Microsoft Expiring (points)Promotional funds?

gepet0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
about 2 years back the ms store was unloading point cards cheap.   People on Cag swooped in.  Ms then changed it to a monetary system.

I have about 150.00 left.   Last week I got an email saying the promotions funds the 150.00 will expire in June.  

I thought once you bought points they were your to use when ever you want.   Has anybody else been threathened to lose there funds?  I know some people here went crazy.

I just noticed I had the message from them too. I don't really care honestly because I probably got said points from your deal in question.

But my problem is, isn't this illegal? In California it's illegal for gift cards to expire or have money deducted from them, and in this case it wasn't even a gift card. It was money that I exchanged for MS Points.

I smell a class action lawsuit coming.

I just noticed I had the message from them too. I don't really care honestly because I probably got said points from your deal in question.

But my problem is, isn't this illegal? In California it's illegal for gift cards to expire or have money deducted from them, and in this case it wasn't even a gift card. It was money that I exchanged for MS Points.

I smell a class action lawsuit coming.
I thought it was me. That was a crazy email and I know others bought tons of cards. Yeah people are going to flip

They announced the switch a while ago and June is a long time from now so I don't see this as a huge thing. We finally have Xbox currency cards and it's a good thing we don't need to bother with MPs cards anymore for that matter.

They announced the switch a while ago and June is a long time from now so I don't see this as a huge thing. We finally have Xbox currency cards and it's a good thing we don't need to bother with MPs cards anymore for that matter.
They are saying the money in your account will dissapear in june not transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
They gave what almost 2 full years notice?  I believe the switch happened in summer 2013.  Hard to get mad when they gave such long notice that they'd be expiring.

People definitely did flip a little when it was announced back when the points switch happened.  I think over the ensuing year and change though most of us have realized they gave us plenty of time to spend everything we had.

They gave what almost 2 full years notice? I believe the switch happened in summer 2013. Hard to get mad when they gave such long notice that they'd be expiring.

People definitely did flip a little when it was announced back when the points switch happened. I think over the ensuing year and change though most of us have realized they gave us plenty of time to spend everything we had.
I am lost the switch happened from points to money. It shows up in dollars. There was nothing that I saw that said anything was promotional. SO if they are not using dollars what are they using?

Yes the switch from points to money is what I was referring to.  When that happened they said the converted money would expire.  Originally I think they said a year but later it was switched to longer.

I have about $179 to spend.

Was hoping the comet preorder for destiny will be out by then but I doubt it.

My problem is there is not much I have wanted to buy.

I guess I will have to look into things to buy.

Any thoughts? :)

I have about $179 to spend.

Was hoping the comet preorder for destiny will be out by then but I doubt it.

My problem is there is not much I have wanted to buy.

I guess I will have to look into things to buy.

Any thoughts? :)
I thought Bungie said they would make an announcement about Comet when House of Wolves drops. So maybe there will be a chance to preorder that before the expiration. I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a bunch of points that I got from various things, but I'm not big on buying digital stuff so I need to find something to buy before the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Bungie said they would make an announcement about Comet when House of Wolves drops. So maybe there will be a chance to preorder that before the expiration. I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a bunch of points that I got from various things, but I'm not big on buying digital stuff so I need to find something to buy before the summer.
I am not big on xbox or ps full digital games but I am going to get the witcher 3 to help kill some money

Haven't purchased a points/monetary card in years, so I'm all good. If you still have some money left over, I say make some purchases. I totally understand if you wanted to save the money for something else, but you do have till June, so I say wait and see what comes out before the due date and purchase what you can. 

bread's done
Back