Microsoft Play & Charge Kit Xbox 360 $14.82

azortex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Play and Charge Prices

Retail: $19.99 (BestBuy, GameStop/EB Games, Circuit City)
Overstock.com: $18.69
Walmart: $14.82

-------------------------------------------------------
I had already ordered one from overstock.com with the 12% off (for new customers or a different credit card/email address.) ;)

I already submitted a price guarantee form online, let's hope I get a good credit.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4196271

This allows plug and play for high-performance, precision wireless gaming with the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Gamers will be given ample warning when the end of battery life is nearing so they can connect the Play & Charge cable for uninterrupted play.
This allows plug and play for high-performance, precision wireless gaming with the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Gamers will be given ample warning when the end of battery life is nearing so they can connect the Play & Charge cable for uninterrupted play.
Features:
  • Play and Charge Cable enables continuous game play
  • More than 30 hours of play per charge
  • Battery fuel gauge through the Xbox 360 dashboard
  • Includes Play and Charge Cable and NiMH rechargeable battery pack
First post so let's hope someone will put this to good use too!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Nice! Thanks, anybody know if CC will pricematch printed out prices on the web?[/QUOTE]
YMMV

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Nice! Thanks, anybody know if CC will pricematch printed out prices on the web?[/quote]From my understanding, they probably will, under the following conditions:
1. There's a Walmart nearby.
2. They're still in stock at Walmart.
3. This isn't a online only deal.
Those tend to be good guidelines to follow in terms of PMing online stuff.

[quote name='cleaver']YMMV[/quote]

Mine usually doeas as long as there is a B and M nearby and sometimes they go onlone to confirm the printout is real.

called local store, they had it for 20 bucks and wouldn't match their online price. Can I still get CC to price match if local WALmart won't match it's online store?

Has anybody tried using just plain old rechargeable batteries rather than the plug-and-play or batter pack from Microsoft? Do they do the job? Any reason not to use them? Just trying to see if it's really necessary to go with these.....

thanks!

[quote name='hotwls13']Couldn't you just get it for $15 using the GGC at Best Buy? I think it's good for games and accessories.[/QUOTE]

There is nary a bigger YMMV around these days. None of the nearby BB's even have GGC's anymore for me. The one near my parents has expired ones. The one where I used to live had the 30+ ones, so saying GGC is kind of useless for a lot of people.

Hmmm. That sucks. Mine has plenty. The first couple months of the year they were a little hard to get, but now they are everywhere.

[quote name='Tromack']There is nary a bigger YMMV around these days. None of the nearby BB's even have GGC's anymore for me. The one near my parents has expired ones. The one where I used to live had the 30+ ones, so saying GGC is kind of useless for a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BrerDan']Has anybody tried using just plain old rechargeable batteries rather than the plug-and-play or batter pack from Microsoft? Do they do the job? Any reason not to use them? Just trying to see if it's really necessary to go with these.....

thanks![/quote]

it really just boils down to convenience. i've been using rechargables since i got the system on launch, and they work great. i'm using some Energizer 2500 mAh and generic 2100 mAh, and seem to get about the same performance for both. i don't play everyday, and i don't play non-stop, but with average play every couple of days, i'm only recharging them every 3 weeks. keep a few extra pairs on hand, and you're cruising. just pop in the spares and get the first set charging. with the prices of rechargables being what they are, the only reason to use the official pack is convenience (and it's not that much of a benefit).

Thanks for the reply!

That's what I was thinking....just have a couple of spares on hand and swap out. I'd rather pay $10 than $30-$40 to outfit two controllers.

I was told by someone that sometimes they can "harm" a device...but I don't see how that could be here.

Thanks again

[quote name='allyourblood']it really just boils down to convenience. i've been using rechargables since i got the system on launch, and they work great. i'm using some Energizer 2500 mAh and generic 2100 mAh, and seem to get about the same performance for both. i don't play everyday, and i don't play non-stop, but with average play every couple of days, i'm only recharging them every 3 weeks. keep a few extra pairs on hand, and you're cruising. just pop in the spares and get the first set charging. with the prices of rechargables being what they are, the only reason to use the official pack is convenience (and it's not that much of a benefit).[/QUOTE]

The GGCs started to disappear for awhile, but they seem to have come back full force. They are all over my local Best Buys now. They're blue, and work on any games or accessories (any system) over $20. I believe they expire June 2007.

bread's done
Back