Microsoft Brand Xbox 360 Wireless Controller $15.99 + $5 S/H from T&T Daily Deals

crr_1119

Banned
http://www.tandtdailydeals.com/

The deal of the day is for an Xbox 360 Wireless controller. Condition is Recertified. The price is $15.99 but they charge an extra $5 for shipping. So total would be $20.99. You also get a 30 day warranty on it which is good.

Not too bad. I already have 4 Wireless controllers so I don't need another right now, but I thought I'd let anyone here know that might be looking for one around $20 shipped. These are the guys that recently did the Mystery Box item, by the way.

Sorry if this has already been posted. Checked the deals forum but saw nothing about it, so hopefully not!

Seems good but it comes out to be $22 with shipping for a refurbished controller. Amazon has them 27 new with free shipping.

Edit : Does anyone know where to get the cheapest WIRED Xbox 360 controllers?

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']Seems good but it comes out to be $22 with shipping for a refurbished controller. Amazon has them 27 new with free shipping.

Edit : Does anyone know where to get the cheapest WIRED Xbox 360 controllers?[/QUOTE]

The cheapest WIRED controller would be at your Target 2-3 weeks ago when they were on clearance for $9.98 :shock: I would say Amazon is the next lowest price at $24.54.

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']Seems good but it comes out to be $22 with shipping for a refurbished controller. Amazon has them 27 new with free shipping.

Edit : Does anyone know where to get the cheapest WIRED Xbox 360 controllers?[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, does anybody know the cheapest place to get a 360 controller for PC? Wired or wireless, I guess it doesn't matter. I don't think my research is truly turning up the best results. Perhaps my fellow CAGs can point me in the right direction? :)

Edit: Just noticed the post right about mine states what I wanted to say. Wow, sleepiness is blinding. Anyway, go ahead and read my post, as questions are slightly different than rockstarnati.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, rockstarnati, 360 controllers for the PC are basically wired 360 controllers or wireless controllers with the Wireless Gaming Receiver. I guess my original post wasn't repetitive after all.

Original post:
A little off topic as well, but where's the cheapest place to get the Wireless Gaming Receiver for the 360 controllers, so I can play my new Halo 2 (PC) with a controller?
Also, is it better in someone's opinion to just buy a wired controller and go that route?
I have several wireless controllers, so I was thinking about getting a Wireless Gaming Receiver instead of a wired controller. It'd probably be cheaper. The only drawback would be switching batteries, but I have plenty rechargeables.
Thanks.

[quote name='dieresis']Edit: Just noticed the post right about mine states what I wanted to say. Wow, sleepiness is blinding. Anyway, go ahead and read my post, as questions are slightly different than rockstarnati.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, rockstarnati, 360 controllers for the PC are basically wired 360 controllers or wireless controllers with the Wireless Gaming Receiver. I guess my original post wasn't repetitive after all.

Original post:
A little off topic as well, but where's the cheapest place to get the Wireless Gaming Receiver for the 360 controllers, so I can play my new Halo 2 (PC) with a controller?
Also, is it better in someone's opinion to just buy a wired controller and go that route?
I have several wireless controllers, so I was thinking about getting a Wireless Gaming Receiver instead of a wired controller. It'd probably be cheaper. The only drawback would be switching batteries, but I have plenty rechargeables.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that wireless receiver on Amazon for $30. So I figured it'd be cheaper for me (since I don't have any 360 controllers) to just get a controller with the receiver and not separate; but since then I found the receiver as cheap as $18 through Google shopping. So maybe if a good deal for a controller pops up...

EDIT: Oops.. forgot to add. I searched for the receiver on Google Shopping and not much popped up but here's what I found:

http://www.google.com/products/cata..._zwpIwF&sa=button&ved=0CAkQgggwADgA#scoring=p

This place seems to be the cheapest that has it in stock ($18.90). Dunno about shipping though.
http://www.akromo.com/ProductView.asp?ItemID=AL17258

Someone else might be able to help you out more than I can. :)

[quote name='hypertails02']Where is this website located??

To my address in the U.S.:
Ground Shipping: $150.00
3-Day Air: $30.62

WTF?[/QUOTE]

HOLY S%#$! That's insane. I have no idea about this website. never heard of it before. I was just posting the search results I got.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Speaking of which, does anybody know the cheapest place to get a 360 controller for PC? Wired or wireless, I guess it doesn't matter. I don't think my research is truly turning up the best results. Perhaps my fellow CAGs can point me in the right direction? :)[/QUOTE]

[original post deleted]

EDIT: My apologies, it turns out that I didn't do enough research before suggesting the use of the Play & Charge kit. I made those statements based upon MULTIPLE customer reviews on Amazon, Best Buy, and several other retailer web sites, all of which claimed that they were using the Play & Charge kits to turn their wireless controllers wired for use with their PCs. It just goes to show how worthless "customer reviews" are on these damn retailer web sites. Next time I will not make statements unless I have verified them firsthand.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamerdogbert']The Wireless Gaming Receiver is an absolute piece of crap. It *WILL* break on you; it's not a question of if, but how soon. There's a reason why they ceased production on them a long time ago.

There are 2 much better options: A) If you already have a 360 wireless controller that you want to use on your PC, buy a Play & Charge Kit. They are $14.96 on Amazon right now. B) If you don't already have a controller, buy a wired 360 controller, currently $24.54 on Amazon.

Or, if you need a third option to consider: if you have a 360 wireless controller already but would like to have another, you could go for the red special edition 360 wireless controller bundled with a red play & charge kit, currently $37.54 on Amazon.

Regardless, getting a Play & Charge kit or a wired controller is going to be a thousand times more preferable to the POS wireless adaptor that will eventually fry itself and you'll end up back to square one again, and with the P&C kit you have the added benefit of a rechargeable battery pack being included in the mix.[/QUOTE]
This is incorrect information. Play and charge kits DO NOT turn wireless controllers into wired controllers, they only charge them. NO DATA is sent through the play and charge kit.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']This is incorrect information. Play and charge kits DO NOT turn wireless controllers into wired controllers, they only charge them. NO DATA is sent through the play and charge kit.[/QUOTE]

wait what?? I use my play and charge kit to play games all the time when my batteries are dead

[quote name='ChrisHookz']wait what?? I use my play and charge kit to play games all the time when my batteries are dead[/QUOTE]

Guessing the name alludes you. Yes, you're playing while it's charging. It's still transmitting data wirelessly.

Above post edited; next time I won't trust customer reviews, I'll check the manufacturer's web site instead. My bad. Looks like I'll have to buy a wired controller after all.

It seems like a couple people had success getting their games but I would still use caution.
Anyways as everyone is asking, I use a corded 360 controller for PC games and it works great. No hastle plug it in and it works. The wireless might be just as simple but at least you don't need batteries for the wired (remember we are cheapass).

I've actually got a couple wireless controllers for $10 & $15 respectively from pawn shops. The $10 one was the original special edition Halo controller, talked it down to $10 because one of the buttons was sticking, but after working it in for a couple days with goo gone it worked fine.

I picked up a couple of Xbox Wireless receivers from the clearance section at Walmart for $20. It's certainly worth a try if you already have the controllers.

bread's done
Back