Microsoft offers 400 MSP free w purchase of 1600 MSP on select titles

spectreon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just saw it on the dash after midnight. 400 points free when you spend 1600 points on FEATURED Microsoft Game Studios content. Be warned you MUST download a gamer pic to be eligible! Here's the skinny

1) you must download a gamer pic (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...3-af569e42176c)
2) Purchase content before 11/22/2010 at 11:59 EST

Eligible titles include

ARCADE

'Splosion Man (800)
Perfect Dark (800)
South Park LGTDP (800)
Uno Rush (800)
Snoopy Flying Ace (800)
Defense Grid (800)
Magic the Gathering (800)
Banjo-Kazooie (1200)
Banjo- Tooie (1200)
Ikaruga (800)
Fable 2 Pub Games (800)
Braid (800)
A Kingdom for Keflings (800)
Rez HD (800)
The Maw (800)
Scrap Metal (1200)
Alien Breed Ep 1 (800)
Alien Breed Ep 2 (800)
The Dishwasher (800)
Duke Nukem 3D (800)
N+ (800)

GAME ADD-ONS

Forza 3 (11 various for 400 each, VIP 800)
Mass Effect (Bring Down the Sky 80, Pinnacle 400)
Fable 2 (See the Future 560, Knothole Island 800)
Halo 3 (Mythic 2 800, Mythic 1 400, Legendary 160)
Halo Wars (2 for 800 each)
Gears of War 2 (multiple, but really only worth mentioning All Fronts Collection 800)
Alan Wake (2 for 560 each)
Lips (Hundreds of songs and track packs ranging from 160-440)
Crackdown (Play more Crackdown! 240, Getting Busy 400)
Crackdown 2 (Deluge and Toy Box 560 each)
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges 400)
Scene It? BOS! (Award Winners 560)

AVATAR ITEMS (Multiple items ranging from 80-400)
Halo 3
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Gears 2
Gears 3
Crackdown 2
Fable 2
Fable 3
Perfect Dark
Toy Soldiers

Granted I realize there isnt a lot to pick from there... most of this I own, but any one interested its still 400 free points for stuff you might buy anyways...

Sadly I notice that this deal will likely end before the free 800 points from last months (better) promotion will be recieved, but here's hoping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matedawg11']I still haven't received my 800 for spending 2400 from last month....[/QUOTE]

It's only been 2 weeks since it ended...

Just got my 800pts from last month's deal.

Gonna grab both Crackdown 2 dlcs I think and then something else to fill in the rest of the points (1600-[560*2=1120]=480 remaining). The Deluge pack is going to be out on the 16th and the promo is good through the 22nd so I'm covered there. Might buy another Forza 3 car pack to fill in. Or maybe Alan Wake's The Writer would be good.

fuck yes! Just got my 800 MSP too!

Time to spend! =D

Now I?m only missing 100 from the Newsletter Sign Up, 300 from Bing Rewards, and soon enough, 400 from this deal.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just got my 800pts from last month's deal.

Gonna grab both Crackdown 2 dlcs I think and then something else to fill in the rest of the points (1600-[560*2=1120]=480 remaining). The Deluge pack is going to be out on the 16th and the promo is good through the 22nd so I'm covered there. Might buy another Forza 3 car pack to fill in. Or maybe Alan Wake's The Writer would be good.[/QUOTE]

Did they email you the points or did they just appear on your account?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just got my 800pts from last month's deal.

Gonna grab both Crackdown 2 dlcs I think and then something else to fill in the rest of the points (1600-[560*2=1120]=480 remaining). The Deluge pack is going to be out on the 16th and the promo is good through the 22nd so I'm covered there. Might buy another Forza 3 car pack to fill in. Or maybe Alan Wake's The Writer would be good.[/QUOTE]
DLC's don't count towards this deal, only games. A tweet to xbox support is posted in this thread.

EDIT: I'm wrong. whoops!

[quote name='Moltres423']DLC's don't count towards this deal, only games. A tweet to xbox support is posted in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? The OP and M$ page about it say the Game-Addon Content from some games (Crackdown 2 and Alan Wake are on the list) do count.

Now I'm really confused about the deal. Anyone else want to confirm the OP for me?

EDIT: just checked the tweet it says the DLC from the live arcade games listed doesn't count ie: if the maw has DLC that doesn't count but the game still does.

Xbox LIVE Arcade Games listed count
DLC for the retail games listed count, other DLC doesn't
Avatar items from the games listed count, other Avatar stuff doesn't

The Microsoft Points are automatically added to your account (although according to support, they might be sent as a code to your email if they can't be automatically added for some reason).

PS: The deal is available worldwide except for Italy and France I think. That has to do with the laws there though :p

[quote name='mokmoof']Anyone have an opinion as to which is better: 'Splosion Man or The Maw?[/QUOTE]

'Splosion Man is much, much better. It's easily one of the best games on 360.

[quote name='hpv']'Splosion Man is much, much better. It's easily one of the best games on 360.[/QUOTE]

Blech, I hated 'Splosion Man. BORING!

I'm glad so many people like it. I can see the appeal, but I just found it to be too dull. Funny stuff, but not engaging enough.

Haven't played The Maw so I couldn't weigh in on it, but I can't imgaine it's that bad.

The maw, alan wake dlc, and possibly crackdown 2 dlc are the only things I need. Only need the second dlc for alan wake. Haven't gotten my 800 points from the last offer yet. I'll have to check the crackdown 2 dlc I guess since it's in the iffy zone. Disappointed with that game, not because it wasn't fun, but because it was so copy/paste of the first one. Some of the dlc ideas sounded good but I haven't kept up with it all after release.

Hmm I see Mass Effect the actual full game is available to purchase. Would this count as spending the 1600 points since that's that it equates to when you press X to buy with points instead of a CC. That would then mean it'd really be 1200 points.

I've been wanting to get this game again and the fact that all my MSP were received via discounts or free, this would probably be about $10 paid out for ME which sounds like a solid deal to me, even though I cannot trade it in.

*edit* hmm reading the official rules it says any game add-on from the following titles: blah blah but not explicity listing ME itself... hmmmmm

BTW we just have to confirm and download that gamer picture right? Nothing more than that?

[quote name='aznguyen316']
BTW we just have to confirm and download that gamer picture right? Nothing more than that?[/QUOTE]

Other than downloading the gamer pick then spend 1600 points on said content, not that I'm aware of.

And the DLC for games mentioned counts... M$ only said the DLC from the XBLA don't count, only the games themselves.

[quote name='spectreon']Other than downloading the gamer pick then spend 1600 points on said content, not that I'm aware of.

And the DLC for games mentioned counts... M$ only said the DLC from the XBLA don't count, only the games themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I asked xbox about the DLC for the Maw and I was told it does not qualify.

I'd like to put in a recommendation for The Maw. It is pretty easy, but a lot of fun. I like playing games and actually finishing them and this is one of the games I have beaten. This is sharp contrast to 'Splosion Man which I'm nowhere near finishing and not really sure that I ever will.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'd like to put in a recommendation for The Maw. It is pretty easy, but a lot of fun. I like playing games and actually finishing them and this is one of the games I have beaten. This is sharp contrast to 'Splosion Man which I'm nowhere near finishing and not really sure that I ever will.[/QUOTE]

Please finish 'Splosion Man. The Ending is worth it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Are you sure? The OP and M$ page about it say the Game-Addon Content from some games (Crackdown 2 and Alan Wake are on the list) do count.

Now I'm really confused about the deal. Anyone else want to confirm the OP for me?

EDIT: just checked the tweet it says the DLC from the live arcade games listed doesn't count ie: if the maw has DLC that doesn't count but the game still does.[/QUOTE]
You're right. My bad.:lol:

I just picked up Defense Grid; I had never tried it before today, but after ~2.5 hours of playtime, I highly recommend it :). Now it's between Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Rez HD, The Dishwasher, and Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection (Naturally, I order the game from Goozex just days after the 50% off sale...)

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Do any of the games listed have four players on the same console (versus or co-op) besides South Park?[/QUOTE]
N+ has versus and co-op. The co-op mode is a blast if people are into it.

I believe Splosion Man also has four-player co-op.

I bought Alan wake DLC on Monday. Are the DLC for Crackdown 2 any good? Which arcade games shall I get. I have already Perfect Dark, South park, Uno rush ,A Kingdom for Keflings .

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Do any of the games listed have four players on the same console (versus or co-op) besides South Park?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure most of them do. Perfect Dark, N+, and Splosion Man are basically built for it. Scrap Metal, Alien Breeeds, Uno Rush... Even Banjo Tooie has a terrible 4 player mode. I'm not sure if Snoopy has 4 player splitscreen or just two. You should be able to see if a game has it or not somewhere in the game's information screen in the marketplace.

[quote name='spectreon']And the DLC for games mentioned counts... M$ only said the DLC from the XBLA don't count, only the games themselves.[/QUOTE]

Than I'm out. I have pretty much everything I'm interested in already.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']I too have received my 800 pts from the October promotion.[/QUOTE]

You HAVE? or have NOT? I didn't expect this until later this month early December I thought.

What do you figure are the chances of Braid being part of a deal on its own sometime? It's the only game in the list I'm interested in, and not sure I want to figure out 800 points of filler just to get 400 back...

[quote name='Cheapskate']What do you figure are the chances of Braid being part of a deal on its own sometime? It's the only game in the list I'm interested in, and not sure I want to figure out 800 points of filler just to get 400 back...[/QUOTE]

It has been on sale before, I doubt they'll do another anytime within this, or next year.

[quote name='thehoweller']It has been on sale before, I doubt they'll do another anytime within this, or next year.[/QUOTE]

From my whole time watching it was on sale once for 800 points (which is the MSRP.) they are not putting deals on this thing but I really can't find anything else to pair with it...

I haven't received my 800 points, which sure makes me hesitant to get in on this. Well, that and because the only game on the list I'm really that interested in is Braid, and that's surely going to go on sale by itself again some day, and for more then just 200 points off (200 off of two games each.)

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Surprisingly the ME II DLC isn't part of the promotion; only Mass Effect. Regardless I'm sure I can find enough (Splosion Man for sure) to meet the 1600 point requirement.[/QUOTE]
ME2 is an EA game, not MGS, that's why. :)

[quote name='Matedawg11']I still haven't received my 800 for spending 2400 from last month....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me either. I was supposed to have gotten it by last Saturday if I'm remembering right.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, me either. I was supposed to have gotten it by last Saturday if I'm remembering right.[/QUOTE]

The Details
Purchase at least 2400 Microsoft Points worth of Xbox LIVE Arcade and/or Game add-on content between 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) October 1 and 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2010 and receive 800 Microsoft Points added automatically to your membership. Limit one gift per person. The free points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Press/archive/2010/0930-thankyougift

Don't worry just yet =)

Here's a few thoughts on items, but you're welcome to split hairs, etc:
  • Any items previously on sale "might" be fair game when MS does their huge blowout sale at Thanksgiving, in addition the probable end-of-year sale. This includes every XBLA game in the list except for Perfect Dark & Alien Breed ep. 2.
  • PD was part of the survey a couple month's back as possibly going to 400pts. Since they've been slowly leaking the other non-winning titles from that survey ... including DA's DLC and an EA XBLA game (though it was "Shank" & not "DeathSpank") ... I'd have to think PD (as well as DeathSpank) would be coming very soon.
  • Alien Breed has been rumored to be a standalone disc soon. That's a cheaper way to get all 3 ep's, rather than picking each up individually.
  • F2 Pub Games "should" be easily acquired from eBay, though not sure why there's no codes left up there. I think I've even got a spare lying around somewhere. The games are available within Fable II anyways, and with the get-rich method patched, there's not much incentive to play unless you're lying in a hospital bed with only your thumb not paralyzed (so you can keep hitting the A button).
  • For Forza 3 ... do NOT get Motorsport Legends car pack, Sidewinder Proving Grounds track pack, or Benchmark High Speed Ring track pack. You should've gotten those with your copy, and codes are very easy to find on eBay for under $10 (just search for "forza motorsport legends" or "forza sidewinder" or "forza proving" ... the auction should promise 10 cars & 30 tracks if you need more proof). The "Forza 3 Ultimate Collection" is also out, though I think all the DLC are codes, not DRM-less installs. The only thing the UE doesn't include is the "VIP pack" & "Stig's Garage", so keep that in mind.
  • Fable II's DLC comes free with the greatest hits version, so if you didn't own Fable II already, just get that disc for under $20 total. Once again, people probably have new/sealed copies for cheap on eBay (make sure it's new/sealed, or at least the DLC is untouched!).
  • Bungie eventually shifts map packs to free, but MS has been greedy about switching the Mythic packs. I'd just be happy with the multiplayer disc that comes with ODST, because if you're still on the fence about Halo packs, then you're not that obsessive about it. :)
  • Like it was said, skip everything from GoW2, but definitely get "All Fronts" if you don't have it. It's too bad you missed when it was only 400pts a couple weeks ago! You may also find some codes on eBay to save a little (since people get "All Fronts" with the current platinum hits version).
  • If you don't have Alan Wake, check out the collector's version on Amazon for $30! The first DLC comes free with all new copies (esp. the CE, since that came out at launch), so you only need to buy the 2nd unless your copy was used. The 2nd DLC is very short, but does complete the story, more or less (emphasis on less).
  • Avatar stuff ... very few games use them, masks that obscure faces make your avatar less personable, and items only appear on your dash for less than 30 sec, so they're not a good buy.

Like others, I have almost everything on the list, so this isn't an easy choice, but I'll probably add the Forza non-UE bits and C2's map packs. I'm a little miffed that XLBA games' DLC isn't included, but that's what it is.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Ugh. What to buy with 'Splosion Man?[/QUOTE]

That's my dilemma too. Right now I'm leaning towards the Crackdown 2 DLC, though I'd rather buy a game or two instead.

Oh, BTW, if you don't have Alan Wake yet, check out eBay, where sellers are pawning off their "Alan Wake full download code" that came with the fall 2010 Xbox 360 bundle. You should easily find the game for under $15 there (and maybe also includes the Forza 3 physical game too). A few auctions around $15 were also offering the game + "The Signal" DLC ... or I also see "The Signal" for under $4 there. With all those options for nabbing a "top 10 of 2010" contender on the cheap, getting the 2nd DLC pack (The Writer) for Alan Wake should be very high on your list to consider if you play action-adventure games.

[quote name='Cornelius']
[*]Fable II's DLC comes free with the greatest hits version, so if you didn't own Fable II already, just get that disc for under $20 total. Once again, people probably have new/sealed copies for cheap on eBay (make sure it's new/sealed, or at least the DLC is untouched!).[/QUOTE]
The Fable II DLC is actually included on the disc and and "built into" the game, no code or separate install needed. So as long as it's the Platinum Hits version, you're good.

I've purchased 600 points worth of Lips DLC (#1 ranking on Mull of Kintyre, woohoo!),still debating whether I should spring for another 7 songs or just forget the 400 points.

ETA: Well shoot, I didn't download the gamerpic already, and the instructions say you have to download it FIRST... Can anyone ask the support Twitter for me (don't have access to Twitter at work) if you absolutely have to download the gamerpic before you download the content?

Funny. I picked out the maw, the alan wake second dlc, but then got hung up on crackdown 2. It doesn't sound like I care much about what the second pack offers, and I couldn't decide if this was worth it, till I took off my stupid hat and realized the first dlc and the other stuff was already more than enough. Done and done! Not too many points left on my account, but I'm still waiting for the last 800 deal and now this 400 one.

bread's done
Back