Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
premium version
mgs2_qjpreviewth.jpg

normal version
mgs1_qjpreviewth.jpg

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Limited-Edition-MGS-Portable-Ops-PSP-packs/pg/49/aid/71171

Last month, we told you about MGS Portable Ops PSP bundles being showed off at TGS and how there have even been pre-order promotions at EB and Gamespot. And as an update to those articles, we now have the details on when this sweee-heeet little bundle of (violent) joy will be released.

Apparently there are two (two!) limited edition packages of Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops packages scheduled for release in Japan this year; the premium package (the one on the right) and another one from Konami itself, dubbed as the KonamiStyle package. Both packages will include a camouflage-sporting PSP, the game, and a set of three MGS pins.

This game is the reason I'll be getting a PSP. If they bring these bundles to North America, it's just further incentive for me. :D

The premium will cost $322. And the "normal" version will be $237.

Pretty fucking expensive, but I guess it's alright if you were in the market for a new PSP.

I'm not sure I'd want a PSP with a perminent camo face. Either way, this game is going to rock. I only wish they would give out more info about it (like how long it is or what locations you'll be in).

I don't see how you guys can say this is expensive. Granted the "premium" one is (and imo not worth it), but the normal one is actually a good value for something that is limited edition.

Last time I checked, the regular price for psp's is 199 and the MGS game will retail for $39. So if that reported $237 price tag holds, this is a deal.

I probably would import one myself if only that rumor of a redesigned psp didn't surface...

Like always, these are Japan only. Wish we could get these special bundle package deals here. I saw NCSX recently put up the "normal" verison bundle for preorder for $305.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']I don't see how you guys can say this is expensive. Granted the "premium" one is (and imo not worth it), but the normal one is actually a good value for something that is limited edition.

Last time I checked, the regular price for psp's is 199 and the MGS game will retail for $39. So if that reported $237 price tag holds, this is a deal.

I probably would import one myself if only that rumor of a redesigned psp didn't surface...[/quote]
Both are expensive. What you fail to calculate, is that these two bundles are exclusive to Japan.

So unless you live there, it's going to cost you an arm and a leg to import it. The "normal" version that you claim is a deal is currently $349.99 via http://www.play-asia.com

I see, thanks for the clarification guys. I assumed the prices you originally quoted were the import prices. In that case, definitely not a deal.

bread's done
Back