MGS Twin Snakes $17.99 @ Target

Wow great deal, I'd be all over this if I hadn't already picked it up for more than that. Its probably for all the targets, usually all their temporary price drops are nationwide even if it takes a few days for all of them to get it (the La Pucelle Tactics deal comes to mind).

That's it, though, I'm never buying a game for above $30 anymore. First Zelda WW and now MGS TT, I bought em both at $35 and they dropped below $20 before I even had a chance to play them.

I was at Target this weekend and it was regular price for me. I've been waiting for this to drop in price so maybe I'll check again.

I was there a couple of days ago and it was still normal price for me as well. Was it supposed to have a drop in price this month anywhere else?

That is a really good deal. That's the price that I got it for a few months back for a new copy on Ebay (I got lucky.) Anyway, I highly recommend it. It's an interesting adaption of MGS, but to be honest, I still kinda prefer my PC version of MGS Integral because of the VR missions and some other stuff.

Awesome deal. I picked it up when it was first released using store credit. I think it was worth $40, so it's definitely worth $18.

Even if you played the original, I still say its worth picking up. The redone action scenes are really awesome. I was impressed, looked movie-like.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']Im not a big stealth fan but i might try squeezing this one in.[/quote]

I really wasn't much of one either until I played the first one on the PS1.

Great deal! I picked my copy up at EB a couple of weeks ago for $25 and it was well worth it. I hadn't played MGS since '98, so a lot of the game (particularly the last 1/3) felt brand-new. Definitely better than Sons of Liberty.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow great deal, I'd be all over this if I hadn't already picked it up for more than that. Its probably for all the targets, usually all their temporary price drops are nationwide even if it takes a few days for all of them to get it (the La Pucelle Tactics deal comes to mind).

That's it, though, I'm never buying a game for above $30 anymore. First Zelda WW and now MGS TT, I bought em both at $35 and they dropped below $20 before I even had a chance to play them.[/quote]

We've all gone thru that, lol. I bought DOA Beach Volleyball for full price when it launched. There it sits on my game shelf still in plastic, unopened. Someday I'll get to it. I wait for all games to drop below $20, either new or mint used. One exception for me however would be some roleplaying games. The limited editions and those I feel will be a limited print. Other than that, they can all wait. I have soooo many games to play now, its not even funny. I'm feel like a video game 'junkie' at times, lol. I will scoop up on Twin Snakes tomorrow after work. Thanks for the post bhfgamer! :)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow great deal, I'd be all over this if I hadn't already picked it up for more than that. Its probably for all the targets, usually all their temporary price drops are nationwide even if it takes a few days for all of them to get it (the La Pucelle Tactics deal comes to mind).

That's it, though, I'm never buying a game for above $30 anymore. First Zelda WW and now MGS TT, I bought em both at $35 and they dropped below $20 before I even had a chance to play them.[/quote]

We've all gone thru that, lol. I bought DOA Beach Volleyball for full price when it launched. There it sits on my game shelf still in plastic, unopened. Someday I'll get to it. I wait for all games to drop below $20, either new or mint used. One exception for me however would be some roleplaying games. The limited editions and those I feel will be a limited print. Other than that, they can all wait. I have soooo many games to play now, its not even funny. I'm feel like a video game 'junkie' at times, lol. I will scoop up on Twin Snakes tomorrow after work. Thanks for the post bhfgamer! :)

I think i'm going to miss out on this one because i'm working over time all this week. Hopefully it'll be $20 at the B2G1 sale.

I went by target on my lunch to try and get a raincheck and saw this, I came back to work to post but you guys are way ahead of me.

got mine in san bernardino, ca.

they also had two rows of paper mario 2 out for sale.

Shit. Picked it up during the (one of many) 20% off VG sales at Fred Meyer (total of $23.99) Ah well, it was worth it. Just finished it about 30 minutes ago (just over 11 hour play time). Absolutely fucking awesome. Time to get cracking on that MGS2:Substance on Xbox... (or maybe the two Splinter Cells... hmmm)

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Great deal. I picked up a copy last week at my local Blockbuster for $13. The same day I also got Onimusha 3 for $15. Both in mint conditon. I have yet to play either yet though. :( Time is turning into my biggest enemy.

I think a lot of Target stores put random games on sale according to their inventory. My local store offen has great deals on games that aren't included in the sale ad.....

I went to Target after reading this post. Marked 29.99 on shelf, rang up as 17.99. I am a happy MGS camper. THANKS!

Question to those who say it's still 29.99 at their Targets... are you basing that on the sticker price or what it's ringing up?

I went to a Target in Wichita today and the sign still said 29.99, but I was there for the 17.99 deal so I asked them to scan and price check. he looked at me like I was a jackass just trying to make him work harder, and even pointed to the sticker price, but I insisted he scan it. It rang up at 17.99 and I snagged one.

So, it may just be that the effective price hasn't been posted in your stores.

By the way, thanks for posting this deal. I was looking for a deal on this game hardcore last week and the best I found was the 19.99 outpost.com deal + shipping. This was much better, and a great addition to my library. It's one of the greatest stories ever told in a video game.

At the Target I went to, the display clearly marked the price.... but Its a brand new Target so everyting is marked

Yep this deal works in Northern VA as well. But the Target I went to does not have any indication of the price reduction, and it's still in the glass case, so I doubt anyone will be making this game out of stock at that one (which had about 15)

Hey, s0undwav3, what Northern Virginia Target did you hit? I live in the Sterling/Leesburg area. I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Thanks,

-B

Just picked this up for $17.99 at the Miami Target in Kendall. There is one copy left. Thanks for the great find.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Thanks. I just picked up a copy at Target. They carded me because it was M. Did anybody else get carded?[/quote]

I got carded too. 1st time ever (for games anyway) and I'm almost 30 :twisted:

bread's done
Back