MGS: Peace Walker Collector's Edition - $49.99 at GS

[quote name='Fatbot3']I gotta say, that is really cool. Even more pleasant was seeing that a PSP 2000 still goes for 70-100 on ebay.

Now the only question is, should I keep the 2000 for it's "different" screen? Most people seem to say the 3000 is better I believe I remember an IGN video that said it was actually worse.[/QUOTE]

Kotaku covered it for a while

http://kotaku.com/5066849/sony-has-no-plans-to-fix-new-psp-display-problems

I actually traded in mine from the Daxter bundle about 5 years ago. Got $100 after the promo for credit towards the BB bundle. Not bad at all IMO.

[quote name='destro4eva']I don't think there is THAT much difference b/t the 2000 & 3000 myself. There is a big jump from the original Phat model 1000 to the 2000/3000 though.

I like my 2000 a bit better for the screen than the 3000, but like the 3000 too because of Skype & other things.

http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/4785[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

Probably wrong place to add this but I don't think making a new thread on a separate thread is necessary. I'm going to the HK signing at Best Buy later tonight and I got the LE. Imma try to get him to sign it but I really have no intentions of opening up the game either. Do you think it's worth more to have it signed AND sealed or just open it and have him sign the cover of the LE box?

[quote name='Miro']Probably wrong place to add this but I don't think making a new thread on a separate thread is necessary. I'm going to the HK signing at Best Buy later tonight and I got the LE. Imma try to get him to sign it but I really have no intentions of opening up the game either. Do you think it's worth more to have it signed AND sealed or just open it and have him sign the cover of the LE box?[/QUOTE]
Sealed and signed IMHO. He'll probably have Sharpies to do this.

[quote name='Vader582']Sealed and signed IMHO. He'll probably have Sharpies to do this.[/QUOTE]

Won't it rub off of the plastic though?

[quote name='Miro']Probably wrong place to add this but I don't think making a new thread on a separate thread is necessary. I'm going to the HK signing at Best Buy later tonight and I got the LE. Imma try to get him to sign it but I really have no intentions of opening up the game either. Do you think it's worth more to have it signed AND sealed or just open it and have him sign the cover of the LE box?[/QUOTE]

I think I'll try to get him to sign my Big Boss Bundle, but most of the box is black so I'll need to figure out where he can sign it.

I think I'll try to get him to sign my Big Boss Bundle, but most of the box is black so I'll need to figure out where he can sign it.

I was gonna do this but didn't have time to make the trip to NYC. I suggest going to staples and buying a silver marker and having him sign the black box with that, although those markers tend to be not-so-permanent (silver rubs off over time).

As for signing a sealed LE, I think it's ridiculous, if I were him I would see it as an affront, since it makes it look like all you care about is keeping it in mint condition so you can unload it later on. Just my two cents.

[quote name='blaked569']I was gonna do this but didn't have time to make the trip to NYC. I suggest going to staples and buying a silver marker and having him sign the black box with that, although those markers tend to be not-so-permanent (silver rubs off over time).

[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea; I didn't even think of it.
Thanks!

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Won't it rub off of the plastic though?

I think I'll try to get him to sign my Big Boss Bundle, but most of the box is black so I'll need to figure out where he can sign it.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's a possibility but really an item like this shouldn't be handled very much. I'd personally try to get some sort of acrylic cover/display for it so it could not be touched.

I'm in line now at the uniqlo signing. The line wraps around the block, so I'd advise those going to the best buy signing to get there early. The konami reps walking around are saying that they are planning to move the line as quickly as possible, but if you really want his signature, I'd get there at least by 430pm or earlier

Well I'm going in with my sealed BBP and having him sign it. I don't think having a sealed product should cause any problems especially if you're up front about being a collector. I'm sure these dudes are a lot more down to earth than many of us think.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Won't it rub off of the plastic though?

I think I'll try to get him to sign my Big Boss Bundle, but most of the box is black so I'll need to figure out where he can sign it.[/QUOTE]
Get yourself a silver paint pen like this one before going there.

[quote name='killer ladoo']I'm in line now at the uniqlo signing. The line wraps around the block, so I'd advise those going to the best buy signing to get there early. The konami reps walking around are saying that they are planning to move the line as quickly as possible, but if you really want his signature, I'd get there at least by 430pm or earlier[/QUOTE]

Are they only allowing one item to be signed?

I have both the LE and BBP, and I was only going to get the BBP signed but if I can get both that'd be awesome.

[quote name='eau']Get yourself a silver paint pen like this one before going there.[/QUOTE]

Wish I'd seen that earlier since I just got the silver sharpies from Staples.
Thanks anyway.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Are they only allowing one item to be signed?

I have both the LE and BBP, and I was only going to get the BBP signed but if I can get both that'd be awesome.

Wish I'd seen that earlier since I just got the silver sharpies from Staples.
Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]
just got back from uniqlo...i was one of the last few people to get an autograph at the signing. he was supposed to be there from 12 noon to 2pm, but he came late (12:15) and stopped signing early (1:50ish). About 250 autographs total.

he will only sign one item per person, and will not sign any kind of cloth. he did sign posters, and an assortment of msg games, so you don't necessarily need peace walker to get an autograph. i did not see him sign any big boss packs, but i don't know what went on ahead of me.

[quote name='killer ladoo']just got back from uniqlo...i was one of the last few people to get an autograph at the signing. he was supposed to be there from 12 noon to 2pm, but he came late (12:15) and stopped signing early (1:50ish). About 250 autographs total.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.
When did you get there?
I will probably get there around 4:00 and am wondering if that's a good time to get an autograph.

Gar! I just checked my UPS tracking and it claims my order was held up probably until Monday next week due to weather conditions in Los Angeles except there was no rain or anything last night... I got enough junk to keep me busy this weekend but I was really looking forward to playing this since I have been waiting since Monday.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Gar! I just checked my UPS tracking and it claims my order was held up probably until Monday next week due to weather conditions in Los Angeles except there was no rain or anything last night... I got enough junk to keep me busy this weekend but I was really looking forward to playing this since I have been waiting since Monday.[/QUOTE]
There was a titanium plant fire in LA...wonder if that caused issues?

[quote name='Vader582']There was a titanium plant fire in LA...wonder if that caused issues?[/QUOTE]

Whoa, didnt know about that. It could be that or maybe it was foggy last night. Eh, not a big deal. I am just hoping Gamestop mailed my LE in a box and not a bubble envelop with the box all crushed. I always have the worst luck with those things

[quote name='blaked569']I was gonna do this but didn't have time to make the trip to NYC. I suggest going to staples and buying a silver marker and having him sign the black box with that, although those markers tend to be not-so-permanent (silver rubs off over time).
[/QUOTE]

Go to Michaels or any other ART supplies store and get a DECO fine print SILVER marker. I'm a professional autographer and thats what we use.

[quote name='killer ladoo']just got back from uniqlo...i was one of the last few people to get an autograph at the signing. he was supposed to be there from 12 noon to 2pm, but he came late (12:15) and stopped signing early (1:50ish). About 250 autographs total.

he will only sign one item per person, and will not sign any kind of cloth. he did sign posters, and an assortment of msg games, so you don't necessarily need peace walker to get an autograph. i did not see him sign any big boss packs, but i don't know what went on ahead of me.[/QUOTE]

Just came back from the event.
Got there maybe 4:10, and couldn't get him to sign the Big Boss Pack.
Instead got him to sign the artbook of the LE.
I had to get the seal off so I had to stand aside and let other people go ahead of me so I wouldn't congest the line.

Was 7:40 when all was done, and got a free Peace Walker shirt to boot!
Too bad it's XXL.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Just came back from the event.
I had to get the seal off so I had to stand aside and let other people go ahead of me so I wouldn't congest the line.

Was 7:40 when all was done, and got a free Peace Walker shirt to boot!
Too bad it's XXL.[/QUOTE]

i got XL. lol

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Just came back from the event.
[/QUOTE]

I actually got there at 4. Had to also take the seal off my LE and the PSP game so he could sign my Peace Walker but it kinda peeved me that everyone brought games beside PW and he was able to sign it. I guess something to keep in mind next time if he comes over for a signing of Metal Gear Rising, although I hear he isn't really involved with that game :\

I just went and stole someones preorder. GS doesn't hold them after 2 days so I went, bought it, and took their preorder bandana too. You snooze, you lose.

[quote name='Miro']I actually got there at 4. Had to also take the seal off my LE and the PSP game so he could sign my Peace Walker but it kinda peeved me that everyone brought games beside PW and he was able to sign it. I guess something to keep in mind next time if he comes over for a signing of Metal Gear Rising, although I hear he isn't really involved with that game :\[/QUOTE]

Did you get him to sign the game in the LE?

I'm willing to help anyone get a BBP from my local GS. They apparently have a few in stock when I asked this morning. Please keep in mind that it's $199.99+tax(8.9%)+shipping (USPS 2-3 day priority shouldn't be too much since it's small).

Send me a PM if you're interested and we can work out the details from there.

Got my Big Boss Bundle today at a local Gamestop. I'm pondering if I should even open it... Also, the LE for the Peace Walker arrived this past friday. So happy I was able to use the 25% glitch back in april for it.

bread's done
Back