MGS: Legacy collection back in stock (amazon) (in stock)

MSRP but much better than the $110 they were going for new. EDIT: Goes in and out of stock constantly.  I bought one and it's currently preparing to be shipped, so they definitely have units.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397069582&sr=8-1&keywords=mgs+legacy+collection

Edit: Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its back for who knows how long. I hit refresh, it said in stock so I did a fast checkout.

Im picturing someone sitting in an office with his friends saying "Watch how fast I make these fuckers place orders when I put it back in stock for 90 seconds then take it back out".

So is this rare or something? Because my local Hastings about two blocks from my house has several of these in stock brand new. I never even thought it may be hard to come by or something.

got an order in like 3 hours ago, what are the chances I actually get one? I think I would just hold on to it for awhile if the value is going to skyrocket.

I ordered and cancelled 4 times now. Damn that impulse purchase.

(I already own ps2 essential collection, 360 hd collection and mgs twin snake.)

So is this rare or something? Because my local Hastings about two blocks from my house has several of these in stock brand new. I never even thought it may be hard to come by or something.
It looks like they're being reprinted, so not really. The value for new is shooting up because of resellers and the used vouchers.

got an order in like 3 hours ago, what are the chances I actually get one? I think I would just hold on to it for awhile if the value is going to skyrocket.
Why?

It looks like they're being reprinted, so not really. The value for new is shooting up because of resellers and the used vouchers.

Why?
wheres the indication of a reprint?

I am a big MGS fan, but I'm also a student without a lot of cash, so if people are going to be willing to pay like $100+ for them, I'd gladly sell. If not I'd just keep it. If theres a good chance of a reprint I might just cancel and wait for those.

wheres the indication of a reprint?

I am a big MGS fan, but I'm also a student without a lot of cash, so if people are going to be willing to pay like $100+ for them, I'd gladly sell. If not I'd just keep it. If theres a good chance of a reprint I might just cancel and wait for those.
How about getting a job?

Amazon doesn't relist items that they didn't have in stock for weeks without having a supplier.

Then just do that instead of wondering if you should take a deal from someone who wants it so you could make money off it. Help make a better society.
don't make assumptions about a stranger's economic situation. Help make a better society.

Just noticed eta of my order changed from 4/16 to 4/14 I have Prime. So seems like they are planning to ship tomorrow.

It's hard to say at this point. It looked like it was going to be rare with months of above MSRP prices on eBay, but if this is a reprint, the value could plummet to well below $50. Other games that were rare in the past like Okamiden and Rune Factory Tides of Destiny had such a large reprint that they're now selling for $15 or less.

Last edited:
Thanks Op. I was pissed that I missed this earlier today. Glad it's back.

I was waiting for a price drop before. Didn't expect it would be oos very quickly.

I may end up with two of these. I wasn't certain about receiving my original order from Nebraska Furniture Mart, being that my estimated ship date falls after my delivery estimate    0_0  :pray:

What is the difference between back-ordered and temporarily out of stock? I think there is a third one they use when they don't know if they will get more in.

Can still order it now. Could do the 999 thing in my cart. Gonna guess a reprint since it is still available. Good for people who want to play it, going to be rough if people are trying to eBay it.

Ordered 2 last night, both are Preparing for Shipment. Yeah!

And once again, it's no longer available from Amazon. I'm sure it will be back soon.

I managed to get one right as they went out of stock again. Do like I did and keep refreshing the page and it should pop up once it's in stock.

Ordered one last night. Remembered I had all the games and cancelled it. Woke up this morning. Wondered if the digital graphic novels were able to be played on a regular bluray player. At least one Amazon review said they could be. Which is awesome if anyone wants to confirm it being true. Remembered that MGS 4 is the trophy edition. Remembered I'd get digital version of MGS1 and VR missions (perfect for the vita). Also remembered about the artbook. 

Meh. Re-ordered. Only time will tell if it stays that way. 

How is you flipping making a better society? Sounds like you are contributing to the downfall and stepping on of others. Just saying.
The little money he makes from flipping is going to be re-spent very quickly. Downfall of others, not so much because its a video game. Stepping on others, yes, you could probably make a case for that.

That being said, yes, leave it for people that actually want it.

LOLZ... had it in my cart and it disappeared.
Same here. I got all the way to clicking checkout and I got an error saying that the item was no longer available. Why couldn't I see this earlier!!??!? I recently just bought MSG 4 for $3 on ebay, I wanted to replay the whole series again to play the new one.

Like others have said its worth checking out best buy or any local retailers for some, I found one this morning for $30 at a best buy in Atlanta, even though I can't find a listing for it on their site.

bread's done
Back