Microsoft 250GB hard drive for non-slim 360s, $72.27 new/$52.27 used at gohastings

I ordered one from Gohastings a while ago, it was the official Euro 250gb kit w/transfer cable. Works the same as the U.S. one. These were being blown out by multiple sellers for the last 6 months or so, for $55-$70 per drive. Great deal for a phat hdd for the pre-slim 360s.

Got my used one in earlier today--no original packaging, and no transfer kit. Poorly packed too--in a padded mailer with no other packing material. To top it off, they didn't wipe the drive--there were still some trial games and other random saves and files on the drive. Thankfully for the previous owner there were no gamer profiles.

Works fine though, still think I got a good deal so I'm going to keep it. If I'd known how they would get everything at least a little bit wrong...never would have ordered.

Got mine in the mail today. It's the European version.

Anyone know if it will it work on a US 360? Will I have any issues transferring data? Would like to confirm before I rip open the packaging.

I, too, have ordered, but mine is due in on Wednesday. The European version should work, along with the transfer cable, on an American xbox.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Got mine in the mail today. It's the European version.

Anyone know if it will it work on a US 360? Will I have any issues transferring data? Would like to confirm before I rip open the packaging.[/QUOTE]

It's fine and you'll have no issues, just get it done! :bouncy:

you can always take out the HDD from the classic 360 harddrive and put it in the back of a slim ... thats what i did and it worked

[quote name='WingsDJY']Got mine in the mail today. It's the European version.

Anyone know if it will it work on a US 360? Will I have any issues transferring data? Would like to confirm before I rip open the packaging.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chimpmeister']It's fine and you'll have no issues, just get it done! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Picked one up when Woot had a great deal prior to Christmas. It was the European packaging, but the actual items are the same thing you'd get anywhere. Everything transferred perfectly, and the drive works great.

Received mine today. Packing was beat all to hell. I credit both Hastings' bubble mailer and UPS for the condition of the item. It was in a blister pack, so no biggie. My drive had some weird ink spots on the top, but that's on poor materials and labor.

The drive was new. The transfer cable worked great. (probably flip it) The price was right. Additionally, the price is up 5 bucks on goHastings.com now. Feel good about the purchase.

bread's done
Back