Microcenter: Pre-order Madden 2010 (360) for only $34.99 this weekend only

vlv723

CAGiversary!
Feedback
161 (100%)
Didn't see anyone posted this. But if anyone is interested, Microcenter has a very good pre-order deal:

madden_10.jpg

Not sure if it's for other systems as well (PS3, Wii, etc) but a good deal if there's a Microcenter near you.

Shipwreck Edit:

It actually appears to be $34.99 + tax out of pocket. The $5 reservation seems to just get you the $25 coupon towards the purchase of the game, which means you have to still have to pay an additional $29.99.

Also, the deal is Xbox 360 only as detailed below:

* Reservation offer good 8/7 – 8/9 for MADDEN NFL 10 for 360! $5.00 deposit required. A reservation receipt will be provided and acts as your $5.00 deposit and a $25.00 coupon good towards the purchase price of one NEW copy of MADDEN NFL 10 for 360 at $59.99. How the math works: $59.99 - $5.00 deposit - $25.00 credit = $29.99 (plus applicable taxes) YOUR RESERVATION RECEIPT MUST BE PRESENTED WHEN PICKING UP THE GAME. Reservation offer available in-store only. You must pick-up your reservation between 8/14/09 – 8/30/09. Limit one reservation offer per customer. See reservation receipt for complete details. Offer subject to change or end at any time. Not responsible for manufacturers delays or cancellations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping since I just reposted after not seeing this deal when I searched earlier. :D

My nearest Micro Center is a hour plus round trip so i'm sticking with Amazon and the 50% off trade coupon.

Simply the best madden 10 deal around period all the others suck besides the amazon offer but only with eca. I will be getting my pre-order this weekend as well.

[quote name='no_exit']First off, the actual cost is $35. Then factor in fees and shipping, the profit would be about $6

:rofl: HAHAHA[/QUOTE]

ive sold 900 things on ebay

if i had am microcenter which i dont this is how it would be done

Purchase 29.99+5.00=34.99+tax(ct 6% 2.09)= total 37.08

Ebay Store invetory $50 + $3.00 shipping

total $53-2.50(actual shipping cost)=$50.50-3% paypal fee= 50.50-$1.41=49.09-Ebay FVF 10%=49.09-4.90=44.19

44.19-37.08=$7.11

Well ok your correct there, but say i put it on craiglist for $55 theres no fee there someone buys it i make $18 no fees no nothing. Its def worth buying to sell back you will be in the positive no matter what.

[quote name='Supes']For anyone that was thinking the same thing, I called Best Buy and they are NOT matching this.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try and pricematch this at my local best buy today...worth a shot. The closest Microcenter is 45 min away...not so hot if i have to drive that twice to pick it up...

I acutally got a survey from them like 2-3 months ago asking detailed questions about my game purchases and pre-order habits. I remember specifically responding stating that the only way I would purchase newer release games is if they we cheaper/better deals than any other retail location. It's hard to not buy a game from Best Buy/Target if the cost is close to their deal. Especially one that's alot closer to my house/job, etc. This would be the only way I would come in to there store to buy/pre-order new releases.

[quote name='DarkRider23']More like $2 profit after shipping and fees...[/QUOTE]

its pure profit with no fees if you sell it on craigslist someone on craigslist will buy it for $55 its a no brainer

man they need the ps3 version. if ur in there and looking for cpu or mobo they pricematch newegg. they also have the i7 920 for $200(D0 stepping YMMV santa clara has it tho)

[quote name='gepet0']Can someone call in and put a 5 dollar preorder down?[/QUOTE]

the receipt they give you is what you need to get the game for $30....so I think you have to go in store and reserve in person.

I pre-ordered this earlier today. Anyone know if they are guaranteed to have the amount of copies that were pre-ordered or if I should head out early to pick it up jic they sell out and I end up having to wait for them to restock.

I stopped by and pre-ordered today in the Rockville MD store since it was on my way to somewhere else I was going. Man, that place feels like a blast from the past, though they had some good deals on PC stuff. As for their gaming section, seems to me they have a ways to go before respectability. It also seems like they pick their game prices out of a hat, since I saw several old games at ridiculous price points and also newer ones which were competitive. The pre-order was easy to do though once I was directed to customer service.

[quote name='Arthur93']I pre-ordered this earlier today. Anyone know if they are guaranteed to have the amount of copies that were pre-ordered or if I should head out early to pick it up jic they sell out and I end up having to wait for them to restock.[/QUOTE]

The Girl at the CS desk said they should have plenty, claims they have it set aside for the pre-order plus plenty to sell in store.

What a sweet deal! Thanks for the find! Went right in to the Microcenter in Rochester, MI. Probably would have shopped around a bit more if the people working in the games department were friendlier!

You can def make around $17 put it up on craigslist for $55...chances are if your area has a microcenter, the craigslist market is big enough...

Pre-ordered it!! Even thought I would prefer it be on PS3, I can live with it on the 360 at $34.99. Does anyone know why they would do it for the 360 and not the PS3? When stores usually have a sale on games, it's usually both. It's odd that they only did the 360.

[quote name='proplaya422']Pre-ordered it!! Even thought I would prefer it be on PS3, I can live with it on the 360 at $34.99. Does anyone know why they would do it for the 360 and not the PS3? When stores usually have a sale on games, it's usually both. It's odd that they only did the 360.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... MICROcenter, MICROsoft? :roll: nah, i have no idea either, but got my preorder at the cambridge, ma location an hour ago.

Sigh.....was totally going to pass on Madden this year and stick with NCAA...now it looks like I'll have both. $35 is just too good for Day 1. Thanks CAG, you've made me buy another game just because it's too cheap to pass up.....

[quote name='ocu']What a sweet deal! Thanks for the find! Went right in to the Microcenter in Rochester, MI. Probably would have shopped around a bit more if the people working in the games department were friendlier![/QUOTE]

You mean the one in Madison Heights, MI over by Oakland Mall? That's where I just came from. Agreed that the service there is weak. It took me 5 minutes before I even noticed the guy in the back of the room that was chit-chatting on the phone. Then he gave me a pre-order ticket that I had to take up to the front of the store and wait in a hellacious line. Still, to save $25, its worth it.

[quote name='PenDynasty']I wonder how they can afford to sell it so cheap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its pretty surprising since a lot of people would be willing to and are still going to buy it at full retail price. But hey, I'm not complaining. Great deal for me since I wasn't planning on buying it at launch and was instead going to wait for a price drop. Well, now I don't have to. $35 at launch is great.

They're probably losing $12-$14 on everyone who preorders. But for that money, they get you in the store twice and now you know microcenter sells videogames.

And... when you see the Prices it won't mean squat that they sell video games other than these kinds of deals they have...

At least those that are smart enough to know full price is insane...

[quote name='VipFREAK']And... when you see the Prices it won't mean squat that they sell video games other than these kinds of deals they have...

At least those that are smart enough to know full price is insane...[/QUOTE]

And... that wasn't my point. I was just responding to how/why they would sell so cheap.

Yes, we get it. Nobody should pay full price. That's why we're all here.

I'm just sayin because you made it sound like MC was a decent place to get games. It's not... it's rubbish like all the rest of the B&M stores.

[quote name='VipFREAK']And... when you see the Prices it won't mean squat that they sell video games other than these kinds of deals they have...

At least those that are smart enough to know full price is insane...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I bit on the deal and of course I browsed the video game section while I was there. They had an alright selection but the prices were off the wall, they almost seemed random. I did buy a few other things though, and I now know Microcenter exists, so that's a plus for them.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm just sayin because you made it sound like MC was a decent place to get games. It's not... it's rubbish like all the rest of the B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

I really don't care where other people get their video games.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm just sayin because you made it sound like MC was a decent place to get games. It's not... it's rubbish like all the rest of the B&M stores.[/QUOTE]
I'll put my Target clearance deals up against any online deals on a day to day basis.

[quote name='mick16']You mean the one in Madison Heights, MI over by Oakland Mall? That's where I just came from. Agreed that the service there is weak. It took me 5 minutes before I even noticed the guy in the back of the room that was chit-chatting on the phone. Then he gave me a pre-order ticket that I had to take up to the front of the store and wait in a hellacious line. Still, to save $25, its worth it.[/QUOTE]

Hehe yeah. I just moved up here, so I call everything that isn't downtown detroit, rochester hills.

Been anti-Madden for years, but this deal was too good. Never been in the one Microcenter near me since I moved. Probably might not ever go back for videogames unless they have another deal like this, though :p

[quote name='klashton84']Anyone know if Microcenter is doing a midnight release?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it, but you can always call and ask. I'm planning to pick mine up Saturday since the one I pre-ordered at is about 20 minutes away but on the way to my girlfriend's family's house where I was going anyway. I assume all their pre-orders are guaranteed, though I can't imagine too many people who didn't get this deal will be getting it at Microcenter.

I ended up pre-ordering it too, I'm just hoping I can trade it for Wolfenstein or Batman after I get all the achievements.

edit: Was just looking at the achievements, definitely not as easy as 06 or 09. Intercept Manning 3 times in 5 minute quarters? Get 10 user catches with Fitzgerald in 5 minute quarters? These are going to be challenging.

I successfully pricematched this at Best Buy. I went in during the weekend the preorder was on sale at Microcenter and reserved my copy at Best Buy and picked it up today...no problems. The girl ringing me up also didn't read the fine print, and I walked out of the store with Madden for $30 plus tax...not bad.

I also was able to unload Madden 09 on Craigslist for $20 today too...good day.

I picked mine up today at Micro Center. The line was long as hell. They aren't letting you get one at merchandise pick-up or in the games dept. (at my store anyways). I had to stand in the cattle chute for a good 15 minutes, we hate that new layout MC.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I picked mine up today at Micro Center. The line was long as hell. They aren't letting you get one at merchandise pick-up or in the games dept. (at my store anyways). I had to stand in the cattle chute for a good 15 minutes, we hate that new layout MC.[/QUOTE]

Did they seem to have enough copies? I wasn't planning on going until tomorrow, but if there's a risk they might run out I could take a trip out there tonight.

bread's done
Back