MGS:HD or Deus Ex?

emokid9963

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure which game to get. I loved MGS 2, 3, and PW. But idk if they are worth playing again. I was looking at Deus Ex and it actually reminds me of MGS. Which would you guys recommend? Thanks to all the give me some feedback!

Depends, I have the collection and love it but I have also heard some good things about Deus Ex, however, I have also heard it has a lot of problems like awful AI. It all depends on you, if you haven't played MGS in a while, I'd go with that, since the nostalgia will just eat you alive. Deus Ex is also a great option though.

[quote name='Kylearan']If you've already played MGS 2, 3 and PW, but haven't played Deus Ex, that makes it a pretty easy decision, no?[/QUOTE]

Well not really. Because MGS is a fantastic series, and maybe I want to relive that. But if Deus Ex does a good job of replacing MGS I would rather play that.

[quote name='Foxx']Depends, I have the collection and love it but I have also heard some good things about Deus Ex, however, I have also heard it has a lot of problems like awful AI. It all depends on you, if you haven't played MGS in a while, I'd go with that, since the nostalgia will just eat you alive. Deus Ex is also a great option though.[/QUOTE]

Well the last time I played MGS 2 or 3 was like '05 or '06. So maybe it is time to play them again. I also heard about Deus Ex AI problems..... Maybe I should pass on it.

[quote name='emokid9963']Well the last time I played MGS 2 or 3 was like '05 or '06. So maybe it is time to play them again. I also heard about Deus Ex AI problems..... Maybe I should pass on it.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely get them again then.

Honestly the AI isn't that far off from what you get in MGS. I'm a HUGE fan of the Solid franchise, but if you've played them all already, you owe it to yourself to try Deus Ex. Despite it's shortcomings, it's a very solid title. Just get ready for some poorly executed boss fights (they were literally outsourced), but really great stealth and art direction.

My advice for the game is to always carry a lethal weapon (you can play through lethal or non lethal, but bosses can only be killed. The game's not good about letting you know though.)

I put off Gears 3, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, Batman: Arkham City, Driver: San Francisco, Vanquish, Portal 2, Battlefield 3, and Borderlands GOTY just for a second run at Deus Ex. It's so damn good.

[quote name='Blabadon']I put off Gears 3, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, Batman: Arkham City, Driver: San Francisco, Vanquish, Portal 2, Battlefield 3, and Borderlands GOTY just for a second run at Deus Ex. It's so damn good.[/QUOTE]
Damn I gotta try this game then

I felt that it started it off slowly and the only choices you would get is sneaking past guards or shooting them. Then I realized that's not true at all. Instead of these methods, get some strength augs, a jumping aug, move a vending machine in a convenient location, jump on top of it, and then jump to the second floor which had stairs to get up to it, but those stairs were around the guards.
I really found out how much of an impact your decisions had early on in the game, but that would be a pretty decent-sized spoiler. Chances are, you won't even discover what I did, but I'll type it anyways.
The boss had told me to get to the company's warehouse to save these hostages and recover something. However, I needed to meet up with this scientist first. It was my first time in the building, so I took my good time exploring and talking to people. The boss kept telling me to hurry up from the helipad, but I kept on exploring. Finally, I went to the helipad where the boss was and we went en route to the factory. When I was there, there were several SWAT members who had been waiting for me to arrive, but couldn't go in because my boss said so. They told me had I arrived earlier, the hostages would be alive. Lo and behold, I went in and finally reached all the dead hostages. I assumed this was all part of the story and was dandy and all. I, in real life, began looking at YouTube videos of the section and found out indeed, had you arrived earlier, the hostages could have been saved, and the people around me would not have hated me (the protagonist) so much. I don't know about you guys, but this is when I realized that gaming truly took a step forward and doesn't stop when you do necessarily.

Both are kickass games. MGS was excellent to replay and Dues Ex is one of my favorite games this gen.

Blabadon, your spoiler is dead on for the type of experience that Dues Ex offers.

I wouldn't look at DX:HR as a replacement for MGS, they have some similarities but are very different. If you haven't played DX it's definitely worth it's price.

bread's done
Back