MGS4 80GB PS3 Bundle (Backward Compatible!) In stock at Amazon - $500 Free Shipping

prateeko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[quote name='dfo']On the plus side you've had 2.5 years or enjoyment out of your PS3. Plus I'm sure you would've put that money into the stock market if you hadn't bought the PS3, so it'd be up in smoke anyway! :lol:[/quote]

You are very optomistic to think people here would have put their money into the stock market. It'd probably have been spent on cheep PS2 games or like 200 cheep dvds.

[quote name='Zero_Shadow']To bad its not the GunMetal one I really would love to have that one :)[/quote]

You miss out, Amazon & Walmart.com were selling the MGS4 Gunmetal PS3 bundle for $400 over the holidays. ($200 off the original price)

Dell's $300 PS3 is a much better deal. If you wanted, you could buy a PS2, MGS4, and an extra PS3 controller and it'll still be less than this (and all the PS2 games would be compatible).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, one could just get a 360, a PS2, and a Blu-ray player.

360 with 60GB (w/o wireless adapter) - $300
PS2 - $100

So, now one would have $100 left for a Blu-ray player. That is, if they don't need to connect the 360 to the wireless router. In that case, they've already spent their $500. This is definitely a pricey unit, but if one is in the market for all three things, it's an awesome value.

I'll never understand why people don't see the value in the PS3. I'm constantly seeing the "overpriced" tag slapped on it. Is $400 or $500 a lot? Of course, but there's a difference between expensive and overpriced. If you want a current-gen game console and a high-definition player, it's an absolute no-brainer. Even if you don't want a high-definition player that much, the PS3 is still a great value, because if you watch movies at all, you'll eventually want the newer technology eventually. I don't know too many people who are still rocking their VHS players exclusively.[/quote]

I don't really see why the PS2 gets lumped into the calculations, not everyone wants one plus many already have them from long before the PS3 came out. Also not everyone wants a blu-ray player, why force someone to buy one (yes, I know that all PS3 games are on blu-ray). I see your argument about people "eventually wanting newer technology", but you forgot that that there is a significant number of people still using analog tv, vhs, dial-up, etc. Those people might eventually upgrade to blu-ray, though by that time blu-ray players would cost an insignificant amount.

The point is that there is always a "bulk/package" discount. It only makes sense that the PS3 is cheaper than buying everything seperate. However, not everyone wants to buy all of the things in the package, which, with the PS3, you have to. Also in your calculations you make the assumption that the PS3 game library is equal in value to the 360 library, with which I would strongly disagree, but won't go into explaining because I don't want to start a fanboy flamewar.

[quote name='MCNE']Which players are better?[/quote]
Players such as the Panasonic DMP-BD60 and Samsung BD-P1600 just to name a couple.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Also in your calculations you make the assumption that the PS3 game library is equal in value to the 360 library, with which I would strongly disagree, but won't go into explaining because I don't want to start a fanboy flamewar.[/quote]

I would hope that most people on CAG could avoid fanboy nonsense.

In my opinion, I don't know why people stil bring up the game libraries in these discussions. Most good games are multi-console, now, and they look and play almost identically on both consoles. Just as a brief example, looking at the top 10 360 games at GameFAQs, five of them (including the top 4) are on the PS3 and other consoles, while two others are also available on the PC. I would venture a guess that Fable 2 and Halo 3 will end up on the PC down the road, too. The one thing that the 360 does have is exclusive content for some pretty big titles, like GTAIV and Fallout 3. But I suspect Sony will start making some deals, as well. The MvC2 demo, for example, is coming early to the PSN.

The library debate was definitely valid early in the PS3's lifespan, when it had a complete lack of quality exclusives. But I mean, that simply isn't the case. Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Rachet and Clank, Resistance 2, MLB Show...all quality, A+ exclusives.

[quote name='Jodou']This bundle is the reason I finally picked up a PS3. That and Wal-mart was offering a $100 GC for the purchase on any blu-ray player at the time.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, and I signed up for the Sony Visa Card that same week saving me ANOTHER $100.

So I paid roughly ~$540 out the door w/tax,
- $100 WM GC (basically equals cash)
- $100 credit to Sony card
= $340 including 80GB, BC, DS3, and MGS4 in 2008.

That's the only reason I now own a Blu-Ray player. Well that's 90% of what I use the PS3 for.
I buy all multi-platform games on 360 due to the superiority of XBL and only have the exclusive 1st party games and MGS4 on PS3.

So is $500 a good deal? I wouldn't have paid that for it in 2008, and I certainly wouldn't in 2009. Yes I am a Cheap Ass Gamer.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I don't really see why the PS2 gets lumped into the calculations, not everyone wants one plus many already have them from long before the PS3 came out. Also not everyone wants a blu-ray player, why force someone to buy one (yes, I know that all PS3 games are on blu-ray). I see your argument about people "eventually wanting newer technology", but you forgot that that there is a significant number of people still using analog tv, vhs, dial-up, etc. Those people might eventually upgrade to blu-ray, though by that time blu-ray players would cost an insignificant amount.

The point is that there is always a "bulk/package" discount. It only makes sense that the PS3 is cheaper than buying everything seperate. However, not everyone wants to buy all of the things in the package, which, with the PS3, you have to. Also in your calculations you make the assumption that the PS3 game library is equal in value to the 360 library, with which I would strongly disagree, but won't go into explaining because I don't want to start a fanboy flamewar.

Players such as the Panasonic DMP-BD60 and Samsung BD-P1600 just to name a couple.[/quote]

Yes people usually with cash to burn will always upgrade. Although I don’t have cash to burn but I do like a nice clean setup. That's was the additional attraction with the Wii and the PS3. Removed the extra hardware due to the BC. There isn't any type of hardware scenario that fits all. For example one of the players you listed my sister owns and it’s slow as hell to me. For her...hey it works just fine. And for what she paid the extra functionality would have been a win for their family with the PS3. Now they want a PS3 because of the other enhancements a standalone player does not have. Bottom line the PS3 is a game machine first for now. That's the way I think most view it so it’s hard to see the value top to bottom sometimes.

I spend a fortune on gaming every year. Probably more than the average person so I try to be careful when speaking about what is best because I usually just buy it all.

Xbox 360 (that I do own), well that's another story. Great machine/software but...

Thanks for sharing.

The library debate was definitely valid early in the PS3's lifespan, when it had a complete lack of quality exclusives. But I mean, that simply isn't the case. Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Rachet and Clank, Resistance 2, MLB Show...all quality, A+ exclusives.[/quote]

They have stepped it up that has had me slow down a little on my 360 buying. I now buy most titles for the PS3. I only have one 360 so I've been focusing that software mostly on my teen. Although software can be an issue if you dont play PS2/PS1 games with these new consoles. 360 does still have more titles total I've found just a few worth buying really.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I would hope that most people on CAG could avoid fanboy nonsense.

In my opinion, I don't know why people stil bring up the game libraries in these discussions. Most good games are multi-console, now, and they look and play almost identically on both consoles. Just as a brief example, looking at the top 10 360 games at GameFAQs, five of them (including the top 4) are on the PS3 and other consoles, while two others are also available on the PC. I would venture a guess that Fable 2 and Halo 3 will end up on the PC down the road, too. The one thing that the 360 does have is exclusive content for some pretty big titles, like GTAIV and Fallout 3. But I suspect Sony will start making some deals, as well. The MvC2 demo, for example, is coming early to the PSN.

The library debate was definitely valid early in the PS3's lifespan, when it had a complete lack of quality exclusives. But I mean, that simply isn't the case. Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Rachet and Clank, Resistance 2, MLB Show...all quality, A+ exclusives.[/quote]

Yeah gotta agree with you. Still don't understand it neither, when I go in the stores there is no game the X360 have that I really want that is not on the PS3. People keep spewing this nonsense, I challenge them to name the last X360 exclusive besides Gears 2, Halo3 that has rocked the gaming world in innovation. No I am not a fanboy I have all 3 current gen systems. But I challenge any X360 fanboy to name at least 5 must have X360 exclusives.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Yeah gotta agree with you. Still don't understand it neither, when I go in the stores there is no game the X360 have that I really want that is not on the PS3. People keep spewing this nonsense, I challenge them to name the last X360 exclusive besides Gears 2, Halo3 that has rocked the gaming world in innovation. No I am not a fanboy I have all 3 current gen systems. But I challenge any X360 fanboy to name at least 5 must have X360 exclusives.[/QUOTE] Such an argument would be completely subjective. I wouldn't go so far as to say Gears 2 or Halo 3 were all that innovative, but like I said, it's all subjective.

I, too, have all three systems. More often than not I find myself buying multiplatform releases on the 360 simply because the 360 port often has more advantages from a purely technological standpoint. If the 360 version of a game features a higher level of antialiasing or a slightly better framerate than its PS3 counterpart then that's a big enough difference to me.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']$100 for BC and MGS4 = not worth it.

If PS2 games are so important to you and you don't already have a PS2 hooked up, something is up in the first place.[/quote]
Then again, us Californians have sales tax :(

Best Buy prices:
$399.99 + $49.99 = $449.98

Plus a 9.75% sales tax = $493.85

Vs.

Amazon:
$499.99 (no tax, free shipping) :)

[quote name='Thrinn']Such an argument would be completely subjective. I wouldn't go so far as to say Gears 2 or Halo 3 were all that innovative, but like I said, it's all subjective.

I, too, have all three systems. More often than not I find myself buying multiplatform releases on the 360 simply because the 360 port often has more advantages from a purely technological standpoint. If the 360 version of a game features a higher level of antialiasing or a slightly better framerate than its PS3 counterpart then that's a big enough difference to me.[/quote]

Do you have a list of multiplatform games that look noticably better on the 360? (Except orange box) I thought Bioshock and Oblivion looked better on the PS3, and some PS3 versions had a different kind of smoothing (instead of AA they used temporal methods, like DMC4). Different - not inferior.

I assume that if FF13 looks better on the PS3 you will buy it for that platform?

P.S. I love how Danil ACE trolled and acted like a fanboy and then said that he won't go into details because fanboys will start a flame war. Pure comedy gold. Of course different people will prefer the libraries of different consoles. Saying one is better than the other is just a personal opinion and those who would state it as a fact are full of it. That said, IMO PS3 library is vastly superior to 360's. Not to even mention that most 360 exclusives are playable on PC.

[quote name='rogersgordon69']Maybe that amazon sales tax thing is changing. Big court case recently.

N.gif
[/quote]
Oh? I can only find reference to articles from last year about a suit and articles from Jan 2009 that say the suit was dropped. Is there another one? I'd like to read up on it if there is. Amazon is definitely not the awesome site it once was since they started charging tax in NY.

[quote name='rogersgordon69']Maybe that amazon sales tax thing is changing. Big court case recently.

N.gif
[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.........:cry:

Personally, I own more 360 games for a few reasons:

1) For quite some time, it was difficult for multiplayer games to experience a long lifespan on the PS3, simply because there weren't many users. Of course, that's no longer the case.

2) Early on, 360 games were often clearly superior looking and performing. Again, no longer the case. Even if certain games are technically better, it's no longer a situation where it's a clear difference that you cannot fail to notice, like how Madden 08 ran at a low frame rate on the PS3.

3) I'll admit...I like achievements. Of course, now the PS3 has trophies.

4) I'm willing to abuse the crap out of my 360, because if it dies down the road, and the warranty is up, I still have the PS3 to play games. If my PS3 goes, though, all of my Blu-ray movies are just gonna sit there. I'll have no choice but to go out and get a new player or system. Plus, if I wanted to replace my 360, it's cheaper to do so. Just buy an Arcade and pop on the hard drive.

I went and bought one. My house was burglarized along with my Launch PS3 (backwards compatable), 360, and Wii.

I just purchased the XBOX GAme of the Year Edition (well pre-ordered) , 80 GB BC Metal Gear PS3, and have yet to rebuy the Wii. But thanks OP for this find. Now I can go back and play Shadow of the Colossus without the hassle of hooking my dying launch PS2, which the robbers neglected to steal.

Anyone know if there is any recourse to redownload my Virtual Console titles on my Wii for free? Maybe send Nintendo a letter asking for pity?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
4) I'm willing to abuse the crap out of my 360, .[/QUOTE]

Great wording, and I'm not being sarcastic.

But how do you abuse the hell out of a console thats supposed to remain stationary?

Just a warning on the BC. It's not 100%, right now Ar Tonelico 2 doesn't work and there's no guarantee that future PS2 games will work. Plus, with this SKU being so limited I don't see Sony going out of their way to improve the software and update for games that don't currently work.

Well, both Sony and Microsoft, through actions and some words, have made it clear that BC is no longer a concern of theirs. So, yeah, I wouldn't expect any updates. Still, this unit's BC is still pretty good.

[quote name='Tom Ato']Just a warning on the BC. It's not 100%, right now Ar Tonelico 2 doesn't work and there's no guarantee that future PS2 games will work. Plus, with this SKU being so limited I don't see Sony going out of their way to improve the software and update for games that don't currently work.[/QUOTE]

Sony includes improvements with normal updates. They aren't big, but since this model was the one from the get go in Europe, there is a pretty big group of people with this set up.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']
P.S. I love how Danil ACE trolled and acted like a fanboy and then said that he won't go into details because fanboys will start a flame war. Pure comedy gold. Of course different people will prefer the libraries of different consoles. Saying one is better than the other is just a personal opinion and those who would state it as a fact are full of it. That said, IMO PS3 library is vastly superior to 360's. Not to even mention that most 360 exclusives are playable on PC.[/quote]
Fanboys don't own 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, Xbox, etc. :roll: Sorry, try again.

I wasn't aware that having an opinion brands me as a MS fanboy :lol: I guess that makes you a Sony fanboy ;)

If you still don't own an HDTV (or monitor) you need to buy one anyway before getting a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, and at that point you might as well start watching stuff on Blu Ray instead of DVD...

[quote name='Danil ACE']Fanboys don't own 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, Xbox, etc. :roll: Sorry, try again.

I wasn't aware that having an opinion brands me as a MS fanboy :lol: I guess that makes you a Sony fanboy ;)[/quote]

Just because someone has all the consoles doesn't mean that someone isn't biased. You stated your opinion about the game libraries as if it was a fact.

BTW, I am a not a Sony fanboy, but I am a PS3 fanboy. I like many things about it. Xbox I dont like mainly because of its reliability.

What would you all suggest on jumping on a used, non-refurbished PS3, 20 or 60GB model?

I'm really gunning for one, and my price range is around $300

I'd rather buy a PS3, PS2, and MGS4 separately for about $60 less but I suppose it's nice to have it all bundled into a fancy package.

[quote name='thehoweller']What would you all suggest on jumping on a used, non-refurbished PS3, 20 or 60GB model?

I'm really gunning for one, and my price range is around $300[/quote]

I recommend you just get the non-BC from Dell for 300. It consumes less power, is more reliable, is new, and you will find that BC isn't that important. I have 2 60GB and still play PS2 games on my PS2 (mainly because I use HDloader). I only played R&C:UYA on the PS3 to take advantage of that game's quality graphics. I guess if you've never had a PS2 it might make sense to get a BC PS3, but if you've already played most of the good PS2 games, then don't bother. Plenty of PS3 games to play on PS3.

I'd rather buy a PS3, PS2, and MGS4 separately for about $60 less but I suppose it's nice to have it all bundled into a fancy package.

Because.....you don't need/want the BC?

[quote name='thehoweller']What would you all suggest on jumping on a used, non-refurbished PS3, 20 or 60GB model?

I'm really gunning for one, and my price range is around $300[/QUOTE]
If the 20 gig is a good deal cheaper, I'd go with that. You can always swap in a much larger hard drive for minimal cost.

Adding to Nitwit's post, you should also consider how important the PS3's upscaling of PS2 games is to you when considering if you should get a BC unit or not.

I'd be a bit iffy on an older model like that, if it's used at least. I mean it's not "buying a used 360" levels of stupid, but still, I'm just a bit uncomfortable.

I bought a used motor storm bundle that was a Sony refurb. Work just as well as the new 60gb unit I bought new. I also bought a broken 60gb unit that I replaced the laser in. Same results...working great for the last 6 months. I actually had one of the newer 80gb units I bought from Wal-mart when they had a promotion but I sold it to get the last 60gb unit I repaired. The older models work and perform just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shiroh30']Because.....you don't need/want the BC?[/quote]
I never owned a PS2 believe it or not, so BC would be nice, but now that they're $99 I'm considering buying one separate.

I did the old $250 off sonycard/amazon deal... can't say that I regret getting a console with no BC ;) Not to mention I almost have enough sony points to buy a PS2 anyway!

did the old $250 off sonycard/amazon deal... can't say that I regret getting a console with no BC ;) Not to mention I almost have enough sony points to buy a PS2 anyway!

Sweet deal, I got my Sony card right before they offerred that promotion, so I wasn't able to get in on it. I almost jumped on this, but I already have two with BC....and three ps2's...

[quote name='Thrinn']Such an argument would be completely subjective. I wouldn't go so far as to say Gears 2 or Halo 3 were all that innovative, but like I said, it's all subjective.

I, too, have all three systems. More often than not I find myself buying multiplatform releases on the 360 simply because the 360 port often has more advantages from a purely technological standpoint. If the 360 version of a game features a higher level of antialiasing or a slightly better framerate than its PS3 counterpart then that's a big enough difference to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go with 360 FTW on FSAA (this is HUGE for me), XBL (totally worth $30/yr), LOWER PRICE, more robust game catalog in the USA, and I generally like the controller better. Cons are overpriced accessories, failure rates, MS deathgrip on 3rd party accessory and arcade pricing (though no worse than Apple or Nintendo really).

PS3 FTW on in game lighting (spectacular), Blu-Ray player, More games if you live in Japan, includes wifi, Free online (if important to you). Cons are HIGH price, STILL MAJOR JAGGIES IN 2009 (WTF Sony get it together, didn't you learn anything from PS2?) it's freaking HUGE and ugly (like Xbox1), Lack of AAA exclusives, though SCEA 1st party games are generally good+.

They are about equal on backward compatibility as neither one offers great support.

Personally I don't buy any games for PS3 unless they are

[quote name='Shiroh30']Sweet deal, I got my Sony card right before they offerred that promotion, so I wasn't able to get in on it. I almost jumped on this, but I already have two with BC....and three ps2's...[/QUOTE]

WHY???? lol

I love my 80GB PS3. Besides BC and upscaling, having 4 USB ports is huge for me, and I might use the memory card slots some day.

People pointing to the $99 PS2 as an alternative don't seem to be factoring in the costs of memory cards and controllers as well.

I'll admit though, that $500 is really a crazy price for a console. If you need everything it provides, it's a great deal, but not everybody wants blu-ray, wireless, BC, etc.

Why what???? Three ps2's? I had the original fatty and then I bought another fatty in 2004 for $100, sold it for $150 and bought a slim, and my daughter wanted singstar, but I didn't want to get it for Ps3 (for fear of her tying up my pS3's)...so I just bought that ceramic white Ps2 w/singstar bundle for $100.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']:roll:[/QUOTE]
Need more proof? I qualify AAA as >90% as I am sure would most reviewers.
I also have long standing rule that no console is worth owning until they have 6 must have exclusives. Giving benefit of the doubt to R&C and Uncharted they finally hit 6 in 2009 with the adds of KZ2 and MLB 09. Dropping to 85% adds Resistance, R2 and Valkyria Chronicles, still only 9 worthy exclusives? Bah, not for $500 a system.

Metascores
2 LittleBigPlanet 95
5 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 94
9 Killzone 2 91
12 MLB 09: The Show 90
14 Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction 89
17 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 88

Granted I typically don't waste my time with games rated under 85% unless I love the genre. And of all the games above only MGS4 and Uncharted really impressed me. Look how fast LBP hit the bargain bin ;)

I own a PS3, but I have been very disappointed in the games and lack of communication in online play sucks. Sorry, that's just my opinion. But I guess I felt the same about PS2 until 5 years into it's lifecycle, so there is hope when God of War and Uncharted 2 ship. Hopefully they deal with the f'n jaggies by then. I can't stand them.

[quote name='raiser']Hopefully they deal with the f'n jaggies by then. I can't stand them.[/QUOTE]
Doubtful. Unfortunately the PS3 hardware just doesn't handle AA very well. Any additional AA has to be done by the software, which can cause such a performance hit that developers don't even want to bother with it.

Only 500 left in stock! :)

If I add them all to my cart (so that nobody else can get one!), my cart shows this:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]subtotal = [/SIZE][/FONT] $249,995.00

I may have to pull the trigger on this.

Only 500 left in stock! :)

If I add them all to my cart (so that nobody else can get one!), my cart shows this:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]subtotal = [/SIZE][/FONT]$249,995.00

I may have to pull the trigger on this.

That's wierd, yesterdayI did that and it would tell me you can't buy 500 because the seller only has 388 available?????

I'm going to do it and if I put it on my Sony Visa I'll get 749,985 points!!!!!!!!

[quote name='raiser']I also have long standing rule that no console is worth owning until they have 6 must have exclusives....[/quote]

That rule of yours is stupid and is irrelevant to this discussion. If everyone thought like you did there would be no consoles at all (chicken/egg problem). Besides, PS3 is not only a VG console.

[quote name='raiser']... still only 9 worthy exclusives? Bah, not for $500 a system..[/quote]

You keep showing your fanboy colors with all the little things you say. PS3 is officially $400, not $500, and can be had for as little as $300 if you shop around.

Also, since you didn't list "lack of AAA exclusives" as one of 360's cons, are we to understand that 360 has more of them? Would you care to make your list of AAA titles for the 360?

[quote name='raiser']...And of all the games above only MGS4 and Uncharted really impressed me. Look how fast LBP hit the bargain bin..[/quote]

Are you suggesting that LBP sucks? Here you just dismissed a bunch of AAA titles because they're not your cup of tea. I thought you were providing "proof" of your assertion that PS3 "lacks AAA exclusives". Who gives a shit about your gaming preferences. Are you now adding "in my opinion" into your argument? If so, that'd be a lame way to back out of an argument. First you state your opinion as fact and then provide "proof" by sharing more opinions.

What bargain bin did Little Big Planet end up in? It's $40. I don't shop at places that consider 33% off as bargain bin material. And hell, I'd rather see exclusives do that (ie drop within a year) than what things like Heavenly Sword and Halo 3 did and stay at retail for way too long.

[quote name='raiser']Cons are HIGH price, STILL MAJOR JAGGIES IN 2009 (WTF Sony get it together, didn't you learn anything from PS2?) it's freaking HUGE and ugly (like Xbox1), Lack of AAA exclusives, though SCEA 1st party games are generally good+. [/quote]

Okay, I don't get any of those. "Major jaggies"? I haven't noticed any particular difference in that between the systems. They're both beyond fine IMO. Technically no where near what a PC can do, but IMO once you reach 720p AA is virtually worthless anyway, and hardware that isn't capable of doing AA isn't capable of doing 720p either, so its kind of a moot point. But regardless, the AA both systems do is fine IMO. The Playstation does it in a more normal fashion, the Xbox has more hardwired support for it, but...

It's not "freaking huge". It's smaller than the 360 so I don't know how it can be "Freaking huge". The black is boring, but it's fine, and anyway how the thing looks is the least of my concerns.

And the libraries pretty much equaled out last year. Going forward right now I wasn't aware of anything I cared about exclusive on the 360, until some people pointed out that we'll probably get a couple of new Rare games, Alan Wake at some point, and apparently Mass Effect 2 is going to be a timed exclusive (if not an exclusive).

And the price isn't much different either. Basically $100 more, but that gets you a quality Blu Ray player too, and at this point most of us don't have many Blu Ray players.

Personally I don't buy any games for PS3 unless they are

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']That rule of yours is stupid and is irrelevant to this discussion. If everyone thought like you did there would be no consoles at all (chicken/egg problem). Besides, PS3 is not only a VG console.[/QUOTE]

And alas ask any console manufacturer when 80% of their sales come. After the price hits

Seriously guy, please stop the 360 vs PS3 talk before it ends in a system/troll war. It's been done to death and I'd rather this just be here so people who missed a BC PS3 before can grab one.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Where is this supposed aliasing? And why can't I see it? I mean I just finished Assassin's Creed on the 360, and there's some aliasing (and quite a bit of pop up), but nothing worth complaining about.

Are guys remembering to hook these things up with HDMI? :lol:[/QUOTE] I've got my PS3 running through HDMI. If anything, the clarity of HDMI would make AA issues more apparent.

I just finished playing through Army of Two and it didn't appear to be AA at all. RE4 also is set up to run at 2X AA and temporarily disables AA completely when the system gets bogged down.

bread's done
Back