MGS: Legacy collection back in stock (amazon) (in stock)

MSRP but much better than the $110 they were going for new. EDIT: Goes in and out of stock constantly.  I bought one and it's currently preparing to be shipped, so they definitely have units.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397069582&sr=8-1&keywords=mgs+legacy+collection

Edit: Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
with some store credit i was able to get a used copy at GS, no artbook though.

cant complain though, it only ended up costing me $4.

with no intentions of reselling, i wish it did come with the artbook as i like my collection complete, so hopefully i can find one.

Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire. I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes. I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.
There isn't an expiration code listed but when I emailed Konami they said to redeem asap just in case. Idk if you'd have recourse if you aren't able to dl in the future since no expiration is listed.

If he holds on to it for a while i would guess he could
It's still a gamble. When rare games get a reprint, sometimes they print a greater amount than what's demanded and then the resellers try to clear their inventory and drive the price way down. Happened with Okamiden which was another rare game at one point.

Last edited:
to those who got their game from amazon, does the code for mgs1 still work? I saw somewhere that they expired.
For what it's worth, the code worked for me. I literally just opened the copy I received on Friday and am downloading it now. I guess some people were just really unlucky.

It's still a gamble. When rare games get a reprint, sometimes they print a greater amount than what's demanded and then the resellers try to clear their inventory and drive the price way down. Happened with Okamiden which was another rare game at one point.
exactly just like what happened with rune factory 4, kingdom hearts 3d and fire emblem awakening which all got reprints and prices fell greatly

Oh wow, I totally forgot that the HD collection contains Peace Walker HD! 

Now I need to decide if I want to open my UK exclusive HD Collection CE or play the PSP version...

…who am I kidding? This is CAG, so it'll probably stay in backlog-hell until at least Phantom Pain comes out!

Just grabbed:

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection $49.99
Zone of the Enders HD Collection $13.78
Thanks!

What would be the difference?
To people who simply want the game to play it, nothing.

To people jumping on this because they're afraid it'll never hit a reasonable price again, it means that they needn't have picked it up just yet as a reprint means that more stock could eventually drive the price below the MSRP.

To people scalping to cut a profit, it means they will maybe lose money on a potential flip. Which is good. Scalpers are garbage.

EDIT: Sometimes reprints come with slightly different packaging. They also sometimes come with cheaper quality graphics in the booklets (color becomes black and white) or on the discs. Also, there have been times where the booklets get printed with cheaper thinner paper. Those things aren't really a concern for this set because of how cheap those aforementioned things already are in the Legacy set. Something more worrisome is the potential loss of the artbook or slipcover. Though, I'd be surprised if this were the case. The artbook seems to be a big (and advertised) part of the set and the slipcover helps to hold it in place on store shelves.

To people who simply want the game to play it, nothing.

To people jumping on this because they're afraid it'll never hit a reasonable price again, it means that they needn't have picked it up just yet as a reprint means that more stock could eventually drive the price below the MSRP.

To people scalping to cut a profit, it means they will maybe lose money on a potential flip. Which is good. Scalpers are garbage.

EDIT: Sometimes reprints come with slightly different packaging. They also sometimes come with cheaper quality graphics in the booklets (color becomes black and white) or on the discs. Also, there have been times where the booklets get printed with cheaper thinner paper. Those things aren't really a concern for this set because of how cheap those aforementioned things already are in the Legacy set. Something more worrisome is the potential loss of the artbook or slipcover. Though, I'd be surprised if this were the case. The artbook seems to be a big (and advertised) part of the set and the slipcover helps to hold it in place on store shelves.
the reprint of this is exacty the same no differences

Damn I really wanted the digital download versions of MGS and VR missions but I have the HD collection on 360 and MGS4 on ps3. If anyone wants to make a few bucks and sell me their codes hit me up. 

I kept waffling on whether to pick it up but I haven't played a Metal Gear game since MGS on PS1. I felt it was time to play the rest of them.

Mine should be arriving today; placed the order Saturday. Just more to add to the backlog (I didnt want to miss it, and then be forced to pay out the wazoo when i want this colllection). 

Anyone who ordered from Nebraska Furniture Mart get their copy yet?
Nope. No order update. No shipping confirmation. No nothing. My patience is wearing really thin with them.

The safety copy I ordered from Amazon has now "been handed off to your local postal carrier" according to a text I just got. That's fucking great. Unless its in a cardboard box, they'll beat it to shit trying to stuff it in my mail box. No way that'll arrive in collection condition.

Nope. No order update. No shipping confirmation. No nothing. My patience is wearing really thin with them.

The safety copy I ordered from Amazon has now "been handed off to your local postal carrier" according to a text I just got. That's fucking great. Unless its in a cardboard box, they'll beat it to shit trying to stuff it in my mail box. No way that'll arrive in collection condition.
I contacted their customer service and this is what they said to me:

10:33:23 [Elizabeth] Thank you for choosing NFM. My name is Elizabeth . How can I assist you today?
10:34:22 [Me] I am trying to track the status of an online order placed March 27
10:35:59 [Me] I am unable to find a way to track it online. I originally checked out as a guest and there seems to be no way to track it without registering for an account.
10:37:31 [Me] So I signed up for an account this morning -- but was still unable to track the order,
10:38:03 [Elizabeth] I'm sorry for the trouble I'd be glad to look it up and see what I can find out for you. Please verify your last name, address and phone number.
10:38:25 [Me] Order # xxxxxxxxxx
10:38:54 [Me] (Personal Info)
10:40:54 [Elizabeth] Perfect, thank you. The system is showing we are still waiting for the Metal Gear Solid PS3 game to arrive at the warehouse and it currently has an approximate arrival of 4/25/14
10:42:13 [Me] When I placed the order, the estimated arrival was 4/3/14. Why the delay?
10:43:03 [Elizabeth] I'm sorry for the inconvenience the game is on back order from the manufacturer.
10:45:39 [Me] An email to that effect would have been helpful once the delay was known. In future, if I need to track this order, will I be able to access it from the online account I made today?
10:49:02 [Elizabeth] Definitely there was an alert to notify you of the delay on 4/8 and I'm sorry you were not notified sooner unfortunately your order will not appear on your online account until after it has shipped but you can through web chat or at 1-800-359-1200 for more information.
10:50:32 [Me] While I did receive an order confirmation, there was no subsequent alert sent to my email address.
10:51:30 [Me] Please resend it.
10:53:04 [Elizabeth] I'm sorry I don't have access to email the online system sends. Would you like us to email a copy of your receipt?
10:55:17 [Me] No, I have that already. I am concerned now that I will not receive a shipping notification. I guess I will have to wait and see
10:56:04 [Me] Thank you for your time.
10:56:37 [Elizabeth] Absolutely. Is there anything else I can do for you right now?
10:56:55 [Me] No, thank you.
Looks like this earliest will be very late April.

I contacted their customer service and this is what they said to me:

Looks like this earliest will be very late April.
fuck As long as my Amazon order is in decent shape, I'm going to chat up these Nebraska people and cancel it. No more orders with Ma and Pa kettle for me.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my NFM order at this point. People who were lucky enough to order it from Amazon are close to getting it already, while I'm just sitting here waiting for them to freaking SHIP IT. It's bad enough they already took my money, but I can't even order a copy from Amazon at MSRP if I cancel the NFM order!

This is freaking stupid.

After 2 weeks with no update on my Nebraska Furniture Mart order, I emailed their CS and asked them to cancel the order.

No joke, the lady completely ignored the request and said the game would be shipped the next day. It was kinda frustrating since I ordered another from Amazon, but she was correct, mine shipped on Friday.

After 2 weeks with no update on my Nebraska Furniture Mart order, I emailed their CS and asked them to cancel the order.

No joke, the lady completely ignored the request and said the game would be shipped the next day. It was kinda frustrating since I ordered another from Amazon, but she was correct, mine shipped on Friday.
You got a shipping confirmation email?

Edit: I just called the automated and got the same April 25th bullshit.

Checked my Amazon order, which showed I got it a day early. Went to the mail box and sure enough, they jammed that fucking mailer in the box to make it fit, but, surprisingly, it's in good condition.

About to get on with Nebraska and cancel the other.

It sound like nfm did get a shipment in but there were more orders then the amount of game ordered which would explain a 2nd shipment arriving which also confirm this is a reprint

You'd think they would want to keep this collection in circulation. I was lucky enough to get mine from Amazon last week.

My chat transcript from a moment ago.

15:04:50 [Risa] Thank you for choosing NFM. My name is Risa . How can I assist you today?
15:05:18 [Steven] Hi Risa, I'd like to cancel an order I placed.
15:05:41 [Risa] Hello Steven! I would be happy to look into this for you. Please verify your last name, address and phone number.
15:06:38 [Steven] *personal info*
15:07:15 [Risa] Thank you. One moment please.
15:08:22 [Risa] Is this regarding the Metal Gear Sold Legacy Collection?
15:08:34 [Steven] That's correct.
15:08:42 [Risa] What is the reason for canceling?
15:09:58 [Steven] I was originally told it would be shipped by April 13th or thereabouts and now according to the automated line, it's been pushed back to April 25th. I've now made other arrangements to buy it elsewhere.
15:11:31 [Risa] I have that canceled for you.  The credit should be placed back on your card within 3-5 business days. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
15:11:59 [Steven] No. That's all I had. Thank you very much Risa. I appreciate your help.
15:12:12 [Risa] My pleasure. :) Thank you for your business! Click us again if there is anything else we can do!

Not too bad. Now just to wait until I see some refund action.

bread's done
Back