Microsoft OneDrive (aka SkyDrive): 100GB for only 100 Bing Rewards Credits (approximately $1)

valid for one year.  I imagine after the year is up you either subscribe to the service, look for another free 100GB or lose access to whatever you saved there?

Or reduce what you have saved there.

You get 7GB for free no matter what and it integrates into W8 really nicely. They charge 50$ for it normally. You can also get up to 5GB in 0.5GB increments for each friend that uses your link, and an extra 3GB for using Camera Roll which I believe is a W8 Phone thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The camera upload 3GB bonus is also available for Android (I got it) and iOS I believe. 

OneDrive is great. When I was in college, I would work/edit documents from home. Upload them onto my OneDrive account, and then work on them when I got to school. I hardly carried around flash drives anymore, but it's a great service. I wish this was around years ago, but that's a different story. This is a great offer though.

Or reduce what you have saved there.

You get 25GB for free no matter what and it integrates into W8 really nicely. They charge 50$ for it normally. You can also get up to 5GB in 0.5GB increments for each friend that uses your link, and an extra 3GB for using Camera Roll which I believe is a W8 Phone thing.
I thought you had to carry out some action within a specific launch window of SkyDrive to get the 25gb. I believe I'm still stuck at 7gb. Is there some way to bump to 25?

I thought you had to carry out some action within a specific launch window of SkyDrive to get the 25gb. I believe I'm still stuck at 7gb. Is there some way to bump to 25?
You're correct. The 25 GB was a bump that early users got a couple of years ago. Everyone after that only got 7 GB.

Ah, sorry about that didn't realize they dropped it to 7GB for new folks.

Why is this in "Video Game Deals"?
I assumed it was posted in error. This one is a big stretch to post in this forum. Deals that are peripheral in nature to gaming are usually fine but I don't see a connection other than this and games are both on PC. Unless everyone has a spreadsheet containing their gaming library like I do? :whistle2:k

Can you upload game saves from your Xbox to the OneDrive?  I don't use the cloud so idk...  Just thought that's why it was posted in this here forum...

Can you upload game saves from your Xbox to the OneDrive? I don't use the cloud so idk... Just thought that's why it was posted in this here forum...
There you go. Not sure about game saves but I think this might be what the XB1 is connected to for cloud video uploads.

I'd still rather keep racking up the points to use towards Amazon credit. I can't imagine anything being as good a deal as that from Bing Rewards. I get $20 a month in free Amazon credit, that's tough to beat. Makes me think about making some dummy emails just to increase that, but I think I'll just stick with the ones I actually use.

Can you upload game saves from your Xbox to the OneDrive? I don't use the cloud so idk... Just thought that's why it was posted in this here forum...
No, but OneDrive is where your Xbox One Game Clips can be uploaded to for usage outside of the Xbox One.

There you go. Not sure about game saves but I think this might be what the XB1 is connected to for cloud video uploads.

I'd still rather keep racking up the points to use towards Amazon credit. I can't imagine anything being as good a deal as that from Bing Rewards.
Totally off-topic... on your sig, raptr doesn't let you create one banner with your Xbox and PS stats combined? Seems like they should get on that.

Totally off-topic... on your sig, raptr doesn't let you create one banner with your Xbox and PS stats combined? Seems like they should get on that.
They absolutely should. It would be nice to get my Steam stuff in there as well now that I'm actually using my account. I haven't been on the site in a while so they may have made a combo sig by now. I'll check.

EDIT: Looks like they have a decent combo card now so I'll try using that for a bit and see how I like it.

For anyone who used to use Live Mesh and misses the p2p sync feature try bittorrent sync. It work really well and avoid the cloud.
(just a PSA for those who lost the feature when it switched to SkyDrive)

Mega gives you 50gb free with no limit of time. Great if you have files to move between your phones, tablets and pc's.

At this point having a single location with 100gig would be the best option, assuming you don't want it to disappear next time the feds confiscate the h/w. And to add to the possibilities Google Drive is not bad, but like I said before skydrive is integrated into MS products which makes it my choice for interacting with my desktop.

Haven't used this in a long time but still have 500 points apparently so this sounds good to me since my free year of 50GB Dropbox expired and I haven't found a suitable replacement.

Thanks for posting it here or I would probably never have seen it.

At this point having a single location with 100gig would be the best option, assuming you don't want it to disappear next time the feds confiscate the h/w. And to add to the possibilities Google Drive is not bad, but like I said before skydrive is integrated into MS products which makes it my choice for interacting with my desktop.
The fact it can be used with X1 video solves a problem I was trying to sort. How to efficiently record video from games, put on my computer to edit and start making video reviews.

Keep in mind, when your year expires you still have access to all your files, you just can't upload any more. So if you used 190GB of your 200GB a day before it expires, you can still access all 190GB of those files.

Keep in mind, when your year expires you still have access to all your files, you just can't upload any more. So if you used 190GB of your 200GB a day before it expires, you can still access all 190GB of those files.
What, really? There has to be a time limit on that, right? That sounds too consumer friendly to permanently host; but well-thought out way to let people who expired to still download and get their stuff back.

bread's done
Back