Microsoft IE9 - Free Stuff Giveaway! (Grooveshark Plus, Hulu+, Pandora, Fandango)

4tygames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Microsoft is giving away tons of free stuff right now.

Only condition is that you have to access the giveaway site using Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) using Windows 7. You can't access the offers on Windows XP, Vista, or on a Mac.

http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/#/holiday

Free Stuff includes:

- 3 free months of Slacker Premium Radio
- 3 free months of AOL Radio
- 1 free month of Grooveshark Plus
- 1 free month of Hulu Plus
- 1 free movie from Flickster
- $5 off a movie ticket from Fandango
- $5 off a ticket from Ticketmaster
- 1 free month of Vimeo
- Some free offer from Zynga (not sure yet what it is)
- 1 free month of Pandora Premium Radio

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this.

I'm sure this will be of great interest to some. But for me personally, none of that is worth the effort of installing IE9.

Thanks OP, but it isn't working for Windows Vista.

"We see you have good taste in browsers.

Thanks for using Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista.
However, you'll need Windows 7 to pin websites."

[quote name='Lubis']Thanks OP, but it isn't working for Windows Vista.

"We see you have good taste in browsers.

Thanks for using Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista.
However, you'll need Windows 7 to pin websites."[/QUOTE]

Thanks, good to know. I tested it on my Windows 7 machine. I knew that IE9 worked for Vista, I just didn't know that you could not pin programs in Vista. I'll update the OP.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for posting this.

I'm sure this will be of great interest to some. But for me personally, none of that is worth the effort of installing IE9.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, they've vastly improved IE9 compared to IE8. I actually like it a lot and use it sometimes.

Only the first three things are available right now.

I don't see why people wouldn't do this if there was something they wanted. IE comes pre-installed with Windows 7; it's not like simply upgrading from IE8 to IE9 is such a burden. :roll: I only use IE to have another Bing account, but I'll be sure to claim a month of Hulu+ on 11/25.

I don't see why all of the promotions (that are available now) are all radio things, I mean they are good services but why would I want to use all of them at once? I'm looking forward to Hulu+ and the free movie ticket though.

I got Windows 7 and IE9 so it works. My question is can I get all of that stuff for free or can I choose one. I don't really need any of that radio crap but Hulu+ would be nice so I think I might wait if I can only have one.

[quote name='the8055']I got Windows 7 and IE9 so it works. My question is can I get all of that stuff for free or can I choose one. I don't really need any of that radio crap but Hulu+ would be nice so I think I might wait if I can only have one.[/QUOTE]
I grabbed the month(s) Slacker radio and Grooveshark, so I'm guessing you can all of the things.

Sounds good.

I grabbed both radio promotions 'cause, hey, free stuff, so why not? Hulu Plus sounds great as does Pandora.

And IE9 is actually a pretty good browser. Firefox is still my #1 choice, but at least IE9 doesn't take up a whole 1GB of my 8GB of RAM like Firefox does ALL THE TIME!

I have both Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9, but seriously? These are horrible excuses for rewards. I don't know what any of this stuff is, and yet the promotion is for sites we love? What about Netflix, Gamefly, Blockbuster, or something useful? Free radio? Really? Radio's already free. Hulu is already free, and Hulu Plus is a scam. Ughhh...

[quote name='Conkerkid11']I have both Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9, but seriously? These are horrible excuses for rewards. I don't know what any of this stuff is, and yet the promotion is for sites we love? What about Netflix, Gamefly, Blockbuster, or something useful? Free radio? Really? Radio's already free. Hulu is already free, and Hulu Plus is a scam. Ughhh...[/QUOTE]
How is hulu plus a scam? It's just like netflix, only not as big, I'm personally looking forward to when they release the hulu plus subscriptions.

Also, the radio subscriptions aren't like real radio stations, I'm not sure how to explain it though.

I tried the Hulu Plus offer before but since I already used the free trial that everyone on Xbox Live got it didn't give it to me - just wanted to start charging me for rejoining.

bread's done
Back