MGS4 special/midnight events in Canada?

Solid-Snake-Eyes

Do not touch.
Feedback
61 (100%)
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has heard about any special opening times or midnight events for MGS4 in Canada? I read somewhere that HMV in downtown Toronto is doing a midnight sale. I have it pre-ordered at EB in Toronto Eaton Centre, going to call them tomorrow and ask about it.

I know EB Games here in Winnipeg WONT be doing a midnight launch because they told me that the game wasn't big enough (Polo had 60 SE and 50 RE pre-orders)

Topic Hijack: Anyone see the game out already? Some places broke the street date according to RFD. If anyone sees it in the GTA, please post.

Kipling & Albion is a good start, not that far for me...

Anybody know if Wal-Mart is going to carry the Limited Edition? If so, I might pick it up tonight instead of waiting for EB tomorrow.

Thanks, afterburn. That looks totally cool. Explains the big black line across the art, it opens there. Looks good to me. I guess that extra disc in the bd case is the soundtrack cd. And the graphic novel is probably a feature on the bd.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I've heard people talk about wal-mart having it. I can't say for sure though. By heard I mean seen online.[/quote]
Thanks, I guess I'll take a quick run out tonight and see if I can get it.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Thanks, afterburn. That looks totally cool. Explains the big black line across the art, it opens there. Looks good to me. I guess that extra disc in the bd case is the soundtrack cd. And the graphic novel is probably a feature on the bd.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, it was confirmed a while ago that there will be no graphic novel extras. It was probably a preview of the new Bande Desines digital graphic novel, but I doubt we'll be getting it, so having it in the LE would be a little pointless.

Argh, I just recently saw a description of the LE that included the graphic novel part. They need to quit changing the specs or at least get everyone up to date on the current version. For an extra $20-$25 they shouldn't be taking stuff out of the box.

[quote name='elbkhm']Anybody know if Wal-Mart is going to carry the Limited Edition? If so, I might pick it up tonight instead of waiting for EB tomorrow.[/quote] Unless you have it preorded at EB, it would be rare to be able to pick it up on launch day.
At least at my EB's you aren't able to buy a game on launch day without a preorder.

Sousanator: I did have it pre-ordered, but it looks like I'm going to have to go cancel it tomorrow, since I was able to get it at Wal-Mart tonight :D

Although the first one I went to said the LE was dated for Friday, the second one had no problems :D

the LE is apparently NOT exclusive to EB in canada (it is in US) which is weird.

anyone who picked up their preorder in EB got the art book?

EB Eaton Centre Toronto had more LEs than pre-orders but they're probably going to go fast. I was there at 10. They also still had art books. I didn't take an extra cause I'm not an asshole. I read about one guy who took 20 copies. I helped this guy I met there get the book, he wasn't aware of them and the store employee wasn't mentioning them at all (lame.)

Anyway, I got them to trade 3 for $69.99 value so I only had to pay another $6 on top of my deposit. Nice!

bread's done
Back