MGS4 for $34.99 @ Meijer

NateNinja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
6/29-7/1
Taken from SD, thanks chemdude!

"Just received Meijer's ad for sale starting tomorrow and MGS4 is pictured for $39.99. They also have a $5 off coupon in the ad for use on any general merchandise $24.97 and up from June 29-July 1 to make it $34.99!
cool.gif

The coupons are available at the front of the store. For those who don't know, Meijer is a super Walmart-type store in OH, IN, IL, KY, MI."

[quote name='Trendy2']It's not in any of the ads here at the Oswego, Il store. I inquired at the electronics dept. counter and one of the guys seemed to know about it and that it would be in the ad that starts on Jul. 3.[/quote]

Sweet! Oswego is a neighboring town of me.

[quote name='itlnstln']Southfield , MI on Telegraph had several in stock. Rang up 59.99, but associate/supervisor matched the ad for 39.99 minus the 5.00 coupon. $37.xx out the door. Supervisor said she was going to check to see if there was a mistake flyer/message, but I split before she got back.[/quote]

Lol. I went there today dude. That supervisor didn't do diddly squat I guess. They still have like 9 copies of the game and yes I got one of them. Thanks for the tip on Southfield.

I walked in and the tag said $59.99 advertised, at that point I realized I forgot the ad. I went up front and they had plenty, so I went back ready to pricematch, but it actually rang up $39.99.

I got that and Mario Kart Wii for $75 after the two coupons, pretty sweet IMO.

My Meijer put up a sign that said the ad was incorrect and that the actual price is $60. I am really bummed out at this.

[quote name='solidrock']My Meijer put up a sign that said the ad was incorrect and that the actual price is $60. I am really bummed out at this.[/quote]

I went to the Meijer by my house and they did the same thing as well. As long as they don't have the price posted up big next to the game you stand a good chance of picking it up. Still, the coupon expires today so if you ain't gonna get it now then you might as well not even bother.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I went to the Meijer by my house and they did the same thing as well. As long as they don't have the price posted up big next to the game you stand a good chance of picking it up. Still, the coupon expires today so if you ain't gonna get it now then you might as well not even bother.[/QUOTE]

They put it right in front of the game. You pretty much cannot miss it. :(

[quote name='SScorpio']I always like when Meijer deals pop up and all of the Mid-West CAGs get our day in the sun. It almost makes up for the lack of Fry's out here.[/QUOTE]

Glad I read the thread, because that is almost exactly what I was going to post. Since I can't drive like 5 miles without seeing a Meijer, it sometimes makes me feel a little less envious of those who have access to a Fry's.

FWIW, anyone in Michigan - the Rochester one had a few left late yesterday (Monday).

[quote name='Trendy2']It's not in any of the ads here at the Oswego, Il store. I inquired at the electronics dept. counter and one of the guys seemed to know about it and that it would be in the ad that starts on Jul. 3.[/quote]
I just got the add today and it does start on July 3rd for all the IL stores. The $5off coupon comes with the add too. I'm in a dilemma though, should I get it? I never played any of the MGS games. I did rent MGS2 once and I found it horrendous.

Just got back from the Grand Rapids/Walker (Standale), MI store. They didn't have any of the flyers with the price on it in the store, but I went back to games and the price was listed at 39.99 right in front of the game. Then I used the $5 off coupon that is right in front of the grocery ad.

This should mean that every Meijer should honor this price seeing as this is one of the two stores that are within 5 mins of the Meijer Headquarters.

I stopped at Meijer for gas, but I just took the ad to Circuit City, anyways. I had $15 in rewards money, so I figured that was better than the extra 3$ i would have saved @ meijer.

for those of you in columbus ohio, the sawmill location is now out of them for $39.99 and the one on 23 on the north part of town (powell/lewis center) has the price mistake sign up.

stopped by meijers on weber today on the way to work, they have a stack of the ad in the front, and the game rang up at $39.99, coupon works. that store had 8+ copies left this morning also.

stopped at rolling meadows in illinois this morning rang up 39.99 might want to grab an ad so u can take to other stores to price match that just in case

The Bloomingdale, IL Meijer had about 15 copies. No signs indicating a sale, but it rang up correctly at $39.99. No problems with the additional $5 off coupon.

[quote name='backwards_compatible']The OP said he took this from Slickdeals. ;)

Hmm...I may get this even though I still need to play through MGS1-3 and PO, and was planning on waiting for the inevitable, expanded rerelease.[/quote]

I have a sneaking suspicion that we won't be seeing a rerelease of the game called Substantistence. Back when MGS2 and MGS3 were around, expansions and downloading patches weren't possible on the platform they were released on, the PS2. Now that network connections have opened the doors to these possibilities, I feel like Konami will take advantage of that (in the way of both free and costly downloads).

Hell, they already have in-game iPod tunes and camo on the network for free right now.

I was a dumbass for not taking advantage of this deal. I never played any MGS games because I'm not a fan of stealth games, but I could've sold it for a profit on ebay.

This got me thinking. Could a store theoretically put a game on sale in their ad and just order a couple copies so they run out quick, basically hurting all the competition that price matches? Or are there laws against that?

[quote name='akokonas']I live in chicago and did some research apparently illinois is the only state that has a completely different ad than the other states. I called the stores in illinois and they wont match there other store prices which is gay. I guess you can drive to hammond Indiana if your close to there[/quote]

Sorry, but Springfield ad is the same as all the others. $39.99 with $5 coupon. No good for Wal-Mart matching and I'm not driving to get it since I don't have a PS3 yet ;)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']This got me thinking. Could a store theoretically put a game on sale in their ad and just order a couple copies so they run out quick, basically hurting all the competition that price matches? Or are there laws against that?[/quote]

Unless the other store is lazy, they don't have to honor it if it's out of stock. When I worked at best buy, any price match, we would call the other store in town to see if they had the item in stock.

Meijer in Algonquin had a bunch of these, maybe 15, and they all rang up at $39.99. Throw in the $5.00 off Summmer Buck coupon and you walk out with MGS4 for $34.99. I wish I had a PS3.

Just wondering if anyone knew for sure...

I still haven't picked up my copy, are they still ringing up as 39.99, also is the coupon still valid and is it still in the coupon books at the front ?

bread's done
Back