Microsoft Kinect Sensor Bar In Stock at dell.com

for god's sake this whole "microsoft made something cheap and sold it for a profit" crap has got to stop. every company does this. we do this when we're selling games (sometimes). it's not a new business practice, it's not shady. it's their asking price, you're agreeing to pay that price regardless of what it cost them to make it.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']This isn't a deal.

This should be deleted pronto. OP should lose posting privileges for this one.[/QUOTE]

you show me where you can get kinect online with free shipping

[quote name='Scorch']for god's sake this whole "microsoft made something cheap and sold it for a profit" crap has got to stop. every company does this. we do this when we're selling games (sometimes). it's not a new business practice, it's not shady. it's their asking price, you're agreeing to pay that price regardless of what it cost them to make it.[/QUOTE]
I would say Microsoft has been pulling this bullcrap for a while though. It's really gotten me mad even though I've supported them more than anyone else.

First they release a 20GB that was failing on almost everyone all of the time. Then they release a 60GB. No WiFi on the machine. Now they FINALLY release something 5-years later with the 250GB HDD and WIFI. It's just always something new with them now. The XBOX360 Camera was supposed to do all the stuff Kinect is doing. They cancelled that and selling this Kinect crap for $150? I've paid enough on this system.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I have a feeling Amazon is sitting on a bunch of these and are waiting till Black Friday to have a deal on them.[/QUOTE]

why would amazon have a deal on them for black friday when it's selling like hotcakes??

If you don't want one, why are you hating? These are sold out online everywhere, he is just trying to tell where to get one if you want one.

[quote name='mcdaking84']why would amazon have a deal on them for black friday when it's selling like hotcakes??[/QUOTE]

Because Amazon is awesome that's why. A few years back they had crazy deals for the Wii and PS3 when those were sold out everywhere too. It's not unreasonable to think they'd have a deal for one on BF.

[quote name='aj slick']If you don't want one, why are you hating? These are sold out online everywhere, he is just trying to tell where to get one if you want one.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, do you think there will be ONE person to pay that price on this site?

Let's see if anyone posted that they're in for one.......

.......Waiting.........

[quote name='elessar123']And development costs associated with it is obviously $0. For all we know, they're selling it at a loss unless they sell so many millions.

Honestly, in the real world, pricing something less than 3 times the cost of what it costs to produce the unit is probably a steal.[/QUOTE]

They spent half a billion dollars just on advertising the damn thing. They also likely spent a few hundred million buying out other companies and from R&D. Kinect won't be profitable for some time, people shouldn't just look at the margins for the product itself.

Even if Amazon has great deal on these BF, it will probably be a lightning deal that will sell out quick.

I honestly cannot believe that this is MSRP. I thought it was $130. This crap is in no way worth that much money. If you get it in a bundle I can understand, but really this is not marketable at that price to average gamers.

That's honestly pathetic that they priced it that high.. I thought it was $130, which is still high but damn.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I honestly cannot believe that this is MSRP. I thought it was $130. This crap is in no way worth that much money. If you get it in a bundle I can understand, but really this is not marketable at that price to average gamers.

That's honestly pathetic that they priced it that high.. I thought it was $130, which is still high but damn.[/QUOTE]

it's shocking that MS is selling them at all!!!

[quote name='solidusdeus']Just wait for the hype machine to die down...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6283956...es%3Btitle%3B2[/QUOTE]

I hate how people seem to call companies greedy when they're just trying to make a profit on a product. The kinect may only be $56 to manufacture, but there are MANY other factors involved the selling of the product. First of all, Kinect comes with Kinect Adventures. The packaging materials, shipping, labor, and especially marketing the product are all factors that go into pricing it. Not only that, but companies are not out to provide charity to consumers. They make a product to profit.

And people can't get the fact that the device is made from $56 of materials. Assembling those materials, including the development of the software, is a different beast. If more than anything, the price for the hardware is right on.

Video games are made from $3 worth of materials. Should we riot? WHY THE HELL NOT, RIGHT?!?

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I honestly cannot believe that this is MSRP. I thought it was $130. This crap is in no way worth that much money. If you get it in a bundle I can understand, but really this is not marketable at that price to average gamers.

That's honestly pathetic that they priced it that high.. I thought it was $130, which is still high but damn.[/QUOTE]

Well, Wii remote is $50, and $20 for the nunchuck. So a second player playing a game will cost $70. I'm going by MSRP here btw.

Sony Move is $100 + $50 per extra player, add $30 per person if you want a nav controller.

Kinect is $150, +$300,000 for a new home for an extra player cause you have no room.

[quote name='elessar123']Well, Wii remote is $50, and $20 for the nunchuck. So a second player playing a game will cost $70. I'm going by MSRP here btw.

Sony Move is $100 + $50 per extra player, add $30 per person if you want a nav controller.

Kinect is $150, +$300,000 for a new home for an extra player cause you have no room.[/QUOTE]

lol, reminds me of this video. I crack up every time at how cheerful he is at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfwGRI8Vrw

[quote name='elessar123']Well, Wii remote is $50, and $20 for the nunchuck. So a second player playing a game will cost $70. I'm going by MSRP here btw.

Kinect is $150, +$300,000 for a new home for an extra player cause you have no room.[/QUOTE]
Oh jeez, I guess it costs even more than I thought to play Kinect.

[quote name='solidusdeus']Just wait for the hype machine to die down...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6283956...es%3Btitle%3B2[/QUOTE]
As others have pointed out, I would question any company selling a product for less than manufacturing cost.

It's like saying everyone hold off buying GT5 for 59.99, because it costs less than $1.50 in materials.

I worked in electronic manufacturing and one product they sold was $15K. If you priced out the actual parts it was

[quote name='ssjmichael']They spent half a billion dollars just on advertising the damn thing. They also likely spent a few hundred million buying out other companies and from R&D. Kinect won't be profitable for some time, people shouldn't just look at the margins for the product itself.[/QUOTE]

I agree (though absurd of them paying THAT much for ads but I don't work in the ads industry). Maybe they'll just get enough profit to help pay off all those R&D people, programmers, designers, advertisers, etc. and maybe then the Kinect will be reasonably priced then.

For how long, I'm not sure...

At the same time you never had to pay for R&D or marketing for your Xbox 360. Like most hardware, they will expect to make money back when you buy games. So it is a ripped off, but no worst then MS overcharging rechargeable batteries or harddrive.

[quote name='elessar123']Did posts get deleted...?[/QUOTE]

Guess so, it was up to 2 pages a while ago...

Keep in mind though, if you order from Dell (which I did)... they tell you the shipment date is going to be like 1 week away.

Then when the shipping status updates, it tells you a month later (which it did)... But then the next day the shipping date changed to next week.

Just because they say they have it in stock doesn't necessarily make it so.

When I ordered a Dell Mini 10, they told me a week on the shipping, then when it actually went through it said the Mini 10 had to be built and shipped from China so I ended up waiting 3 weeks or so for it to arrive.

Kind of sneaky if you ask me, promise you 7 days or less then adjust it once you've ordered it to what the date actually is.

bread's done
Back