

I got one at Johnson creek today. will try to get another later. worked well. NOTE: Price on Snake Eater is marked at $14.99, rings up at $8.99. Subsistance is $29.99.

EDIT 8/24/6 - Price now scans up at $8.99 for both versions

EDIT 8.24/6:

I've had success at:

Johnson Creek Fred Meyers
Hollywood West (weidler) Fred Meyers
Glisan St Fred Meyers
Gateway Fred Meyers
21st/Burnside Fred Meyers

SE (foster? Holgate?) was out. Everywhere else had only 1 each.

[quote name='A Murder of Crows']I got one at Johnson creek today. will try to get another later. worked well. NOTE: Price on Snake Eater is marked at $14.99, rings up at $8.99. Subsistance is $29.99.[/quote]

if anyone finds an extra of this, i'll flip you straight across for an XBOX Live 12mo pack.

Didn't see any at that anchorage muldoon fred meyer's.
Knew the ad was a mistake once the box art and game name didn't match.

I did see several sports game for all consoles marked down to $1.97. MLB 04 and ESPN Basketball, didnt even seem like picking up just to re-sell.

I just got mine at the Mount Vernon Wal-Mart. Cashier had commented how good of a deal it was, and the 'manager' just looked at the ad and matched up the images, not the text. So yeah, got Subsistance for $9.63

Awesome deal, thanks. :) MGS3 is tied for my favorite game of the generation, but I couldn't resist selling my LE copy for over $100. I'm definitely going to try to price match this at BB sometime, the game deserves a place in the collection.

I have 3 of these left now.

Sold 1 to:

TUrtlekev3 (Pending shipping, 8/24 - 8/25)
Tmorg (Shipped 8/23 - 8/24, Pending Arrival)
SynGamer (Shipped 8/22 - 8/23, Pending Arrival)

Traded 1 to:
allyourblood (Shipped 8/23 - 8/24, Pending Arrival and Trade, 12 month XBL card).

[quote name='eau']Got shot down again at Fred Meyer in Albany.[/QUOTE]

Are they just refusing to ring it up, or what? Because I had an interesting experience yesterday (8/22). On a whim I stopped at a Freddy's and found, again, one single copy in the case. I got the ad, got a cashier, and she pulled it for me. She then said it should be the regular version on sale, not that one. Then she rang it up - it SCANNED at $8.99 this time, NO OVERRIDE necessary. It looks like they possibly "fixed" the system so BOTH games ring up $8.99 now!? Hopefully someone else can see if this is true at another store. This copy is spoken for but I'll see if I can snag more (unfortunately they seem to be in short supply).

The $8.99 endcap sale is actually a pretty good deal anyway. I picked up the GC version of Ty Tasmanian Tiger 3 for the kids there. I got the PS2 version for $0.01 during the CC glitch a few months back, but wanted the GC version to round out the series on the GC. There's a good selection of DS games there too - Pac N Roll, Dig Dug, I think maybe even Pac Man World 3.

bread's done
Back