Microsoft Live 12 month Gold Card Xbox 360 - $35.82 (CC PM?)

[quote name='Hiei69']So, he just emailed you the code? My brother has an eBay account, I might ask him to buy one from him.[/QUOTE]

I bought it 2 hours ago, still waiting on the e-mail.
I'll let you know.

If you've never had a Live account on the XBOX, is it possible to use the code from the old XBOX live cards on the 360?

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but it seems that most people posting here had an old LIVE account, so they have no problem adding the old cards to get additional time on their new 360 accounts.

If it is possible, could someone confirm that they have done it, and that it was as simple as buying the old card and inputting the code into their 360?

Currently, I'm just using up the free month of live that is offered when you first boot up the 360, but I know that I'm going to be playing every month from now on. It would be nice to be playing for $1.67 a month.

I just tried to price match at CC and the manager said something about it being $50 anyway with S&H, then she blew me off. I had been waiting in line for about 15 minutes at the CS line staring at a sign that said "Best Customer Service in District." Just made me laugh.

[quote name='Hiei69']So, he just emailed you the code? My brother has an eBay account, I might ask him to buy one from him.[/QUOTE]

Got the e-mail ... set until July 2007.

[quote name='Sinksand']If you've never had a Live account on the XBOX, is it possible to use the code from the old XBOX live cards on the 360?

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but it seems that most people posting here had an old LIVE account, so they have no problem adding the old cards to get additional time on their new 360 accounts.

If it is possible, could someone confirm that they have done it, and that it was as simple as buying the old card and inputting the code into their 360?

Currently, I'm just using up the free month of live that is offered when you first boot up the 360, but I know that I'm going to be playing every month from now on. It would be nice to be playing for $1.67 a month.[/quote]

I just picked up the old Xbox Live Starter Kit (with Crimson Skies) at TRU, so when my 360 gets here in the next couple days I'll let you know. I have a Live account that I created on my cousins 360, never had the original Xbox.

Which brings up a question. Is it easy to load up my existing 360 account onto my new 360 when it arrives? I assume I just have to do the recover Gamer Tag option, but not quite sure.

Ok... someone got a Live Kit from the TRU sale, an old one with Crimson Skies and all that jazz. I have a brand new Xbox Live account on an Xbox 360... I bought the code from him, he sent it to me, it worked perfectly, I know have a year of Xbox Live, so yes, the codes from the old kits DO work on the 360.

[quote name='Sinksand']If you've never had a Live account on the XBOX, is it possible to use the code from the old XBOX live cards on the 360?

Currently, I'm just using up the free month of live that is offered when you first boot up the 360, but I know that I'm going to be playing every month from now on. It would be nice to be playing for $1.67 a month.[/QUOTE]

Yup, you can use the old cards with the 360 even if you never had an xbox.

My wife signed up with one of the old cards and it worked fine.

Nice I just got the last one from that guy on ebay. Thanks!! Mine is supposed to automatically renew in August. Will it not renew if I use the code?

Thanks for the info everyone. Yesterday the TRU employee told me that it wouldn't work, but today I can confirm that it worked flawlessly and without hassle.

The TRU in Roseville, CA still has 3 or 4 of the Crimson Skies packs for $30 if anyone is in the area and is interested.

[quote name='Madskills1182']Nice I just got the last one from that guy on ebay. Thanks!! Mine is supposed to automatically renew in August. Will it not renew if I use the code?[/QUOTE]

If you have the code, you should enter it in once you get it.

If you're supposed to automatically renew in August (by CC), it'll extend it until August of next year.

In other words, it just changes the date to a year from what it currently says.

Hold a sec....

On the $50 Xbox 360 LIVE card (that is on sale in this topic for $35.82) the actual card says "12 months + 1 month" on the actual card. Now, is this extra month really free for people who are extending their current subs or is this the FREE month only for new subscribers?

[quote name='valor19']Hold a sec....

On the $50 Xbox 360 LIVE card (that is on sale in this topic for $35.82) the actual card says "12 months + 1 month" on the actual card. Now, is this extra month really free for people who are extending their current subs or is this the FREE month only for new subscribers?[/QUOTE]
Really free, it just adds 13 months to your subscription, instead of 12.

[quote name='SpyderGT']Really free, it just adds 13 months to your subscription, instead of 12.[/QUOTE]

that's where the ebayers got screwed. It's only 12 months for us, I think -- oh well, still a good deal.

[quote name='orntar']any one get any spares?[/quote]
I just won one on ebay for $37 shipped. Two others closed at the same time for $38 and $40.

Redwood City CA TRU has a few Crimson Skies kits (one rang up as .01), as well as 2 or 3 12 month kits for 29.99 and 19.99 respectively.

i picked up the last one in roseville, ca. They had a tond of 3 month kits, but i did not see how much they were.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Redwood City CA TRU has a few Crimson Skies kits (one rang up as .01), as well as 2 or 3 12 month kits for 29.99 and 19.99 respectively.[/QUOTE]

Just curious did they let you buy the kit for $0.01?

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']the almost six dollars of shipping + tax makes this less awsome for me, still better than retail though.

thanks[/QUOTE]

Yep, it comes out to almost $42 before taxes are even added.

You know if Wal-Mart can ship a game for $2, like the Wal-Mart $9.99 thread here on CAG they could really ship this "little" light weight card for way less. That's an Ebay type shipping deal.

[quote name='Silencer']that's where the ebayers got screwed. It's only 12 months for us, I think -- oh well, still a good deal.[/QUOTE]
The guy you posted selling on ebay I bought one from also. It was the 12 month plus the one free month.

I ended up picking up one of the Crimson Skies sets at TRU, $32 after tax. They were all out of the $20 12-month cards, but still had one more Crimson Skies set. Worked on the 360 without any problem.

bread's done
Back