MGS:Subsistence Thread-- info on LE, bonus discs, reviews etc.

Nice! looks like I'll get it at GS today then...unfortunately the one I pre-ordered at won't get them until 2 pm.

how does the LE case look?

I just picked mine up. I preordered it at one EB but they did not get shipment yet. I had the regular on preorder because the LEs were done but the time i preordered it. So i called another EB and they got in one LE. So i went there and picked it up. Cant wait to play and happy i got the LE. Looks like EB/Gamestop will be getting a couple in even if there store did not have any preorders.

[quote name='Apossum']
how does the LE case look?[/QUOTE]

Big red box, a sturdy like cardboard material. Its about the size of two playstation 2 games.

Picture.jpg

[quote name='TheRock88']Got the call this morning. Gonna pick it up after school.[/QUOTE]

did they call again to actually say the game has arrived? I got an automated call last night saying it will be in wednesday afternoon. Just wondering if they call again to let you know it is in.

I just called GS and they told me that they haven't gotten them in yet and that he would call me as soon as the shipment arrived. :bomb:

Just called my local GS and they got extras in-stock and are holding one for me until 3pm CST :) Doesn't look like WM or BB will be getting this almost like its an exclusive to GS/EB

so it's like an atlus LE box.

gonna go pick up my copy now...

Btw, post your Online names here! I'm not sure what mine is, I've never played PS2 online before....

Damn, that box looks incredible. I can't wait!

Do you think we should put our names on this thread or should we start (yet another) thread to specifically have names?

Everyone just post your online name whenever you get it. We can probably compile an organized list later on.

Mine will probably be dpatel

love the camera, haven't had a chance to check out multiplayer yet. This is going to eat into my Midterm studying.....

[quote name='bluenatas09']love the camera, haven't had a chance to check out multiplayer yet. This is going to eat into my Midterm studying.....[/QUOTE]

So the camera system ended up being good? I can't even fathom how awesome MGS 3 will be with the 1 flaw the game had being fixed. The LE's sitting on my shelf right now but I'm trying hard to persevere and wait until tomorrow to play it so I don't get fucked by my classes tomorrow. Ah, whatever. Education < Metal Gear.

I honestly wasn't one of the people dissapointed with the camera originally, but now after having the third person view I definately consider it an improvement. Breathes some new life into an already wonderfuly mastered game...

[quote name='WebScud']Anyone care to explain why on earth the Snake Eater movie is on a PS2 disc and not a DVD?[/QUOTE]

Aw, you're kidding me. I thought that the third disc actually came on a dvd that was compatible with dvd players??

I haven't played MGS2 yet so I'm gonna be playing some sweet original MSX games tonight instead of MGS3 yet. And I will lurve it.

[quote name='basketkase543']Aw, you're kidding me. I thought that the third disc actually came on a dvd that was compatible with dvd players??[/QUOTE]

I can guess why though -- y'know how when you have prerendered cutscenes done with the in-game engine, they usually look like shit (like with say... RE4 on the PS2's cut scenes which I believe were recorded rather than done in real time)... well, maybe Konami wanted to avoid that.

[quote name='Vegan']I haven't played MGS2 yet so I'm gonna be playing some sweet original MSX games tonight instead of MGS3 yet. And I will lurve it.[/QUOTE]

Are the originals even any good? I know I'll get around to them when I finally tear my LE open tomorrow, but I've really heard nothing about them in terms of how good they are.

No Bestbuy carry Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance LE. At least i scored 1 copy at Gamestop for $32.XX after taxes (I remembered ask for LE version when i pre-order, the employee can find the sku # for LE version so he endup put my pre-order for regular version but he hand writting on the receipt slip "SPECIAL EDITION". When i pickup the game today it ring up Regular version on my receipt and he hand me a Special Edition)

Also, they have 3 more copies left but all of them have a Pre-order ticket on it.

I'd love to get a group together to play this online. I used to play the PS2 online a lot before I got Xbox Live. My gamer name or tag is usually BigMes on the PS2 as well.

I have not played the PS2 online since Champions and I need to get another ethernet cable because they are attached to the 360 and xbox.

I am picking up my limited edition after work but probably will not play until tomorrow night or Friday. If anyone want to get a session going send me a pm and we'll schedule something.

[quote name='Chacrana']I can guess why though -- y'know how when you have prerendered cutscenes done with the in-game engine, they usually look like shit (like with say... RE4 on the PS2's cut scenes which I believe were recorded rather than done in real time)... well, maybe Konami wanted to avoid that.[/quote]

Bullshit. Companies records trailers and commercials just fine. There's no reason.

[quote name='mykevermin']I just walked into GS on my way to the gym today, they were putting Subsistence away. I went in with the intent of picking up Generations of Chaos, but after finding out they got a whopping *two* Subsistence LE's, neither of which were preordered, I walked out with MGS3:LE and the Saga DVD. No preorder. That'sa good timing!

EDIT: Holy nutsack! http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Gear-Soli...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/QUOTE]

Well you just suck man wish I had that Saga DVD

[quote name='Chacrana']Are the originals even any good? I know I'll get around to them when I finally tear my LE open tomorrow, but I've really heard nothing about them in terms of how good they are.[/quote]

Yes, the originals are freaking classics, some of the best games from that generation. I have very fond memories of the original Metal Gear. However it IS one of those games that you remember running circles around as a kid but find pretty difficult nowadays.

MSX? More like MSsex!

Okay, hate to be that guy but how do I fix "UDP Port check failed"? I've never had this problem with PS2 online, but can't get on to subsistence.

I am pretty happy. I got my LE today and I just preordered last night. I had a chat with the people at Gamestop and they said they werent sure if they were getting in any LE's, but if they did it would be first come first serve. I got there today as they were opening the shipments and they had 4 LE's...3 of which they were holding for other employee's. Luckily, I got the last one. They didnt give me a Saga DVD though...

I wish I would have seen the ebay prices before I opened mine...I wonder if the prices will stay that high or if its just a spur of the moment type thing.

[quote name='Vegan']I haven't played MGS2 yet so I'm gonna be playing some sweet original MSX games tonight instead of MGS3 yet. And I will lurve it.[/quote]
Why would you need to play MGS2 first? MGS3 comes chronologically before MGS1 and MGS2.

Anyway, I went to the GameStop that I pre-ordered MGS3 at, and I was told by the employees "There was a problem with the shipment, we should get the LEs in a day or two, you can get the regular edition right now if you want." :roll:

Maybe I should try calling the GameCrazy next to me and see if they have any left.

[quote name='whoknows']I am pretty happy. I got my LE today and I just preordered last night. I had a chat with the people at Gamestop and they said they werent sure if they were getting in any LE's, but if they did it would be first come first serve. I got there today as they were opening the shipments and they had 4 LE's...3 of which they were holding for other employee's. Luckily, I got the last one. They didnt give me a Saga DVD though...

I wish I would have seen the ebay prices before I opened mine...I wonder if the prices will stay that high or if its just a spur of the moment type thing.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain about not getting a Saga DVD. I also managed to get the LE, despite the fact that I preordered over 2 weeks ago but it was still after all the stores stopped taking preorders. Given the fact that the Saga DVD on its own is going for about $10 on Ebay whereas the LE is $150 I'm not too upset.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I feel your pain about not getting a Saga DVD. I also managed to get the LE, despite the fact that I preordered over 2 weeks ago but it was still after all the stores stopped taking preorders. Given the fact that the Saga DVD on its own is going for about $10 on Ebay whereas the LE is $150 I'm not too upset.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just wish I hadn't opened my LE. I really should have checked ebay prices first, but that was the last thing on my mind...I wonder how much an opened one would get...

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I just wish I hadn't opened my LE. I really should have checked ebay prices first, but that was the last thing on my mind...I wonder how much an opened one would get...[/QUOTE]

Don't sell it, keep it and love it.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Don't sell it, keep it and love it.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to, but after seeing ebay prices I think I'm going to cry because I opened mine.

omfg online is a lot more fun than I expected. Where the CAG's at? My player name is "Tuff One" though I have no idea how to add anyone to my friends list. We need to pick a lobby for CAG's too.

I keep on getting a UDP port error...anyone know what that's about?

[quote name='Apossum']I keep on getting a UDP port error...anyone know what that's about?[/QUOTE]
I got that the first time but then I tried again and everything went smoothly. Btw, are we going to have an official CAG MGO thread so that we can post our usernames and such?

Finally got my copy!!! I pre-ordered my LE at the GameStop in Dublin, CA, but I went there today and they said they didn't get ANY, ZERO copies of the LE. So that sucked, but then i went home to call up the other Gamestops and EBgames with no luck. But the guy at the Gamestop tracked down a LE copy for me in Livermore and called me and left a message. So that kicked ass!

Now I am not sure if i should keep the LE sealed and just get the Reg. to play. I will probably wait to see how the Ebay prices are in a few days. If they stay up and it really turns out to be super rare, I'll keep it for sealed for collectability, since I am a pretty decent MG fan.

[quote name='whoknows']So...to anyone that got the LE and opened it, what do you think about the 3rd disc? I'm watching it now, its pretty cool...[/QUOTE]
I haven't watched it yet, I've been too busy playing online. :D

[quote name='jasonlives13']I got that the first time but then I tried again and everything went smoothly. Btw, are we going to have an official CAG MGO thread so that we can post our usernames and such?[/QUOTE]

cool, I'll try that out. but i have to eat dinner first...my stupid body, always hungry for stuff and getting in the way of my gaming!

I might be down with the clan, but since this isn't a fighting game, i'll suck horribly at it.

bread's done
Back