Microsoft being sued by the state of California for Xbox 360 failure. (RROD)

Tricky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://dailygamesnews.com/2008/10/microsoft-hit-with-california-class.html

Microsoft are facing a lawsuit, brought under California's consumer protection statutes, was filed in the Sacramento County Superior Court. The lawsuit alleges that an excessive number of Xbox 360 consoles have failed, resulting in what is commonly known in the gaming community as the "red ring of death". The lawsuit further alleges that Microsoft concealed the excessive failure rate of its Xbox 360 consoles in order to compete with the pending launch of Sony's Playstation 3 and Nintendo's Wii gaming systems.

The lawsuit cites to a number of recent articles published in gaming trade journals and on popular websites including dailygamesnews.com, VentureBeat, Digital Media and Yahoo! Those articles contend that Microsoft knew as far back as November 2005 that over 50% of the Xbox 360 consoles involved in the initial sales launch were defective.

The class action lawsuit seeks an order that Microsoft disgorge all profits attributable to its sale of the Xbox 360, as well as that Microsoft publicly announce and implement a refund program in California.

Go California. I'm in NJ, but if this spreads throughout the nation, I'd be more than happy to get my $400 back. Then I can use that money to buy all the Rock Band songs I have for the 360 on the PS3.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Go California. I'm in NJ, but if this spreads throughout the nation, I'd be more than happy to get my $400 back. Then I can use that money to buy all the Rock Band songs I have for the 360 on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I wish it would spread throughout the nation. My Xbox 360 has been freezing up on me.

It will be really interesting if MS is forced to release the exact failure rate as a result of this suit. I'm not holding my breath for a refund on my console though.

[quote name='Strell']....

Isn't the state of California on fire right now?

Oh shit! DID A 360 DO IT?[/QUOTE]

a hobo was trying to do some gamin

[quote name='Strell']....

Isn't the state of California on fire right now?

Oh shit! DID A 360 DO IT?[/QUOTE]

nice.......ill link that to my buddy that lost his house a couple days ago.

[quote name='paz9x']nice.......ill link that to my buddy that lost his house a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

Some friend you'd be if you did that.

[quote name='Strell']Some friend you'd be if you did that.[/QUOTE]

that was funny.
your insensitivty still sucks though.

Will fail since MS retroactively gave everyone a free three year warranty on this issue, including refunds on service fees. And all original owners are still within that three year period today. Way to go wasting more money California.

how the hell did this even become a class action suit w/ the 3 year extended warranty for RROD. This is plain-ass lame and it will not go anywhere fast.

bread's done
Back