MGS4 @ $55 buy.com ($45 w/GCO)

wquach

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Not sure if this is posted already but Buy.com sells MGS4 for $55 so with Google Checkout (I thought you could only use the offer multiple times with multiple credit card numbers but apparently you only need to use a new email address) and it should come out to $45.

Disregard this if you already knew/if this was already posted.

Happy gaming!

http://www.buy.com/prod/metal-gear-...etal-gear-metal-gear/q/loc/108/206533189.html

You should fix the post again to say $45 with google checkout. I was confused by the title. Thanks for the Post though OP

[quote name='BigFishCarl']You should fix the post again to say $45 with google checkout. I was confused by the title. Thanks for the Post though OP[/quote]

agreed

[quote name='BigFishCarl']You should fix the post again to say $45 with google checkout. I was confused by the title. Thanks for the Post though OP[/quote]Sorry about that. Fixed now.

I ordered this yesterday with google checkout...the price was posted a few days ago in another thread but it dropped down pretty quick. Yesterday was the first day you could actually use google checkout, so I did just that. Thanks for spreading the word though, as it is a great price when there is free shipping and no tax.

The thing is, I used the $10 GCO before and this time for Metal Gear, I used a diff. email but the same credit card number and it seemed to work. However, I tried to immediately buy the MGS Essential Collection doing the same thing but the order got canceled. It may be either the time in between the two purchases, my credit card company, or the game's order itself. But my MGS4 order did go through so I'll try buying the Essential Collection another time.

Yeah, it's showing "In Stock," ships in 1-2 days at the moment. Perhaps you just clicked at the wrong time?

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']Please update. This is now sold out. :cry:[/quote]

why are they selling the guide as Prima when it's piggyback? who the hell is piggyback? anybody get the guide yet? is it good?

[quote name='sparklecopy']why are they selling the guide as Prima when it's piggyback? who the hell is piggyback? anybody get the guide yet? is it good?[/quote]

I love piggyback guides. They made the Tomb Raider Legend guide which was very organized and detailed and made getting through the game and finding everything a breeze. They've made a decent number of guides, including guides for Final Fantasy 8, 9, X, X-2, Metal Gear 1-3, Silent Hill 1,2,4, The Jak and Daxter Series, Halo 2, Zelda: Wind Waker, etc. There are probably guides made by both Prima and Piggyback for MGS4 though, as there have been in the past. I'd recommend them.

Or if you cant do GCO and you want to help a guy out, pay an extra $3 and buy it for $55 shipped (first class mail) from me. Beats waiting the 5-16 business days for the economy shipping.

I was planning on waiting until next year to get the game for the especial edition pack that Konami releases for MGS games. But I jumped on this deal with google checkout. Will be a long time before prices drop. Thank for the thread.

anyone who is interested i have an extra copy of mgs4 from my bundle i wanna sell for $50 plus like $3 s/h..pm me if you are interested. I live in the philly area so any cags that wanna pick up its all good

Just for fun I tried using a debit card I used multiple times with GCO (haven't used since October 07 though) with a new email and my order hasn't been canceled yet. Wasn't expecting it to go through but I suppose until it ships it could be canceled at any time.

I wasn't looking to buy this game yet (haven't even beaten MGS1 yet) but I doubt this'll go below $45 for a while.

Used another Gmail address and the same CC I always use and it went through. Now I have been charged and it says it's "in the shipping process". Here's hopin'.

Yea, I had to jump on this. I wanted to play it from day one so I used a free rental from blockbuster and just ordered this with a CC and email account that I don't think I've used GCO on. Hopefully my order doesn't get canceled because so far I dig this game. I figure for $45 I can beat the game and then sell it in mint condition for $35 later. I know people get after posters for using the GCO on new offers but this game makes it a bit of a different situation and overalll its pretty fair deal compared to what is out there...thanks OP.

[quote name='nightravenx']Used another Gmail address and the same CC I always use and it went through. Now I have been charged and it says it's "in the shipping process". Here's hopin'.[/quote]
Once they bill your credit card I think you're good. If it's in the shipping process I don't think they check your GCO eligibility anymore.

[quote name='AZPunisher']Does Buy.Com carry the limited edition?[/quote]
Nope. It's a GameStop/EB exclusive in America.

[quote name='wquach']The thing is, I used the $10 GCO before and this time for Metal Gear, I used a diff. email but the same credit card number and it seemed to work. However, I tried to immediately buy the MGS Essential Collection doing the same thing but the order got canceled. It may be either the time in between the two purchases, my credit card company, or the game's order itself. But my MGS4 order did go through so I'll try buying the Essential Collection another time.[/quote]

BAH :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
:censored: :censored: :censored:

I opened a googecheckout account like 2 years ago & closed it back then.
I applied for it again using a new Credit Card & a new email, all for this MGS4 deal.
I go to the googlecheckout buy option at the bottom of the page & the $10 discount does not appear in the total section!

Can anyone confirm if this deal is dead?

The deal shouldn't be dead. Make sure you're logged out of any Google accounts (such as Gmail) before creating a new account.

bread's done
Back