MGS: Acid Shocker..psp

Eclipse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Wow..nice big shock just came to me. After some new trailers have been released..I just seemed to notice. The games bloody turn based..

oO Holy crap. Thats a direction ive nOT seen taken on MGS games.

No idea how it works..But its an interesting twist.

yeah its card /turn based.

Most people havent caught on to this yet and most likely will be dissappointed initially. But its old news...

I'm just disappointed that MGS games continue to be released. Stealth sucks, and turn based stealth sounds somehow worse

Have articles really downplayed the whole turn-based aspect of this game? I thought it has been known for some time now that it's a card based strategy game...

[quote name='jetblac']What does it mean: Card Based?[/quote]
I think it means that cards will correspond to actions you'd be able to do in the real game, like shoot or use an item. So if you wanted to sneak up on a guy and kill him you would have to play the appropriate cards. I could be wrong though.

Basicly it's Pokemon Metal Gear. Actually, it will be just like PSO Ep. 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution. Either way, it's stupid.

I personally like the gameplay of MGS Acid. I greatly prefer turn based oriented games over action oriented games anyday of the week. I definitely plan to buy MGS: Acid with my PSP and I'll love it.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='jetblac']What does it mean: Card Based?[/quote]
I think it means that cards will correspond to actions you'd be able to do in the real game, like shoot or use an item. So if you wanted to sneak up on a guy and kill him you would have to play the appropriate cards. I could be wrong though.[/quote]

Nope, you’re right. The cards grant specific actions, want to knock on a wall to divert a guard away from a door -play the correct card, assuming you have it. Half the challenge comes from knowing what to do with the cards you have. I've never played a "real" card game (Magic, etc.) in my life, but I was hooked like crack-rock to Card Fighters Clash for Neo Geo Pocket Color. The fact that this game is in a somewhat similar vein but in a Metal Gear setting -with an all new story, makes it all that much more boss.

While not everyone's cup of tea, I'm soooo there.

I just don't understand why they couldn't give people a normal MGS that they are wanting. It doesn't matter either way, though because I won't be getting a PSP until it's selling for $45 in 2008.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I just don't understand why they couldn't give people a normal MGS that they are wanting.[/quote]

Personally I think that's what MGS 3 is for. I give major kudos to Kojima and crew for trying something different with an established franchise.

[quote name='RisingZan'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']I just don't understand why they couldn't give people a normal MGS that they are wanting.[/quote]

Personally I think that's what MGS 3 is for. I give major kudos to Kojima and crew for trying something different with an established franchise.[/quote]

:applause:

mgs on a cared'esque turn based system will surely be sweet.. =) Better to be optimistic about new directions being taken.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='RisingZan'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']I just don't understand why they couldn't give people a normal MGS that they are wanting.[/quote]

Personally I think that's what MGS 3 is for. I give major kudos to Kojima and crew for trying something different with an established franchise.[/quote]

:applause:[/quote]

:applause:

I for one think this could work. It worked for Risk. So you need cards for actions, big whoop. it's an intersting new idea, and a plausible one. i'm looking foward to Ac!d.

[quote name='DenisDFat']I'm just disappointed that MGS games continue to be released. Stealth sucks, and turn based stealth sounds somehow worse[/quote]

We know that you hate it, man. It's in your sig.

hideo kojima and the normal metal gear crew are not working on it, its a group of young guys at konami. they are just using his characters for the game, but im sure it wil still be good

think of it this way: It's a portable system, sometime you need to time judge what consumers will accept on it and turn based strategy games are an easy choice for portable systems.

[quote name='jetblac']What does it mean: Card Based?[/quote]

It means more Yugi-oh type crap that hopefully will NOT ruin a pretty Metal Gear game.

bread's done
Back