MGS: Ground Zeroes- $24.99 all platforms (best buy and amazon)

Eh... screw konami. Worse than Activision with this shit. Waiting for $10 and less and especially used.

There are videos showing how you could theoretically beat the game in 10 mins. Yeah, this can wait. It'll be in every dump bin soon.
Desperate but disgusting conduct by Konami. Don't see how anyone can support it. Then again there were people who supported Xbone's Drm policies from a year a go so anything's possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
After my first playthrough, I'd say that $10-15 is a more appropriate price point. It's exactly like the intro missions from all the other MGS games.

[SIZE=medium]20 dollars should have been the sweet spot for this game across the board but there is easily enough content to justify the initial 30 dollar price tag on the PS4. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Granted, YMMV depending on your affinity for the franchise or you willingness to mine this game for a deeper experience but those who opt to explore those nuances will get their value out of this endeavor, generally speaking. [/SIZE]

You can easily get 10 hours of playtime out of this game.  $10-20 is probably a better price for this game but I would never call it a glorified demo as so many people have latched onto.

Well he quickly showed that he's just a troll. He will get banned sooner or later.
You people are way too sensitive. We are suppose to be "cheap ass gamer" and yet a 1 hour $20+ demo is suppose to be a deal? Besides, NBA Live deals get the same criticism from me and everyone else here yet no one cries there like they are here. Why is that?

You people are way too sensitive. We are suppose to be "cheap ass gamer" and yet a 1 hour $20+ demo is suppose to be a deal? Besides, NBA Live deals get the same criticism from me and everyone else here yet no one cries there like they are here. Why is that?
While the name may be CHEAPassgamer, that is not what this website's community is truly about. If you really bothered to look past just the deals that are posted this community is one of the best I have found on the internet and it is simply a group of individuals trying to help EVERYONE get the best deals. Countless times I have gone well out of my way to be sure a fellow CAG could get something and the same has been done for me by random CAGs many times.

The fact that you are so close minded and spouted false facts is annoying. The fact that you specifically said,

"I am not going to go out on my way and post proof just to save you $25"

is why we are truly all upset with you. Or at least why I am and I am sure others would agree. Do not come here for just the deals and to troll, there are plenty of other sites for that kind of crap.

So again, please get a better attitude or see your way out. You have already had your DEMO of CAG, make up your mind if you think you should stay or not.

On that note, is it weird to be a big MGS fan and only like Assassin's Creed 1?
I haven't played part 1 but I heard how part 2 was so much better than part 1 so the only ones that I've played all the way through completion are parts 2 and 3. They're okay. I've heard great things about part 4 so that's in my backlog. I skipped all of the Ezio installments in between 2 and 3 since it just seemed too repetitive for my taste.

No one's criticizing you for your opinion on deals. We're mad at you because you stated a fact that you didn't even bother to back up when asked, and disregarded it when called out on it.

Does this game come with a code for anything, or is it safe to buy used?
No codes, unless you count the Konami Core code for points on their site.

played this game. its fun. took me a good while to S-rank a few missions. I would say the total amount of time i've spent on this game is about 5 hours....maybe 6. 

Do NOT buy this. I rented this and it is definitely a game demo at best. I can say that if this was released as a demo people would be praising them and eagerly awaiting the final release, but they decided to charge you for a demo and that is pretty screwed up. Yeah you can argue that if you go slow and sneak around like I did it can take you like 3 hours to go around but that is all it has. If you go directly at the mission objective, this is an incredibly short game (less than an hour and we aren't talking a speed run). As soon as you "complete" the mission it's over. This ends where almost every game just starts. This is a game I can see them giving away for free right before the release of the next game on PS+ just because it is a demo. You can buy it if you want but you will regret it as soon as you complete the mission, because that's what it is a single mission. This is shorter than the demo included free with a game for MGS2 on PS2. And content wise, almost every other PC game demo is longer than this game. It's barely worth $10 and most definitely not worth $25 or more.

Do NOT buy this. I rented this and it is definitely a game demo at best. I can say that if this was released as a demo people would be praising them and eagerly awaiting the final release, but they decided to charge you for a demo and that is pretty screwed up. Yeah you can argue that if you go slow and sneak around like I did it can take you like 3 hours to go around but that is all it has. If you go directly at the mission objective, this is an incredibly short game (less than an hour and we aren't talking a speed run). As soon as you "complete" the mission it's over. This ends where almost every game just starts. This is a game I can see them giving away for free right before the release of the next game on PS+ just because it is a demo. You can buy it if you want but you will regret it as soon as you complete the mission, because that's what it is a single mission. This is shorter than the demo included free with a game for MGS2 on PS2. And content wise, almost every other PC game demo is longer than this game. It's barely worth $10 and most definitely not worth $25 or more.
The graphics look great but I'm definitely waiting until the rest of MGS V comes out before I think about picking up Ground Zeroes. I have a strong sense I'll be able to pick up Ground Zeroes + PP for $60 one way or another.

If PS4 was my only console and I was desperate for something to play then I'd probably pick this up now but I really don't see the point in playing through it this far in advance of Phantom Pain when it seems like a price drop/bundle is inevitable.

imo just rent the game and save your money. put it towards watchdogs or mario cart lol. i cant support anyone paying this much for this as its going to encourage publishers like ea to abuse it. remember what that infamous oblivion horse armor started

The game lasts longer if you put on your Kojima glasses, presumably with your head stuck up your ass.

All of this is true, especially if you don't play any of the 4 side missions, the Jamais Vu or Dejas Vu Ops, ignore the hidden items and bonus challenges, skip the Trophy/Achievement-based objectives, and are just fine playing through the Main Op by following a youtube video.

Except for those things, there's barely anything to do in the game.

All of this is true, especially if you don't play any of the 4 side missions, the Jamais Vu or Dejas Vu Ops, ignore the hidden items and bonus challenges, skip the Trophy/Achievement-based objectives, and are just fine playing through the Main Op by following a youtube video.

Except for those things, there's barely anything to do in the game.
Yes, there is some extra crap tacked on to this demo to try and justify the price tag. I beat the game in an hour, haven't played an MSG game since PS2 either so I'm hardly a pro at them and didn't look up a youtube video and honestly didn't go straight for the objective either. It was boring, lame and in my opinion it looked like a game from early in the 360/PS3 life span. Playing the main game/mission left me with no desire to run around in the non-story related side-missions.

Demo Debate solved:

Compared to today's $60 games, $15 titles, and $20 season passes, there is enough side content to be monetarily equivalent to what you might expect from a DLC drop of similar price.

Back in the day, game demos used to come with about this much content (see BF1942, UT2k4, shaqfu'ing Kingpin) and shareware games used to come with even more (Doom, Commander Keen, etc). This would then be used to garner 'loyalty' to buy the full product (and function as a technical test to see if the game functioned on your system). This has proven to be less effective and generally results in less money for the studio, which is why demos don't exist anymore.

The reason for the 'debate' is that MGS2 had one of the last great demos (with Crackdown maybe being the last).  There are still a fair number of MGS fans that remember this, so it stings to see the new economy when the old method had earned our loyalty: now disregarded.

If you think this is bad, just wait until all the current 6 year olds are 16, and the app store economy becomes both the expectation by them (this is how games work), and they'll potentially make up a large enough ratio of the target population to make it profitable to forego us.

Yes, there is some extra crap tacked on to this demo to try and justify the price tag. I beat the game in an hour, haven't played an MSG game since PS2 either so I'm hardly a pro at them and didn't look up a youtube video and honestly didn't go straight for the objective either. It was boring, lame and in my opinion it looked like a game from early in the 360/PS3 life span. Playing the main game/mission left me with no desire to run around in the non-story related side-missions.
I'll certainly concede the main story is laughably short, and more or less pointless IMO. But I just want to reiterate that the game is supposed to be a sampler plate (all components included) not just something you grab the single spring-roll off of and complain there aren't any more spring-rolls when you've eaten the only one. You didn't care for it, that's fine and I'm sorry to hear that, but saying "it looked like a game from early in the 360/ps3 life span"? That's a questionable statement.

Demo Debate solved:

Compared to today's $60 games, $15 titles, and $20 season passes, there is enough side content to be monetarily equivalent to what you might expect from a DLC drop of similar price.

Back in the day, game demos used to come with about this much content (see BF1942, UT2k4, shaqfu'ing Kingpin) and shareware games used to come with even more (Doom, Commander Keen, etc). This would then be used to garner 'loyalty' to buy the full product (and function as a technical test to see if the game functioned on your system). This has proven to be less effective and generally results in less money for the studio, which is why demos don't exist anymore.

The reason for the 'debate' is that MGS2 had one of the last great demos (with Crackdown maybe being the last). There are still a fair number of MGS fans that remember this, so it stings to see the new economy when the old method had earned our loyalty: now disregarded.

If you think this is bad, just wait until all the current 6 year olds are 16, and the app store economy becomes both the expectation by them (this is how games work), and they'll potentially make up a large enough ratio of the target population to make it profitable to forego us.
This man speaks logical prophecy. A CAG Nostradamus!

I remember paying $50 for the MGS2 demo. Came with some weird free game about robots. Don't really remember. 

i sill cant believe that people have paid 20$ for this. imma rent it out from gamestop and beat it tomorow. if anything its a nice warm up for phantom pain :D

I remember when these kind of demos used to be FREE and included with playstation magazine and Xbox Magazine wrapped in the clear bags available through mail subscription based or even going to the local grocery store getting the magazines only when it included a demo I wanted to try.

i sill cant believe that people have paid 20$ for this. imma rent it out from gamestop and beat it tomorow. if anything its a nice warm up for phantom pain :D
I have seen speed runs for this game that took 10 minutes where all cut scenes were skipped.

It took me 4+ hours to finish the main story since I took my time. I didn't even finish all the extra missions to collect things in the game. People have said 100% completion runs would take 20+ hours. I paid $20 for the PS3 download version and it's worth every penny to me.

bread's done
Back