MGS V Phantom Pain Collectors - 79.99 with GCU - BACK IN STOCK

The story doesnt make much sense even if you have played the others too
The overall story to the series is an enormous clusterfuck and it's at its worst in Sons of Liberty and Guns of the Patriots. However, MGS1 and Snake Eater actually have stories that are both coherent and cohesive. I consider Snake Eater the pinnacle of the series and Sons of Liberty the low point, personally.

For anyone here who hasn't played a Metal Gear game before, Snake Eater is easily the best introduction to the series (it's also chronologically the first).

Don't play the games chronologically. You'll miss out on some references right off the bat with mgs3 first. Also controls and gameplay mechanics will be all out of whack between games that way.

Has anyone who placed an order AFTER the item was released, get their DLC e-mailed to them for the PlayStation 4 code?

I had a copy preordered from Best Buy and I promptly got an e-mail with the missing DLC once it shipped. I bought a second for my collection two days ago that arrived Friday when they briefly came back in stock but haven't received any DLC via e-mail... yet.

Darn, missed the PS4 version. :headache:

How come PS4 version is rarer than the XBox One version? That version is still available on Best Buy and Gamestop, but PS4 version is harder to find. :whistle2:

How come PS4 version is rarer than the XBox One version? That version is still available on Best Buy and Gamestop, but PS4 version is harder to find. :whistle2:k
Solid was a longstanding Sony exclusive, the majority of the fanbase hyped enough to spring for a collector's edition likely have PS4s

and no gaems

How come PS4 version is rarer than the XBox One version? That version is still available on Best Buy and Gamestop, but PS4 version is harder to find. :whistle2:k

Solid was a longstanding Sony exclusive, the majority of the fanbase hyped enough to spring for a collector's edition likely have PS4s

and no gaems
There are more PS4s sold. By statistics alone, the chances are that more units would be sold for that platform

There are more PS4s sold. By statistics alone, the chances are that more units would be sold for that platform
That, and Metal Gear has traditionally had a larger audience on Playstation consoles with 4 being exclusive to PS3.

I doubt they made equal amounts of Xbox One and PS4 CEs, I'm guessing they probably made only half of xbox vs ps4, but still 72% vs 22% is a pretty significant difference.

Valid points guys, did not really thought about the Playstation relations.

Ugh, some Gamestop miles away "apparently" have it for pickup.  Tempting, but for that price, might as well pay some eBay person or nearby people selling for around $130 for it.

Come on Best Buy... :wall:

Hi Can someone let me know if this happening to anyone else. I ordered a PS4 MEtal Gear Solid CE ON WED. 09-09-15. My order still says preparing for shipping, WTF thats almost a week. Like really? Is anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Can someone let me know if this happening to anyone else. I ordered a PS4 MEtal Gear Solid CE ON WED. 09-09-15. My order still says preparing for shipping, WTF thats almost a week. Like really? Is anyone else having this issue?
Yes, my order is stuck at that stage as well. I ordered with PayPal on September 9th.

Is GCU worth it?
GCU has changed how I game. Now I don't have to wait for games to get tossed in a sale bin as buying a new release is usually a wicked deal in itself. $48 plus $10 credit? SOLD. GCU is a must, don't even get me started on the CE saving...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys have to e-mail the Best Buy Unlocked forum members to get your PS4 DLC for the CE? I bought a second copy when they briefly came back in stock and never got any e-mail with the DLC. In comparison I got an e-mail with the DLC for the preordered copy less than 24 hours after it shipped

Did you guys have to e-mail the Best Buy Unlocked forum members to get your PS4 DLC for the CE? I bought a second copy when they briefly came back in stock and never got any e-mail with the DLC. In comparison I got an e-mail with the DLC for the preordered copy less than 24 hours after it shipped
Yes. I PM'd their inbox and got my code back within the same day.

bread's done
Back