MICROCENTER B&M: $199/$249 Refurb Xbox 360 Pro w/ 1 yr/ 2yr exchange warranty! YMMV

gorgo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just got this in my email... includes XBOX 360 Pro, Wireless Controller, Instructions, Cables and Headset.

I don't see it on their website, so it must be B&M only. Says sale is on while supplies last. That's a sick deal if the "PRO" = "PREMIUM".

My email was for the Dallas store.

(UPDATE): This appears to be very YMMV, and might just be for the DALLAS, TX store. It's not on the website. We have reports of success getting the deal. There are many differing reports on how the warranty works and whether or not it's covered by MS for the red ring of death. Shipwreck will be posting the ad shortly.

The ad for the Northern Virginia Microcenter advertises a refurbed unit for $250 with a 2 year exchange program: http://cps7.britemoon.com/ccps/ui/images/498/content_load/353/09.01.xbox.DC.online.html

[quote name='walletandgromice']No worries. Fun that we're getting gouged for $60 more than other areas though, eh?[/quote]
You're doing better than VA, since you get an extra year of warranty for the $10 over our price...

Holy shit this might be the deal of the Fall!

Remember those cag's who are getting this deal, MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING on that EXCHANGE, as they can fuck you later on by saying, red ring of death doesn't count :(

I am actually going to pass on this offer and give it to my cousin since he's been looking for a 360 for under 300 for awhile.

Thanks OP, just picked one up from the MA Microcenter!

Had a bit of a problem with the warranty stuff. First, I open up the box and there's a card that says it has a 60 day warranty. The clerk checks the SKU and it shows a 90 day warranty, then I showed Wallaceandgromit's printout with the 3 year exchange and that screwed up the clerk, another clerk who came to help out, and 2 customer service reps! They had to call hq to straighten everything out, but I ended up getting the warranty without paying more and a signed receipt saying it could be exchanged for ANY problem.

So thanks to the OP for the best deal I've ever gotten from CAG!

Sorry, I'm a noob, and so this may be a noob question, but does Microcenter pricematch other Microcenters? It would be sweet to get a 360 for $199 at the Cambridge Microcenter, where it is $260.

[quote name='morisatokun']Sorry, I'm a noob, and so this may be a noob question, but does Microcenter pricematch other Microcenters? It would be sweet to get a 360 for $199 at the Cambridge Microcenter, where it is $260.[/QUOTE]

if you read the other posts it..you have a better chance with a print out of the offer then going into the store without it. This is a regional deal as others have reported 1-3 years exchange coverage.

Man if another region gets 4 year exchange coverage, I'm gonna be pissed :)

Are you fucking kidding me? Well, now I get to test Microcenter's return/exchange policy on this deal for all you CAGs tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

ok...

I went with my cousin last night to get his refurbed. Here is what happened.

First we checked with the manager on duty to verify this deal... everything checks out. Then we headed to the gaming department to check the system out and talk about the EXCHANGE warranty. We did see the sign for the 249.99 but nothing about the two years exchange policy. The guy in the video games department said it's on the receipt when we do the transaction. My cousin did the credit application and got approved. The CSR at the service desk ran up everything however he kept on leaving the transaction to do something else, so I got fed up and looked at the print out and there was NOTHING that stated 2 years exchange warranty. So I told him about this and he "claimed" it was "automatic" . I told him to check with his manager and after speaking to two other managers infront of us, they told him that they have to manually enter the 2 years exchange. So he had to VOID the transaction and redo the entire thing again (return and redo). We went to the returns area where he did it again, however the system CHARGED my cousin the 2 years warranty. So the CSR returned, voided it again. This time he had a manager over ride the 2 year warranty price down to 1 cent, which was fine by us.

Closer inspection of the receipt showed us 2 years coverage with a BRONZE warranty.... is this what is showing up on people's receipt? He did give us the warranty card and information.

[quote name='UFOff']Are you fucking kidding me? Well, now I get to test Microcenter's return/exchange policy on this deal for all you CAGs tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks, but better now than after you have save games on it, etc. : )

ok, I just got off the phone with Microcenter HQ in Ohio.

I recorded his side of the conversation. I want to transfer it from my phone to my computer then upload it as a mp3 or wav so everyone can hear it. I don't know of any sites that can let me do just audio files..suggestions?

basically this is what it comes down to.

-There is NO UNLIMITED EXCHANGES after the first 30 days. If in the first 30 days it breaks down, no problems on the exchange, after that it's only 1 exchange in the 1/2/3 year coverage.

-When you do the exchange after the 30 days, you have 1 of two options. 1. You can get a 249.99 gift card which you can use to rebuy the 360 pro refurb OR 2. just hold on to the card and buy something else at microcenter.

[quote name='ITDEFX']ok, I just got off the phone with Microsoft HQ in Ohio.

I recorded his side of the conversation. I want to transfer it from my phone to my computer then upload it as a mp3 or wav so everyone can hear it. I don't know of any sites that can let me do just audio files..suggestions?

basically this is what it comes down to.

-There is NO UNLIMITED EXCHANGES after the first 30 days. If in the first 30 days it breaks down, no problems on the exchange, after that it's only 1 exchange in the 1/2/3 year coverage.

-When you do the exchange after the 30 days, you have 1 of two options. 1. You can get a 249.99 gift card which you can use to rebuy the 360 pro refurb OR 2. just hold on to the card and buy something else at microcenter.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense doesn't it...since your warranty is attached to your serial number? That's the way Best Buy did it with my PS2 when it died. I sent it in for repair/replacement and got a check a few weeks later.

[quote name='eshbums']Makes sense doesn't it...since your warranty is attached to your serial number? That's the way Best Buy did it with my PS2 when it died. I sent it in for repair/replacement and got a check a few weeks later.[/QUOTE]

i ment microcenter HQ in Ohio not Microsoft HQ in Ohio. But then why the fuck are 3 managers tell me unlimited exchanges?!?!?!?

[quote name='ITDEFX']i ment microcenter HQ in Ohio not Microsoft HQ in Ohio. But then why the fuck are 3 managers tell me unlimited exchanges?!?!?!?[/quote]

Why on earth wouldn't getting your $250 back be equivilent to unlimited exchanges? In fact, it's better! Perhaps the elite will be $250 by then?

Ultimately, they have no idea how they're going to do this yet and haven't established a policy and sent it out to their branches as of yet. This is fairly typical at microcenter, where often I go in for advertised promotions on the first day and the stores are unaware of them.

I'd keep a receipt and print out of the ad stored somewhere safe, for sure. Getting things in writing (as you have suggested) is certainly a smart move.

Good luck all!

O_O!!!! Has anyone been to the MicroCenter in Westbury, NY and tried this? I'd be willing to go it. It'd be 2 or 3 years sooner than I was planning on getting a 360!

funny thing is I just called the manager I talked to YESTERDAY about this promotion and now it seems that he DIDN'T SAY UNLIMITED EXCHANGES. When I told him I spoke to 4 different Managers that night they all confirmed 2 years unlimited exchanges. I also told him what Micro center HQ said and now he's saying that HQ is wrong... He is going to honor the agreement and adjust my cousin's receipt to indicate that on file and printed out. but needs me to come down with the ad, so I am off....be back in a few hours fellow cags.

either that or I will be in jail lol :)

Exchanged the busted 360 today with no problems. They gave me a new (refurbished) 360 and a new 2 year warranty with no fuss. The girl just said "Red Ring of Death?" and started the process as I nodded.

So if you get a lemon out of the box, they will get you another 360 and warranty.

Will try this one out after I get out of work. This 360'd better work, dammit!

[quote name='ITDEFX']funny thing is I just called the manager I talked to YESTERDAY about this promotion and now it seems that he DIDN'T SAY UNLIMITED EXCHANGES. When I told him I spoke to 4 different Managers that night they all confirmed 2 years unlimited exchanges. I also told him what Micro center HQ said and now he's saying that HQ is wrong... He is going to honor the agreement and adjust my cousin's receipt to indicate that on file and printed out. but needs me to come down with the ad, so I am off....be back in a few hours fellow cags.

either that or I will be in jail lol :)[/QUOTE]

From the 'bronze replacement plan' T&C:

• Contractual obligations are considered fulfilled upon
replacement, reimbursement or term expiration.

So if you're outside your 30 days and the product breaks, you take it in as part of the replacement warranty, and at that point the replacement warranty is done, since it's attached to the serial number that you just dropped off at the store.

just got back from MC, they had signs at the front door and in the gaming section that indicated 199$ for the package plus 1 year warranty, but it said valid from 8-27 to 9-2, so I checked with the gaming rep and he said its good until they run out, they have about 80 left(comes in a brown box, nothing written on it just a sku upc), so I take one up front the chick checks me out and asks me if I want 1 year warranty or 2 years on it(1 year bronze was 20$) i told her i thought that came with the package, she shrugged and said 'iunno' i said ok nm i dont need it, paid my 216$ and left, i guess i shoulda asked for the warranty i'm gonna go back later to make sure its under warranty for a year though, i'll let yall know how it goes

OK... I'm back!!!!!

:)

Here is my report

talked to the manager again.

He had this cute latina :) redo the stuff without my cousin being around (which i don't know if that's legal since my cousin is the card holder)... They put a note in his file and the receipt that he gets two years UNLIMITED exchanges as long as defective AND 2 years BRONZE protection.

I talked to him about me, he made this excuse that's I am already putting him on the line, but finally gave in and gave me the same deal. So i picked up the vga cable AND the system. The latina put the note on the receipt and on my file, however I only got 1 year bronze protection. I really don't think it matters anymore, why? because the UNLIMITED exchanges for 2years :)

Proof

MC360-1.jpg

MC360-2.jpg

Anyone confirm this works with the one in PA? I checked my email and nothing. My uncle is trying to get a 360 for my cousin and this might work out.

[quote name='ITDEFX']over 2,000 views and little replies.

You would think everyone would be on top of this by now.[/quote]

I think it's because not many people who what Microcenter is. I didn't until I read the topic.

bread's done
Back