MGS4 LE $69.99 B&M only

Would they price adjust a copy I ordered online that's already opened? I'm wondering since it sounds like the ones getting the price adjustment are for sealed copies, right?

(I'd get a whole $7 and change since I paid for a good portion of it because of the Saga 2.0 DVD. Damn you, GameStop)

[quote name='imacgod']Would they price adjust a copy I ordered online that's already opened? I'm wondering since it sounds like the ones getting the price adjustment are for sealed copies, right?

(I'd get a whole $7 and change since I paid for a good portion of it because of the Saga 2.0 DVD. Damn you, GameStop)[/quote]

Mine was sealed, yes, but the guy I spoke with on the phone didn't even need me to bring the game to the store to prove it. Luck of the draw, really. Call around, and, hopefully, you'll find a nice manager.

My store made me bring in my sealed copy in order to return and rebuy at the lowered price which was annoying since I had to go back home and get my sealed game. So call before hand like the above poster mentions and see. For many, today would be the last day to get this price match.

I tried a few GS stores and none of them would do a price adjustment or return/purchase for any new item even if it's factory sealed. Only one store says they only do it within 7 days.

Perhaps it's a district-wide policy here. It's the Willamette Valley if it matters.

[quote name='eau']I tried a few GS stores and none of them would do a price adjustment or return/purchase for any new item even if it's factory sealed. Only one store says they only do it within 7 days.

Perhaps it's a district-wide policy here. It's the Willamette Valley if it matters.[/quote]

I would print out this:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.

We do not accept returns of:
  • Any product(s) returned more than 30 days from the date on the packing slip.
  • Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
  • Any product(s) not in its original condition.
  • Any product(s) that is damaged, played, or is missing parts.
  • Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.
Please do not send us product(s) that do not meet the return criteria listed above, as we do not issue refunds for non-qualifying items and cannot return the items to you.

To return a product:

Store:
Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval.

Even if they will not let you rebuy the return, there are plenty of stores around PDX (not sure where in OR you are) that have stock ... Lloyd Center and the one by PSU (Broadway and Jackson) have 1 each as of yesterday.

[quote name='wynams']I would print out this:

Even if they will not let you rebuy the return, there are plenty of stores around PDX (not sure where in OR you are) that have stock ... Lloyd Center and the one by PSU (Broadway and Jackson) have 1 each as of yesterday.[/quote]
Yeah. They would let me return but not to repurchase it at the same time. I was initially planning to purchase one and return it in another store with the old receipt but they didn't have any in stock (Albany and Salem areas). My 30 days window was up yesterday and no more return for me now.

I don't know. Perhaps this district is too strict and anal about returning/repurchasing SEALED products. One thing for sure, GS is not here to give you the best deals.

Do you know if the one at Lloyd Center or by PSU is still sealed or already gutted?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wynams']I would print out this:

Even if they will not let you rebuy the return, there are plenty of stores around PDX (not sure where in OR you are) that have stock ... Lloyd Center and the one by PSU (Broadway and Jackson) have 1 each as of yesterday.[/quote]
Yeah. They would let me return but not to repurchase it at the same time. I was initially planning to purchase one and return it in another store with the old receipt but they didn't have any in stock (Albany and Salem areas). My 30 days window was up yesterday and no more return for me now.

I don't know. Perhaps this district is too strict and anal about returning/repurchasing SEALED products for price adjustment. One thing for sure, GS is not here to give you the best deals.

Do you know if the one at Lloyd Center or by PSU is still sealed or already gutted?

I'm new to this district, so unfamiliar w/ policy and what not ... good luck eau.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I still think this LE was limited (not as much as MGS3 LE), since GS.com sold out and never restocked. I think the issue is demand for the LE was lower than expected.

It appears to me that the MGS4 LE Strategy Guide seems to be the MGS item that is hard to get at this point. It is rumored that there were only ~40,000 printed.[/quote]

That rumor would be based on the LE litho print inside the LE guide which is numbered out of 40,000 copies. I'd wager it's a fair cop to say that there were only 40K guides printed-- if it sells out, they can always do a second run without the litho.

[quote name='Watchman']That rumor would be based on the LE litho print inside the LE guide which is numbered out of 40,000 copies. I'd wager it's a fair cop to say that there were only 40K guides printed-- if it sells out, they can always do a second run without the litho.[/quote]

It doesn't look like they are going to do another run, places like Amazon are sold out and never restocked.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']It doesn't look like they are going to do another run, places like Amazon are sold out and never restocked.[/quote]

Then it would seem it's living up to it's "limited edition" status after all. :cool:

for those who recently purchased it B&M did you any of you get the art book mentioned on the site? I picked up a copy today and I forgot to ask about it, the GS employees didn't mention anything about it either.

The art book is mainly screenshots and cg renders. Largely worthless much like every other video game art book in English with the exception of ones like Disgaea's.

There are 2 GS in the Parks mall in Arlington, TX. The one near Macy was out of stock. The one near the Ice skating ring had about 6 left after I got my copy :D.

I actually found a "used" copy of the LE edition last week, paid $35 after 25% and Edge coupon. Is there anything inside the LE other than the game and its artwork, bluray movie and soundtrack CD?

[quote name='gi60']I actually found a "used" copy of the LE edition last week, paid $35 after 25% and Edge coupon. Is there anything inside the LE other than the game and its artwork, bluray movie and soundtrack CD?[/quote]

Sounds like you got everything.

bread's done
Back